Biden's Record on Social Security, Kills His "Promises" To Increase It

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
So Joe Biden wants us to think, if elected, he will >>>
"Increase funding for Social Security" and "Expand Social Security benefits"

Those are the exact words written on a mailer ad that I received in the mail today. But Biden has a big problem with this grandiose claim, obviously designed to win over the massive senior vote in America. That problem is HIS RECORD regarding Social Security.

Biden has been in the US Senate since 1973, and his record on Social Security reveals consistent attempts to CUT SOCIAL SECURITY. Any claims of turning over a new leaf are not helped by the fact that he now has as a senior policy advisor to his campaign, Bruce Reed, a longtime enemy of Social Security, whose whole career consists of trying to cut Social Security benefits.

And after you spent 47 years of your life consistently trying to cut Social Security, you don't now get the privilege of claiming that you are the guy who is going to do just the opposite of that.

This Bernie Sanders tweet from early in the 2020 Democrat primary season, containing a video of Biden openly admitting his Social Security (+ Medicare + Medicaid + VA benefits) cutting, seals it >>

If anyone needs details on the decades long Biden/Reed war on Social Security, they are abundant in this link >>

In 16 hours, nobody wants to talk about Biden' s campaign SHOT TO HELL ? (from the Social Security issue)

Hey Democrats, Your guy is under serious attack here. Aren't you going to defend him ?

3 days ago I asked >> "Hey Democrats, Your guy is under serious attack here. Aren't you going to defend him ?"

Not a single post came in. Maybe Biden will be the first presidential candidate to get less than 10 votes in total.

Still no Democrats showing up here. They know better. But there's one who (maybe) will show up tonight > Joe Biden. And he won't be able to avoid having his horrendous record on Social Security revealed, for all Americans to see and hear.

I don't buy what Biden says on Social Security but I'll take it over Trump's plan to eliminate payroll taxes. Perhaps tonight Trump will tell us where the money will come from and how that benefits retirees.

I don't buy what Biden says on Social Security but I'll take it over Trump's plan to eliminate payroll taxes. Perhaps tonight Trump will tell us where the money will come from and how that benefits retirees.
With the 47 year record that Biden has on Social Security cutting, If you will "buy" anything that he says now, perhaps you will buy one of my items for sale > the Brooklyn Bridge.

With the 47 year record that Biden has on Social Security cutting, If you will "buy" anything that he says now, perhaps you will buy one of my items for sale > the Brooklyn Bridge.
Trump says he'll propose eliminating the present funding of Social Security. I don't understand your satisfaction in Trump taking less than 4 years to prove he's a bigger idiot than Biden on the matter. If not payroll taxes, where do you see the money coming from?

Trump says he'll propose eliminating the present funding of Social Security. I don't understand your satisfaction in Trump taking less than 4 years to prove he's a bigger idiot than Biden on the matter. If not payroll taxes, where do you see the money coming from?
Some other source in govt funding. Trump said there will be. Who has any evidence to refute ? You ? If so, let's hear it.

Some other source in govt funding. Trump said there will be. Who has any evidence to refute ? You ? If so, let's hear it.

A few weeks ago I saw that in 2019 the payroll tax brought in $1.0 trillion dollars while the federal income tax brought in $1.7 trillion. I'm sure not refuting the government has to come up with that money somewhere.

They already hit me with payroll taxes. According to my Social Security statement that amounts to $160,000 spread over 40 years. Plus I've also paid income taxes on that $160,000 during all those years. Next month when I start receiving benefits they'll tax 85% of that at my 22% tax rate. Trump's stance of, "Hey you know that $160,000 you paid and the matching $160,000 your employers chipped in? Well forget about, I have something else in mind", right now is my biggest concern.

Forum List

Back