Bill Maher Attacks Amy Coney Barrett On Her Faith

When can we have a serious discussion about whether people "of faith" who are given positions of power and public trust will remain neutral when acting on behalf the American People or will abuse the power given them to impose the tenets of their particular faith on the public? People opposed JFK because they thought that he would take orders from the Pope. Same here. If appointed to a life position, will Barrett rule in a manner that would impose her faith on the entire American Public, which is comprised of people of all faiths and no faith? She is known to take extremist positions on issues regarding sex and reproduction to the point that she should be a Duggar by now.

Moreover, Roman Catholics are always split on which of the Catholic Church's teachings they wish to follow. How many Catholics follow this church's teachings opposing the death penalty and how to treat strangers and care for others, for instance? How many Catholics practice racial discrimination? Fail to oppose injustice? Fail to oppose violence? I mean actually acting in accordance with these teachings, not just giving them one line of lip-service in a speech somewhere.
Pelosi is Catholic.

And?

Like I say, some folks are capable of carrying out their official duties in a neutral manner, and some are perfectly capable of abusing the power of their position to impose their beliefs on others. With the Roman Catholics, as with some other groups, many, if not most, choose which teachings they will follow and which they won't.
You and no one else brings her (selective) Catholicism to the table. Double standard. You lose credibility.

You are either naive or deliberately obtuse if you think that all Catholics support every teaching of the Roman Church. The question remains as to whether Barrett will rule based on her beliefs or do her duty to rule neutrally on behalf of the American People. This issue is even more important because of the extremist opinions she has voiced and the issue that has arisen as to whether she is a member of an extremist Catholic cult.

Having once been a member of the Roman Church, I have a different perspective. My supposed "(selective) Catholicism" doesn't exist. I quit the Roman Church around the age of 14 for several reasons, and later events have shown that I made the right decision.

You are a lawyer. Can you point to any judicial decision Judge Barrett has made where her Faith trumped the Law?

Thank you.

A look at Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s notable opinions, votes

There is also the matter of her membership in a secretive Catholic cult that worships the penis even more than the main church does and requires women to "submit" to their husbands. Would the real Justice Barrett actually be Jessie Barrett?

Amy Coney Barrett: spotlight falls on secretive Catholic group People of Praise

Prospective Supreme Court nominee puts spotlight on People of Praise

The amount of people who support her because they think that she would vote against Roe v. Wade suggests a belief that she would vote according to her extremist Catholic beliefs and not as a neutral jurist.
I suggest you don't vote for her, then.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing you didn't have much of a problem with Justice Sotomayor, who several times said she would decide cases based not on the law but on her gender and ethnicity.

I think that our Founding Fathers were aware of issues like this, and came up with 'Separation of Church and State'
to be put in the First Amendment. It's the protection of the person from the government.
The only thing in our nations documents is that the government shall not establish a religion, which the Brits do. The entire separation issue is from an out of context quote in a personal letter.

When can we have a serious discussion about whether people "of faith" who are given positions of power and public trust will remain neutral when acting on behalf the American People or will abuse the power given them to impose the tenets of their particular faith on the public? People opposed JFK because they thought that he would take orders from the Pope. Same here. If appointed to a life position, will Barrett rule in a manner that would impose her faith on the entire American Public, which is comprised of people of all faiths and no faith? She is known to take extremist positions on issues regarding sex and reproduction to the point that she should be a Duggar by now.

Moreover, Roman Catholics are always split on which of the Catholic Church's teachings they wish to follow. How many Catholics follow this church's teachings opposing the death penalty and how to treat strangers and care for others, for instance? How many Catholics practice racial discrimination? Fail to oppose injustice? Fail to oppose violence? I mean actually acting in accordance with these teachings, not just giving them one line of lip-service in a speech somewhere.
Pelosi is Catholic.

And?

Like I say, some folks are capable of carrying out their official duties in a neutral manner, and some are perfectly capable of abusing the power of their position to impose their beliefs on others. With the Roman Catholics, as with some other groups, many, if not most, choose which teachings they will follow and which they won't.
You and no one else brings her (selective) Catholicism to the table. Double standard. You lose credibility.

You are either naive or deliberately obtuse if you think that all Catholics support every teaching of the Roman Church. The question remains as to whether Barrett will rule based on her beliefs or do her duty to rule neutrally on behalf of the American People. This issue is even more important because of the extremist opinions she has voiced and the issue that has arisen as to whether she is a member of an extremist Catholic cult.

Having once been a member of the Roman Church, I have a different perspective. My supposed "(selective) Catholicism" doesn't exist. I quit the Roman Church around the age of 14 for several reasons, and later events have shown that I made the right decision.

You are a lawyer. Can you point to any judicial decision Judge Barrett has made where her Faith trumped the Law?

Thank you.

There is also the matter of her membership in a secretive Catholic cult that worships the penis even more than the main church does and requires women to "submit" to their husbands. Would the real Justice Barrett actually be Jessie Barrett?

The amount of people who support her because they think that she would vote against Roe v. Wade suggests a belief that she would vote according to her extremist Catholic beliefs and not as a neutral jurist.

Her Judicial decisions listed were perfectly ordinary. The decisions listed were either the unanimous decision of the Court, or a referral to the full Court, or a dissent based on the Law.

I do not agree with attacking people based on their religious beliefs. That seems deeply Un American to me.

I see no decisions to deny Americans health care, or overturn Roe v Wade. The decisions listed appear very main stream to me.

Pelosi is Catholic.

And?

Thank you.

Her Judicial decisions listed were perfectly ordinary. The decisions listed were either the unanimous decision of the Court, or a referral to the full Court, or a dissent based on the Law.

I do not agree with attacking people based on their religious beliefs. That seems deeply Un American to me.

I see no decisions to deny Americans health care, or overturn Roe v Wade. The decisions listed appear very main stream to me.
Lys' objection to Barrett isn't based on her decisions, but on who appointed her.

That's all.

To Secularist wack jobs like Maher, refusing to use birth control means you are not qualified to sit on the SCOTUS.

Democrats are abandoning people of Faith for whom their faith over-rides their politics, to them that is CRAY-CRAY.
I have news to you Trumpettes. A USSC justice rules based on writtren law & the US Constitution. Not the fucking Bible.

You all know damn well is a Muslim was nominated, you asdsfucks wiould be running through the streets, waving your arms about & screaming "Sharia Law!!!! Sharia Law!!!!"

Agreed that US Supreme Court Justice should interpret and rule based on written US law ... not the Bible, Quoran, or Torah. Nor should a justice look to interpret law based on foreign law; nor should they legislate from the Bench. As for any Muslim justice that was up for nomination and they had history of speaking in favor of Sharia law coexisting in the US, then, yes, that would be a concern because so much of Sharia is at variance with US Law and US Constitution.

Pelosi is Catholic.

And?

Thank you.

That’s the point. The Left attack her faith because they hate American values.

Last edited:

Pelosi is Catholic.

And?

Thank you.

That’s the point. The Left attack her faults because they hate American values.

They hate a lot of things. Their party is based on hate.

Pelosi is Catholic.

And?

Thank you.

Being opposed to Roe is not exclusively catholic.

To Secularist wack jobs like Maher, refusing to use birth control means you are not qualified to sit on the SCOTUS.

Democrats are abandoning people of Faith for whom their faith over-rides their politics, to them that is CRAY-CRAY.
Yes. He is trying to apply an unconstitutional religious test.

NO COCKTAIL PARTIES FOR HIM FOR A MONTH: Lefty Law Prof Admits: Amy Coney Barrett ‘Is Going to be a Good Justice, Maybe Even a Great One.’

I have news to you Trumpettes. A USSC justice rules based on writtren law & the US Constitution. Not the fucking Bible.

You all know damn well is a Muslim was nominated, you asdsfucks wiould be running through the streets, waving your arms about & screaming "Sharia Law!!!! Sharia Law!!!!"

Agreed that US Supreme Court Justice should interpret and rule based on written US law ... not the Bible, Quoran, or Torah. Nor should a justice look to interpret law based on foreign law; nor should they legislate from the Bench. As for any Muslim justice that was up for nomination and they had history of speaking in favor of Sharia law coexisting in the US, then, yes, that would be a concern because so much of Sharia is at variance with US Law and US Constitution.

So you think spousal rape is OK?

You think women are not equal to men?

Like how a man can't meet with a woman in a business setting without his wife present?

... People opposed JFK because they thought that he would take orders from the Pope. Same here....

"Same here"? Did JFK take orders from the Pope, you irrational bigot?

I agree. When JFK ran for President people actually thought, he being Catholic, the Pope would run the country. I shit you not. People actually believed that bull shit.

Yes and she's an irrational bigot.

Like how a man can't meet with a woman in a business setting without his wife present?
Civility is a very thin line in the human genome. You must believe we are a hundred thousand years more advanced then we are. We have set in motion the wheels of our next cataclysm. Using all of this self important individualism based on each person while eliminating everything else. Look around our society. It is ph uked up.

Forum List

Back