Bill Maher Insults Troops - Again

red states rule

May 30, 2006
The moonbat left never misses a chance to slime Pres Bush or insult the US military

Liberal weenie Bill Maher inserted both feet in mouth when he did both with one bellow

Bill Maher: Our Troops Have a ‘Dysfunctional, Abusive Relationship’ With Bush

HBO’s Bill Maher threw quite a Bush bash on the March 9 installment of “Real Time.”

Not only did he stock his panel exclusively with well-known critics of the Administration like Roseanne Barr, the Washington Post’s Dana Milbank, and former Special Assistant to the President David Kuo who attained notoriety by writing the book “Tempting Faith” after leaving the White House.

Maher also began the program after his opening monologue by interviewing a retired Army major general that had just written a scathing op-ed about America’s top officers published in the New York Times Tuesday. This made him the perfect guest to start such a hate-filled program (video available here courtesy of our friend Ms Underestimated).

In fact, it was quite clear why Major General Paul D. Eaton (Ret.) was present when Maher, after some brief niceties, began the interview: "I thank you for doing this show. I thank you for, for coming out and speaking, because I know when you’re a military man, probably the hardest thing to do is to speak out, uh, in a way that’s not positive about the people up above you in the chain of command."

Yes, but it sure is a great way to get yourself on programs like “Real Time.” As such, when Eaton said, “I’ve got real problems with this Administration,” and actually thanked God for “the arrival of a Democratic Congress” last November, Maher was set up perfectly to attack the object of his disaffection:

I feel like the troops have this dysfunctional, abusive relationship with George Bush. The more he mistreats them, the more they seem to like him. I mean, the only speeches he ever makes are in front of troops or toddlers – the only two groups that won’t boo him, and I’m not that sure about the toddlers. Uh, why do they still like George Bush?

Well, Bill, maybe it's because he's the commander-in-chief, and members of the military have respect for the office that folks like you just can't possibly understand.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11328

Now why on earth would the troops, who actually see whats going on in Iraq, support the President... hmmmm Could it be that Bill Mahr and liberals like him really have no idea whats going on?

Now why on earth would the troops, who actually see whats going on in Iraq, support the President... hmmmm Could it be that Bill Mahr and liberals like him really have no idea whats going on?

No, it goes deeper than that Avatar, Bill Mahr is just plain stupid.

And of course, a liberal with an agenda is a danger, not only to those around them, but to themselves as well.:eusa_shifty:

You should work at CBS. You just posted a breaking news story

However, it should come as no surprise the contempt the left has for the US military

It saddens me when people can't grasp the fact that the armed services belong to he country not the president, they follow the orders given to them by those given the mandate by the populace.

It saddens me when people can't grasp the fact that the armed services belong to he country not the president, they follow the orders given to them by those given the mandate by the populace.

It saddens me how the left has no problem smearing and insulting the troops. The left has very little respect for the military

It saddens me how the left has no problem smearing and insulting the troops. The left has very little respect for the military

I don't know that that is the case but assuming you are right, what happens if the left inherits this war against terror and the armed forces employed in fighting it?

I don't know that that is the case but assuming you are right, what happens if the left inherits this war against terror and the armed forces employed in fighting it?

The keft has no intention of confronting our enemies. They have a long history of running away from the terrorists

Under Clinton, terrorists killed Amercians five times, and the Dems did nothing. OBL then realized the US was a paper tiger and that led to 9-11

That is the Clinton legacy

actually.... the military works directly for the national military command authority and their job is to go wherever they are told to go and to kick as much or as little ass as they are ordered to do as professionally and effectively as possible for as long as they are told to do it. It's a great job. Sometimes you end up doing things that, from your individual perspective, might not seem to be in the best interests of the country, but you gladly do them anyway...because your JOB itself is fulfilling. The men you have under your command expect and deserve your wisdom and courage. Getting the job done right is an end unto itself.

I can tell you that in all my years of service, I never once had my morale negatively impacted by the discussions of politicians back home. It was what I expected them to do.... to continually re-evaluate the validity and appropriateness of my mission and to modify it or change it or end it and give me a new one as they saw fit.

This is not the first time Maher and the left has insulted the troops. Out of the mold of Kerry, Kennedy, and Durbin - libs show their "support" of the military

Click the link and watch the video

March 20, 2006
Bill Maher and Richard Belzer Insult American Troops
If you start at the bottom of the barrel and scrape your way downward for awhile, eventually you will come to Bill Maher and his HBO program Real Time, a show devoted to wallowing in the vileness that festers at the black inner heart of moonbattery. Maher's ambush of the brother of a 9/11 victim will live in infamy. His latest: teaming up with the equally despicable actor/comedian Richard Belzer to insult American troops.
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2006/03/bill_maher_and.html
To the horror of fellow guest Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), whose stepson is a Marine officer, Belzer proclaimed that US troops are unqualified to have opinions on the war they are fighting with terrorists in Iraq, because "they don't read twenty newspapers a day."

Maher helpfully clarified by implying that people in the military are mentally unfit for higher employment; Belzer concurred.

When Ros-Lehtinen indicated that Belzer had no clue what he was talking about, his response was so vulgar and hysterical that even Maher realized he was over the line.

actually.... the military works directly for the national military command authority and their job is to go wherever they are told to go and to kick as much or as little ass as they are ordered to do as professionally and effectively as possible for as long as they are told to do it. It's a great job. Sometimes you end up doing things that, from your individual perspective, might not seem to be in the best interests of the country, but you gladly do them anyway...because your JOB itself is fulfilling. The men you have under your command expect and deserve your wisdom and courage. Getting the job done right is an end unto itself.

I can tell you that in all my years of service, I never once had my morale negatively impacted by the discussions of politicians back home. It was what I expected them to do.... to continually re-evaluate the validity and appropriateness of my mission and to modify it or change it or end it and give me a new one as they saw fit.

Thats what I said.

Thats what I said.

The military legend in his own mind MM dioes not have a clue on how to fight this war. He is to ready to blame America and say how sorry he is for his own nations actions

I say give peace a chance - kill the fucking enemy

Thats what I said.

clearly then, you understand that debating the efficacy of our foreign policy and how we use the military to implement it is a natural part of the process of American governance..... it is NOT, in any way, a failure to "support our troops" to debate how they are used.

The moonbat left never misses a chance to slime Pres Bush or insult the US military

Liberal weenie Bill Maher inserted both feet in mouth when he did both with one bellow

Bill Maher: Our Troops Have a ‘Dysfunctional, Abusive Relationship’ With Bush

HBO’s Bill Maher threw quite a Bush bash on the March 9 installment of “Real Time.”

Not only did he stock his panel exclusively with well-known critics of the Administration like Roseanne Barr, the Washington Post’s Dana Milbank, and former Special Assistant to the President David Kuo who attained notoriety by writing the book “Tempting Faith” after leaving the White House.

Maher also began the program after his opening monologue by interviewing a retired Army major general that had just written a scathing op-ed about America’s top officers published in the New York Times Tuesday. This made him the perfect guest to start such a hate-filled program (video available here courtesy of our friend Ms Underestimated).

In fact, it was quite clear why Major General Paul D. Eaton (Ret.) was present when Maher, after some brief niceties, began the interview: "I thank you for doing this show. I thank you for, for coming out and speaking, because I know when you’re a military man, probably the hardest thing to do is to speak out, uh, in a way that’s not positive about the people up above you in the chain of command."

Yes, but it sure is a great way to get yourself on programs like “Real Time.” As such, when Eaton said, “I’ve got real problems with this Administration,” and actually thanked God for “the arrival of a Democratic Congress” last November, Maher was set up perfectly to attack the object of his disaffection:

I feel like the troops have this dysfunctional, abusive relationship with George Bush. The more he mistreats them, the more they seem to like him. I mean, the only speeches he ever makes are in front of troops or toddlers – the only two groups that won’t boo him, and I’m not that sure about the toddlers. Uh, why do they still like George Bush?

Well, Bill, maybe it's because he's the commander-in-chief, and members of the military have respect for the office that folks like you just can't possibly understand.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11328

I know of Gen Eaton...used to be in charge of Transformation at Ft. Monroe...had a nice run in with Rumsfeld and got his feelings hurt. Got sent to Iraq to train Iraqii infantry....retired after 33 years with a hard on for this administration. The good general has no combat experience but I understand he teaches a mean French language class! He's been bus ever since trying to pass himself off as a pundit.

I know of Gen Eaton...used to be in charge of Transformation at Ft. Monroe...had a nice run in with Rumsfeld and got his feelings hurt. Got sent to Iraq to train Iraqii infantry....retired after 33 years with a hard on for this administration. The good general has no combat experience but I understand he teaches a mean French language class! He's been bus ever since trying to pass himself off as a pundit.

And THERE you have it, another, in a long, and not so glorious line, of liberal want-a-be's.

General Eaton should just do, what he does so well, take another shot of Jack Daniels, and call it a fucking day.:cool:

And THERE you have it, another, in a long, and not so glorious line, of liberal want-a-be's.

General Eaton should just do, what he does so well, take another shot of Jack Daniels, and call it a fucking day.:cool:

Heh...dont take my word for it, anyone should be able to google his bio. I think he joined the Army sometime in 71 or 72.

Heh...dont take my word for it, anyone should be able to google his bio. I think he joined the Army sometime in 71 or 72.

So he was a baby when I enlisted in '65, yep, certainly a man with issues, and one I would hold at arms length.

Don't TELL me what you can do, SHOW me what you can do.

Thanks for the heads up CSM, he's more lame, than even I thought.:redface:

http://www.defendamerica.mil/articles/jun2004/a061404e.html

this article, from the department of defense, paints a much different picture of General Eaton.

imagine that.

Imagine that...they say exactly what I said. He was sent to Iraq to train the Iraqii Army. You did notice that particular article mentions nothing of his bio....and has plenty of quotes from the good general. Did you expect him to say "I'm mad at Rummy and the Shrub so I'm gonna Swiftboat em!"

Forum List

Back