Big money obama! The tax return unveiled

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
Obamas: $5.5 million income, $1.8 million tax bill - Yahoo! News

I wonder if he's pissed off that Palin made double that and then some in only six months?

I guess we know who the expert is on making money, huh? Screw the nuclear program... she can buy her own nukes from Iran.

The Obamas gave $329,100 to charities in 2009. The president, who released his tax returns Thursday, also donated his entire $1.4 million Nobel Peace Prize award to 10 charitable groups. He never received the $1.4 million, and it was not included in his 2009 income.

so...5.5 million less the 1.8 in taxes....leaving 3.7 million...with donations to charity at just under 330 K...so less than 10% of taxed income. Whew...I bet Rev. Wright hated to see that...

And I loved the slick move on never accepting the Nobel Prize money...just donate it. Not taxes on that cash...pretty smart. And kinda made him look good in the process. I wonder if we can get a list of the "charities" he donated to....

And there's ol' Joe... He didn't do so hot. I bet he gets himself a good book deal soon though. Hang in there Joe...you'll be able to give WAY more than 4,800 to charity next year. Damn...I donate more than that and I make less than 100K a year...Keep it up Joe. You're an inspiration to us all.

naah Mostly only the repubs get jealous of how much others get paid or pay in taxes.

Oh...so dems with big incomes live in shacks and drive VW's? I'd venture to say that anybody who's wealthy is constantly comparing their financial situation to others in the same line of work. Especially if they feel like they are better than the other person.

naah Mostly only the repubs get jealous of how much others get paid or pay in taxes.

Oh...so dems with big incomes live in shacks and drive VW's? I'd venture to say that anybody who's wealthy is constantly comparing their financial situation to others in the same line of work. Especially if they feel like they are better than the other person.

Only ignert people drive VW, they are a piece of junk.

Ahh yes the sense of self worth being based on wealth and posessions instead of who and what you are.
Sad so sad.
A result of the advertising/marketing industry mostly.

Don't worry, be happy.

751animated-obama-money.gif

Only ignert people drive VW, they are a piece of junk.

Ahh yes the sense of self worth being based on wealth and posessions instead of who and what you are.
Sad so sad.
A result of the advertising/marketing industry mostly.

Don't worry, be happy.

Do you always project your opinion of how others SHOULD think into your arguements?

For the record, I love now you only focused on the Palin thing and totally side-stepped the "charitable" mis-givings of the top two men in the country who preach everyday that we should all do our part to help the less fortunate.

That, in and of itself, says far more about who and what they are than their checkbook.

He gave 1.7 million dollars to charity, I wouldn't call that negligible.

And look, paying his taxes without bitching about them. To bad leading by example won't work with this crowd :lol:

I wonder if he's pissed off that Palin made double that and then some in only six months?

I guess we know who the expert is on making money, huh? Screw the nuclear program... she can buy her own nukes from Iran.

The Obamas gave $329,100 to charities in 2009. The president, who released his tax returns Thursday, also donated his entire $1.4 million Nobel Peace Prize award to 10 charitable groups. He never received the $1.4 million, and it was not included in his 2009 income.

so...5.5 million less the 1.8 in taxes....leaving 3.7 million...with donations to charity at just under 330 K...so less than 10% of taxed income. Whew...I bet Rev. Wright hated to see that...

And I loved the slick move on never accepting the Nobel Prize money...just donate it. Not taxes on that cash...pretty smart. And kinda made him look good in the process. I wonder if we can get a list of the "charities" he donated to....

And there's ol' Joe... He didn't do so hot. I bet he gets himself a good book deal soon though. Hang in there Joe...you'll be able to give WAY more than 4,800 to charity next year. Damn...I donate more than that and I make less than 100K a year...Keep it up Joe. You're an inspiration to us all.

What is your point of this incredibly stupid thread?

Good for him. When an America hater like Obama can make $5 million in one year it proves that we really are the "land of opportunity". Obama may want to change that though, can't have others be successful! We gotta spread the wealth!

He gave 1.7 million dollars to charity, I wouldn't call that negligible.

And look, paying his taxes without bitching about them. To bad leading by example won't work with this crowd :lol:

It's listed seperately because he never accepted the money. It wasn't ever his as far as the IRS is concerned. So it's a fine line. But still, from the dollar figures I gave, which didn't include the Nobel Prize money, he gave less than 10%.

And then of course there's the premise that you claim to know whether or not he complained about paying that much in taxes. Maybe he didn't...but you don't know that. Unless you have the man wire-tapped.

But either way, that thought never crossed my mind. I guess he probably didn't bitch too much. I mean, hell, it's not like it broke him. And it IS his tax policy...so it's kinda of that "sleep in the bed you made" thing.

Michelle probably had a few choice words...that's a lotta nice shoes

If I have to explain it to you, then the incredibly stupid part of this thread is you.

If I have to explain it to you, then the incredibly stupid part of this thread is you.

You don't have to explain it to me...it's all very clear.

I'm just surprised that you would so publically display your jealousy and contempt for someone making money.

You don't have to explain it to me...it's all very clear.

I'm just surprised that you would so publically display your jealousy and contempt for someone making money.

What? No...it's NOT clear to you. My point was that his donations were LESS than 10% of his income...the man who ran on "spreading the wealth" couldn't do better than 329,000 dollars??? But of course, you wouldn't see that.

Yeah ... real slick ... give away 1.4 million to charity instead of keeping the money and paying income taxes on it ...

In one scenario he personally gets nothing and his charities get 1.4 mil.

In the other, he keeps the 1.4 mil minus taxes.

How slick ....

Yeah ... real slick ... give away 1.4 million to charity instead of keeping the money and paying income taxes on it ...

In one scenario he personally gets nothing and his charities get 1.4 mil.

In the other, he keeps the 1.4 mil minus taxes.

How slick ....

Don't think he could take the money anyways, probably why he was "real slick like", and had the money donated.

As noted before, no matter what President Obama does, this crowd will find fault with it. But it is nice to have a President intelligent enough to have written books that actually make money.

Forum List

Back