Bill Maher Attacks Amy Coney Barrett On Her Faith

Filthy bigots like the Catholic-hater trolling this thread always try to justify their hatred on the absurd basis that they really, really want to believe they're 'right.'
Well at least we have humble people Like yourself showing love and acceptance to those with opposite viewpoints. Keep up the good work!

When can we have a serious discussion about whether people "of faith" who are given positions of power and public trust will remain neutral when acting on behalf the American People or will abuse the power given them to impose the tenets of their particular faith on the public? People opposed JFK because they thought that he would take orders from the Pope. Same here. If appointed to a life position, will Barrett rule in a manner that would impose her faith on the entire American Public, which is comprised of people of all faiths and no faith? She is known to take extremist positions on issues regarding sex and reproduction to the point that she should be a Duggar by now.

Moreover, Roman Catholics are always split on which of the Catholic Church's teachings they wish to follow. How many Catholics follow this church's teachings opposing the death penalty and how to treat strangers and care for others, for instance? How many Catholics practice racial discrimination? Fail to oppose injustice? Fail to oppose violence? I mean actually acting in accordance with these teachings, not just giving them one line of lip-service in a speech somewhere.
.....it's undeniable, MOST blacks given positions of power do not remain neutral when acting on behalf of the American people.....they think more of RACE--blacks
...so, let's be fair
I said nothing about race. My comment was about keeping the right to religious liberty free from having any form of government impose a sectarian belief on all citizens.
When can we have a serious discussion about whether people "of faith" who are given positions of power and public trust will remain neutral when acting on behalf the American People
You mean like RBG?

When did RBG ever impose the beliefs of her particular sect of Judaism on Americans who practice other forms of Judaism or non-Jews, be they of other faiths or no faith?

Unfortunately, there are some religious sects that have beliefs regarding other people that are not based on the religion of these other people, but are based on other characteristics, such as sex, race, sexual orientation, etc. These other people are entitled to equal protection.

Joe Bidens sect of the Catholic Church apparently teaches that there are rules to being black.
Oh interesting. What are the rules to being black that his Church teaches?

When can we have a serious discussion about whether people "of faith" who are given positions of power and public trust will remain neutral when acting on behalf the American People or will abuse the power given them to impose the tenets of their particular faith on the public? People opposed JFK because they thought that he would take orders from the Pope. Same here. If appointed to a life position, will Barrett rule in a manner that would impose her faith on the entire American Public, which is comprised of people of all faiths and no faith? She is known to take extremist positions on issues regarding sex and reproduction to the point that she should be a Duggar by now.

Moreover, Roman Catholics are always split on which of the Catholic Church's teachings they wish to follow. How many Catholics follow this church's teachings opposing the death penalty and how to treat strangers and care for others, for instance? How many Catholics practice racial discrimination? Fail to oppose injustice? Fail to oppose violence? I mean actually acting in accordance with these teachings, not just giving them one line of lip-service in a speech somewhere.
.....it's undeniable, MOST blacks given positions of power do not remain neutral when acting on behalf of the American people.....they think more of RACE--blacks
...so, let's be fair
I said nothing about race. My comment was about keeping the right to religious liberty free from having any form of government impose a sectarian belief on all citizens.
When can we have a serious discussion about whether people "of faith" who are given positions of power and public trust will remain neutral when acting on behalf the American People
You mean like RBG?

When did RBG ever impose the beliefs of her particular sect of Judaism on Americans who practice other forms of Judaism or non-Jews, be they of other faiths or no faith?

Unfortunately, there are some religious sects that have beliefs regarding other people that are not based on the religion of these other people, but are based on other characteristics, such as sex, race, sexual orientation, etc. These other people are entitled to equal protection.

Joe Bidens sect of the Catholic Church apparently teaches that there are rules to being black.
This nation has spent endless trillions of dollars and pushed people into employment opportunities by giving preferences. And the problems are still massive. There are rules. Its just who is administering them.

...so, let's be fair
You mean like RBG?

This nation has spent endless trillions of dollars and pushed people into employment opportunities by giving preferences. And the problems are still massive. There are rules. Its just who is administering them.
I’m just curious what rules to being black are being taught by Joe Biden’s Catholic Church

...so, let's be fair
You mean like RBG?

Apparently one must vote for him, or one is not.

...so, let's be fair
You mean like RBG?

I’m just curious what rules to being black are being taught by Joe Biden’s Catholic Church
Of Biden's Catholic Church I do not know. Because he decided not to follow any of them. The Catholic Church only teaches an individual about right and wrong. Each person decides to follow it or not. Its about personal discipline from being discipline. No one is perfect at it. And some throw it away when they move on in life as they age. Catholics can be Dems, but they can not be Progs. Rules to being Black I do not know. But they are not following rules of the Catholic Church at a high percentage as many others do not. Everything is a sin. Minor and major.

...so, let's be fair
You mean like RBG?

Did the church say this or is it written some where?

Pelosi is Catholic.

And?

Like I say, some folks are capable of carrying out their official duties in a neutral manner, and some are perfectly capable of abusing the power of their position to impose their beliefs on others. With the Roman Catholics, as with some other groups, many, if not most, choose which teachings they will follow and which they won't.

1FDC57A7-4CBF-46C8-8D68-7FFB21EE63DF.png
A75B89FC-E417-4B87-937F-1B68D75B6907.png

I think that our Founding Fathers were aware of issues like this, and came up with 'Separation of Church and State'
to be put in the First Amendment. It's the protection of the person from the government.

The "Founding Fathers" never came up with that and it's not in the 1st. I expect you know that though.

...so, let's be fair
You mean like RBG?

Biden told us.

...so, let's be fair
You mean like RBG?

Biden told us.
You said the church taught that.... we’re you mistaken... also, have you ever heard of sarcasm?

Pelosi is Catholic.

And?

Like I say, some folks are capable of carrying out their official duties in a neutral manner, and some are perfectly capable of abusing the power of their position to impose their beliefs on others. With the Roman Catholics, as with some other groups, many, if not most, choose which teachings they will follow and which they won't.
You and no one else brings her (selective) Catholicism to the table. Double standard. You lose credibility.

...so, let's be fair
You mean like RBG?

Biden told us.
You said the church taught that.... we’re you mistaken... also, have you ever heard of sarcasm?

You should Ask biden after he loses

I will say that this joke below.... was kinda funny... :lol:
Trump has appointed a quarter of the entire federal bench and -- unlike his wives -- that's for life. ...
I am glad you find that funny, C4A. It is much healthier for your mind and soul.

I don't think you know anything about Barrett and I don't think you want to know about Barrett. Stop politicizing the court.

I think that our Founding Fathers were aware of issues like this, and came up with 'Separation of Church and State'
to be put in the First Amendment. It's the protection of the person from the government.

The "Founding Fathers" never came up with that and it's not in the 1st. I expect you know that though.
One of them did. And the ACLU and all leftist thinkers, Supreme Court justices, scholars, etc. use the "separation of church and state" rational for the bedrock on which to keep religion out of the public sphere entirely.

You are more than a little disingenuous...or a liar. You pick which one it is.

"Separation of church and state" is paraphrased from Thomas Jefferson and used by others in expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution which reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

My mistake, but if that's the biggest issue with you, you have nothing

New Topics

Forum List

Back