Biggest liberal super PAC raising cash for Clinton

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Biggest liberal super PAC raising cash for Clinton - SFGate

In the latest sign that Hillary Rodham Clinton will run for president, the nation's largest left-leaning super PAC said Thursday that it is raising money for the former secretary of state - an effort that will be led in part by two Bay Area residents.

Jennifer Granholm, a former Michigan governor who now lives in Oakland and teaches public policy at UC Berkeley, will co-chair the Priorities Action USA political action committee, along with President Obama's former campaign manager, Jim Messina. UC Berkeley law Professor Maria Echaveste, White House deputy chief of staff under President Bill Clinton, was also named Thursday to the PAC's12-member board.

Messina's presence is a sign that animosities that built up between the Clinton and Obama camps during the 2008 Democratic primaries have eased. Another indication of improved ties: The executive director of Priorities Action USA is Buffy Wicks, Obama's 2008 California field director.

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION] You are welcome to use this post if you can find the "equal but opposite" that would belong in your thread. :thup:

Not like it didn't already look such - and maybe nobody else appears to be running just because it is so very damn early ... but this makes her running feel more real.

In the latest sign that Hillary Rodham Clinton will run for president, the nation's largest left-leaning super PAC said Thursday that it is raising money for the former secretary of state - an effort that will be led in part by two Bay Area residents.

Jennifer Granholm, a former Michigan governor who now lives in Oakland and teaches public policy at UC Berkeley, will co-chair the Priorities Action USA political action committee, along with President Obama's former campaign manager, Jim Messina. UC Berkeley law Professor Maria Echaveste, White House deputy chief of staff under President Bill Clinton, was also named Thursday to the PAC's12-member board.

Messina's presence is a sign that animosities that built up between the Clinton and Obama camps during the 2008 Democratic primaries have eased. Another indication of improved ties: The executive director of Priorities Action USA is Buffy Wicks, Obama's 2008 California field director.

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION] You are welcome to use this post if you can find the "equal but opposite" that would belong in your thread. :thup:

Not like it didn't already look such - and maybe nobody else appears to be running just because it is so very damn early ... but this makes her running feel more real.

I get E-mails from them almost daily asking for money.

Yes, there is already a PAC running against Hillary:

Stop Hillary PAC | StopHillaryPAC.org | Stop Hillary PAC | StopHillaryPAC.org

In fact, it started before priorities USA...

Here's the "who's who" of the PAC.

I will cross post this on my thread, with your permission.

• Banned

Yes, there is already a PAC running against Hillary:

Stop Hillary PAC | StopHillaryPAC.org | Stop Hillary PAC | StopHillaryPAC.org

In fact, it started before priorities USA...

Here's the "who's who" of the PAC.

I will cross post this on my thread, with your permission.

Yup, go for it. I just didn't do it myself because I didn't see a 'reaction' article.

Money money money, American politics today has become an ad factory with little substance. The youtube above makes sense only to the choir, outside that world it is meaningless, inside that world it is all that is required. But I doubt any republican can beat Hillary should she run, women and minorities nation wide are not going to vote for a party that constantly says the 'stupid' even if they shorten the period of 'stupid.'

On the other side the GOP plans to have an early convention, in late June or early July, to keep the clowns from attacking each other. Sadly, that was the most entertaining and best reason to watch their debates.

One wonders how many of the Republican 'front runners' will be indicted or in jail by then? It looks like Huckabee will need to go on another crash diet (maybe he should keep his mouth shut for other reasons too?), if Christie goes the way of Bob McDonnell maybe we'll see a redux of 2012 (Comedy Central ought to carry the debates).

Forum List

Back