Big Scary Government Shutdown Looms Over The Country!!! OMYGARD!!! OH TEH NOESSS!!!

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Does anyone besides Pelosi and Schumer really give a sh*t? :laughing0301:

I thought there would have been ten threads on this already. Remember back before the Pandemic when a government shutdown was the end of the Democracy or Republic, depending on whether you were a Democrat or Republic? Remember how both parties would try to blame each other, and it became a contest to see which side was responsible? Good old days, they were.

"Democrats are scrambling to avoid a possible government shutdown in less than 72 hours as they desperately seek an agreement with the GOP during a day of frantic cross-aisle talks.

The state of talks had not improved by Wednesday afternoon, with GOP leaders dug in on their opposition to Democrats’ plans and the party’s right flank vowing to use its procedural powers to trigger a brief weekend shutdown over President Joe Biden's vaccine mandate. But some senior Democrats believe a deal could be within reach."

Tick, tick: House ends day with no shutdown deal

Last edited:
they're only on the job 1/2 the time anyways.....

1638446811154.png

The government workers here have been “working” from home for the past 18 months, which means that if I try to call them during their workday, they are either taking a walk, at the grocery store, or in the midst of yard work.

Pre-COVID, you could add at the movie theater to that list.

Still cheering the republicans for refusing to do their fucking jobs and pay for the shit they already voted for?

The government workers here have been “working” from home for the past 18 months, which means that if I try to call them during their workday, they are either taking a walk, at the grocery store, or in the midst of yard work.

Pre-COVID, you could add at the movie theater to that list.
so IOW, nithing will change: they’ll continue with this paid vacation. My cousin in DC is going to visit her sister in Jacksonville, hoping it will coincide with the shutdown. She told me - the horrors! - that otherwise she will have to log onto her computer during the workday, and it will take away the time she has with her sister. Don‘t government workers take annual leave??

And remember, these government “workers” are protected from the massive inflation Biden is exacerbating because they get cost of living increases tied to inflation. The pensioners ALSO get cost of living increases. The government workers have no worries, and cheer on policies that will drive costs higher - hey, the higher they go, the bigger their raise - while real working people can‘t even fill up their gas tank.

And remember, these government “workers” are protected from the massive inflation Biden is exacerbating because they get cost of living increases tied to inflation. The pensioners ALSO get cost of living increases. The government workers have no worries, and cheer on policies that will drive costs higher - hey, the higher they go, the bigger their raise - while real working people can‘t even fill up their gas tank.

So, government workers are not real working people. I will have to let me wife and her fellow nurses at the VA know that. They seem to work pretty damn hard caring for our Vets, but to you they are not real working people.

What a piece of shit you are.

New Topics

Forum List

Back