Big Ben should be on trial

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Good long read about the events of that night. This case really stinks.

In the wee hours of March 5, as bars in Milledgeville, Ga. emptied for the night, three women approached a police officer parked downtown and said "something" had happened to their friend inside a nightclub -- something involving a "big time football player."

That understated conversation spawned a high-profile investigation of rape allegations against Ben Roethlisberger, one that was in the public eye for a month yet its inner workings were mostly hidden from public scrutiny until now.

New details gleaned from the case file reveal that the inquiry was, if nothing else, bumpy, contradictory and marked by dead ends -- no slam-dunk evidence, no DNA profile to compare with genetic material from the Steelers quarterback, and no coveted second interview with Mr. Roethlisberger after his initial statement to police in the incident's immediate aftermath.

Roethlisberger inquiry bumpy

Why was I thinking of a different Big Ben?

big-ben-picture.jpg

In the wee hours of March 5, as bars in Milledgeville, Ga. emptied for the night, three women approached a police officer parked downtown and said "something" had happened to their friend inside a nightclub -- something involving a "big time football player."

That understated conversation spawned a high-profile investigation of rape allegations against Ben Roethlisberger, one that was in the public eye for a month yet its inner workings were mostly hidden from public scrutiny until now.

New details gleaned from the case file reveal that the inquiry was, if nothing else, bumpy, contradictory and marked by dead ends -- no slam-dunk evidence, no DNA profile to compare with genetic material from the Steelers quarterback, and no coveted second interview with Mr. Roethlisberger after his initial statement to police in the incident's immediate aftermath.

Even though I lean towards this being a chick trying to catch a big pay day, I'll definitely agree that this sounds strange and that the case shouldn't be closed.

But at this point, the prosecution wouldn't have much going for them if the scene was scoured by janitors before it could be combed.

Even though I lean towards this being a chick trying to catch a big pay day, I'll definitely agree that this sounds strange and that the case shouldn't be closed.

But at this point, the prosecution wouldn't have much going for them if the scene was scoured by janitors before it could be combed.

You mean like the total scam played on Mike Tyson? Say it's not so ....:rolleyes:

I tend to not believe these girls.

For one I have known many girls personally, that have cried rape. And like the Kobe Bryant case, I think many girls are looking for a big pay out to go away.

This is what I can't understand:

If there isn't enough evidence to indict him, how is there enough to penalize him by barring him from the next six games? How did that happen? Did he agree? Is football run very differently from baseball?

*Points to Pete Rose, the only sports figure I watched be disciplined*

This is what I can't understand:

If there isn't enough evidence to indict him, how is there enough to penalize him by barring him from the next six games? How did that happen? Did he agree? Is football run very differently from baseball?

*Points to Pete Rose, the only sports figure I watched be disciplined*
I heard Pittsburgh was trying to trade him. IMO, he sounds like a pig and the NFL did the right thing...they probably know more than they are saying, otherwise they'd stand behind him.

Forum List

Back