Big Blunder: Bachmann Says She Would Consider Drilling In The Florida Everglades

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Fred Thompson almost fell in this trap when he ran and was caught off guard when the reporter asked him if he would drill in the Everglades.

Fred Thompson Caught Unawares About Everglades Oil Drilling Debate - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com

Apparently the same thing just happened to Bachmann but with her answer the Enviromentalists will come down on her hard for wanting to consider drilling for oil in the prestine everglades where wildlife is abundent in the lush preserve. Actually, Bachmann doesn't know anything about petroleum unlike Governor Palin who does. It seems that Bachmann is trying to get ahead of Palin on energy if she jumps in. I think this will hurt her.

News from The Associated Press

Last edited:
I don't understand the idea behind NOT drilling for our own energy resources. It makes no sense at all...Why depend on the middle east? Pure idiocy!

Why on earth would you not drill and refine your own resources?

Last edited:
If that stupid ****, and you fucking morons allow drilling in the Everglades, I'll return. You DON'T want that.
You fools are complete assholes to even listen to the bleating of the latest bimbos on the scene.
murka has no females qualified to lead........ANYTHING.
Not so in the lands of realism. Only in murka.

If that stupid ****, and you fucking morons allow drilling in the Everglades, I'll return. You DON'T want that.
You fools are complete assholes to even listen to the bleating of the latest bimbos on the scene.

Go back to eating your sausage and gravy.

Why don't you just leave already you fucking retard... isn't there a goat somewhere that requires your romantic attentions?

Considering something and actually doing it is something else. If a person has a closed mind and does not consider other options then we are asking for trouble. We need someone who can examine all the possibilities and decide which is better for the country and the people. The US used to be a place where the needs of the majority and the country outweighed the needs of a few. That is part of what lead to our place in the world. That has been changing and now the needs of a few, even one person or thing, can hinder or stop the needs of the many.

She said that she would "consider it" if it could be done without fouling the place.

I doubt it is really possible to drill for oil or gas in the Glades without also screwing up what is left of that unique ecosystem.

I suspect the Glades is probably more value to mankind in the long run than whatever hydrocarbons we could suck out of it in the short run.

We're already stressing that ecosystem by channeling water out of it to grow sugar beets.

Enough is enough.

Look at this. Just another attack on a strong conservative woman. When will you libs ever stop your hatred and jealousy of women?

I don't understand the idea behind NOT drilling for our own energy resources. It makes no sense at all...Why depend on the middle east? Pure idiocy!

One major reason is that our supplies are much more limited than they are in other parts of the world. I have always supported the idea that we save as much of our reserves as possible, just in case. On the other hand, if we can find an environmentally acceptable way to convert shale to oil, then I would 100% support that. We have the largest shale reserves in the world, totaling more than all known oil reserves worldwide. The problem is in finding a way to extract the oil from the shale. So far, the methods they have tried either cause too much environmental damage or require too much water or other forms of energy.

Fred Thompson almost fell in this trap when he ran and was caught off guard when the reporter asked him if he would drill in the Everglades.

Fred Thompson Caught Unawares About Everglades Oil Drilling Debate - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com

Apparently the same thing just happened to Bachmann but with her answer the Enviromentalists will come down on her hard for wanting to consider drilling for oil in the prestine everglades where wildlife is abundent in the lush preserve. Actually, Bachmann doesn't know anything about petroleum unlike Governor Palin who does. It seems that Bachmann is trying to get ahead of Palin on energy if she jumps in. I think this will hurt her.

News from The Associated Press

You are one serious dumb fuck

It's all about the money. America has tapped all it's cheap(easy to extract) oil. Rather than pay the expense to drill deeper it's easier to buy cheap crude oil on the world market than develop new deeper fields. Also our demand outpaced our production even when we were the worlds number one producer. Still production is up and we are #3 in crude oil production.

Forum List

Back