Big Momma Michelle Obama: Food profiteer-turned-food cop

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
whooboy.

By Michelle Malkin • May 12, 2010 01:06 AM

My syndicated column today takes on the First Lady’s hypocritical war on junk food. You can find the White House obesity task force report that lays the groundwork for Mrs. Obama’s nutritional power grab here. Or as White House aide Melody Barnes puts it: “It will serve as a roadmap for the work we need to do together to make sure that our kids grow up healthy and have the opportunity to live active lives.” My roadmap on the SEIU connection to Mrs. O’s campaign is here.

Related: Food police state alert – 3rd-grader gets one-week detention for possessing a Jolly Rancher candy. Michelle Obama gives the punishment two thumbs up!

SNIP:
Big Momma Michelle Obama: Food profiteer-turned-food cop
by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
Copyright 2010

Let me summarize first lady Michelle Obama’s anti-obesity agenda: Shed as I say, not as I gain. While she crusades for organic foods and puts government pressure on corporations to stop marketing fast food and junk food to children, Mrs. Obama herself profited from the very same processed food industry she now demonizes.

In June 2005, a few months after her husband was elected to the U.S. Senate, Mrs. Obama hustled a seat on the corporate Board of Directors of TreeHouse Foods, Inc. Despite zero experience, the food-processing company put her on its audit and nominating and corporate governance committees. For her on-the-job training and the privilege of putting her name and face on their literature, the company forked over $45,000 in 2005 and $51,200 in 2006 to Mrs. Obama — as well as 7,500 TreeHouse stock options worth more than $72,000 for each year.

read the rest.
Michelle Malkin

Isnt' this the same woman who used a government convoy of Secret Service agents and vehicles, stopped traffic for an hour all so she could get fresh arugala or something?

Let them NOT eat cake! Can be her motto.

Forum List

Back