Big screen TV.....

You’re not buying American?
Which brand of TV is made in America?? ... :dunno:
I've been buying Vizio televisions for years. They're great.

Looking for an 80 to 85 inch plus TV.
Would like to keep it around 4k tops.
Any thoughts?

Leave it turned off.

lol. No, I'm just teasin.

I like the curved screens. You need a big room for 85 inch tv, though.

The living room is 35x25 so it'll work just fine.
I think thats why the Sony upstairs still works after 14 years.
We only watch football on it.

I have a curved Samsung in the living room. I think it is 62" (edit... it is 70")
Our living room is 13' x 27' and it is more than large enough. I wouldn't want any larger.
Having said that, I also have an HD projector with an 9 ft screen and surround sound. Freaking awesome to watch movies on.
So... in my opinion, I would go that route. You can get electric hideaway screens so it can be put anywhere.

Last edited:

Think the best thing I ever watched on by best big screen is the movie Interstellar. But I have a pretty good surround sound setup, too, so.

Think the best thing I ever watched on by best big screen is the movie Interstellar. But I have a pretty good surround sound setup, too, so.

I dont watch too many movies but football sounds great with surround sound....or it did when I watched football.

Its telling that faced with a choice of sticking to their principles (yeah...conservatives don't have any) or watching re-runs of Family Ties, these "patriots" will watch Family Ties and support foreign nations.

I also drive a Tundra that was made in Texas.
Beautiful truck and reliable.
E932E61C-CD06-4679-AECE-691388F6DE78.jpeg

I especially love the gas guzzling feature.....thank God for 38 gallon tanks.

I have a curved Samsung in the living room. I think it is 62" (edit... it is 70")
Our living room is 13' x 27' and it is more than large enough. I wouldn't want any larger.
Having said that, I also have an HD projector with an 9 ft screen and surround sound. Freaking awesome to watch movies on.
So... in my opinion, I would go that route. You can get electric hideaway screens so it can be put anywhere.

The only problem is my ceiling height.
At 25 foot would a projection screen work?

You could do a wall mounted screen.... anywhere from $100 if you build your own (I did) up to several thousand $.
Then of course there is the issue of where to put the projector.
I will say, with the expense of an HD projector bulb well into the $100s a piece - it is not meant for daily watching running hours on end.
It is meant for movies and sporting event with friends etc.

You could do a wall mounted screen.... anywhere from $100 if you build your own (I did) up to several thousand $.
Then of course there is the issue of where to put the projector.
I will say, with the expense of an HD projector bulb well into the $100s a piece - it is not meant for daily watching running hours on end.
It is meant for movies and sporting event with friends etc.

True.
I figure an 85 will give me what I'm looking for sitting 25 ft away.

Its telling that faced with a choice of sticking to their principles (yeah...conservatives don't have any) or watching re-runs of Family Ties, these "patriots" will watch Family Ties and support foreign nations.

View attachment 394634

The money goes to Japan....

You're a globalist. Welcome!

View attachment 394634

Only part of it.
My last Toyota was built in Japan.
If you think this some how gets to me you're a retard.

View attachment 394634

Only part of it.

You stopped thinking a long time ago. You're a globalist. Kidding yourself that you are not is just more evidence that you stopped thinking. Most blobbers are globalists...too dumb to know it....and still deny it.

View attachment 394634

Only part of it.

You stopped thinking a long time ago. You're a globalist. Kidding yourself that you are not is just more evidence that you stopped thinking. Most blobbers are globalists...too dumb to know it....and still deny it.

The big difference is who we vote for.
And again,if you think your whiney accusations bother me you're totally wrong.
I buy whats made the best.

Great looking truck.

And that's where it ends.

The door height is such that a normal-height American has to do contortions to get in. Something that has always been a failing of Toyota pickups and SUVs.

Friend bought a new Tundra 6-months ago. Found the headlights didn't light up the road. That's because they weren't no. The switch was. But the lights were not. Only the little parking-light type perimeter LEDs. The dealer, without even looking at it. insisted that was normal.

The dealership is an unreasonable distance away but a local shop looked it over and found both headlights were defective. The dealer shipped replacements - with a bill - which they said they would credit if/when the defectives were returned.

Ah, Japanese quality control!

Forum List

Back