Biles by miles:

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
2019-10-10T173528Z_1_LYNXMPEF991W3_RTROPTP_0_GYMNASTICS-WORLD_1.jpg

U.S. gymnast claims record fifth all-around world title.

In 1976, I watched Nadia Comaneci get a perfect 10 on the uneven bars at the Montreal Olympics. I remember thinking that something was going to be required to review the scoring system. And it always has galled me that a bunch of judged are able to decide the outcome based on their own biases and political leanings.

(Reuters) – American Simone Biles became the first woman to win five all-around titles at the gymnastics world championships in Stuttgart on Thursday, building on her legacy as one of the greatest of all time.

It was Biles’ 16th gold medal at the worlds and added to her all-around world titles from 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2018.

Needing 12.301 in the floor exercise to reclaim her title in the final rotation, Biles scored 14.400 points to finish with an overall score of 58.999 — beating China’s Tang Xijing by a huge margin of 2.100.

Russia’s Angelina Melnikova took bronze with 56.399.

I‘ve never seen her perform in real time but her videos are astonishing. While other athletes have that look of dedicated determination on their faces, Biles just goes out there with the attitude of having fun – as if the results don’t count.

How can anyone beat that?

More @ Biles by miles: U.S. gymnast claims record fifth all-around world title | One America News Network

Not only has she become the gymnast with the most medals, but, over the past couple of months, she has done 4 different moves that had never been done before, and they are all named for her.

I gotta say, that little girl is AMAZING. I have never seen anyone bounce on a gym mat as high as she does. The leg strength she possesses must be off the charts.

I know that when I was in my early 30's, I was bicycling 50 to 100 miles per day, as well as racing, and my thighs, while pretty good sized, were still a bit smaller than hers.

Not only has she become the gymnast with the most medals, but, over the past couple of months, she has done 4 different moves that had never been done before, and they are all named for her.

I gotta say, that little girl is AMAZING. I have never seen anyone bounce on a gym mat as high as she does. The leg strength she possesses must be off the charts.

I know that when I was in my early 30's, I was bicycling 50 to 100 miles per day, as well as racing, and my thighs, while pretty good sized, were still a bit smaller than hers.

I love the way she bounces up from the mat. Like she's make of rubber.

Forum List

Back