Biggest Decline in Worker Output Since 1947

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Worker productivity fell 7.5% in the first quarter, that is not good. At the same time, labor costs as measured against productivity soared 11.6%, which is helping drive inflation.

My fellow Americans: Get off your ass and get a job!

Hey, dingbat, we are 2 years into a pandemic that has killed over 1 million Americans - and that is IF you believe the numbers are correct.

No fucking shit there is a decline in workforce output. Everyone is dead.

EDIT: McRib walks into a room full of dead bodies

"Wow, the workforce is gonna suffer because of this"

Last edited:
Worker productivity fell 7.5% in the first quarter, that is not good. At the same time, labor costs as measured against productivity soared 11.6%, which is helping drive inflation.

That won’t start happening until we reduce the handouts to able-bodied adults. There is NO excuse for an unemployed grown man (or woman) to refuse to take a job because “it’s beneath him” while accepting food stamps for his family,

Hey, dingbat, we are 2 years into a pandemic that has killed over 1 million Americans - and that is IF you believe the numbers are correct.

No fucking shit there is a decline in workforce output. Everyone is dead.

EDIT: McRib walks into a room full of dead bodies

"Wow, the workforce is gonna suffer because of this"
Everyone is not dead. The virus killed fewer than 1% of Americans. We now have adults sitting at home, unemployed, taking welfare for their families, and turning their nose up at Walmart’s $17/hr job.

Employers need to get off their ass and pay better.
Government handouts need to stop competing with private employers. A married couple, each with no more than a high school diploma, can get a job at Walmart in my area and earn a combined $70,000 a year, with a signing bonus. Instead, they sit home collecting food stamps, Medicaid, and extended unemployment compensation.

I say that every able-bodied adult living in an area with less than a 5% unemployment rate - in other words, jobs go begging - and collecting welfare handouts should be put on notice that all UE compensation will stop in four weeks.

What is with all the libtard replies? None of them seem address the OP, much less contain any relevant information. Do they represent some sort of gallows humor?

Been a dozen threads on this.

Worker productivity is determined by diving the GDP by the total number of workers. The GDP fell, thus worker productivity fell. Having more workers would have just made the fall in productivity even greater.

Forum List

Back