Biden's New Tax Proposals (Poll)

Do you support any of the following Xiden tax policies?

• 12.4% tax on "joint" incomes over $400,000 to fund Social Security

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Increase the top tax (over $400,000) "joint" rate from 37% to 39.6%

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Tax capital gains and divisdends as ordinary income for joint incomes over $1million

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Caps itemized deductions for joint incomes over $400,000

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
The rush pay FER MORE than their fair share. It’s the poor who need to start carrying their fair share of the load.

They use far more services and pay far less taxes.
If the poor could put for their services, they’d wouldn’t need the services.

Massive financial disparity is very destabilizing to the country.

I am not a Democrat, but I applaud them taxing rich people.

Others need that money more then the rich do!

I am not a Democrat, but I applaud them taxing rich people.

Others need that money more then the rich do!
You have the wrong assumption that increased taxes means increased money for the poor.

The government will spend a set amount on the poor whether the money is collected in taxes or not. They will simply print the rest out of thin air.

And if you take all the wealth in the country, it would not even be a drop in the bucket in comparison to the national debt.

The dirty little secret is, politicians don't care about tax revenue. Taxation is more of a punishment/reward for political allies and foes. It is only a means of control

You have the wrong assumption that increased taxes means increased money for the poor.

The government will spend a set amount on the poor whether the money is collected in taxes or not.

And if you take all the wealth in the country, it would not even be a drop in the bucket in comparison to the national debt.

The dirty little secret is, politicians don't care about tax revenue. Taxation is more of a punishment/reward for political allies and foes.
Possibly. My main point is that all people should have Positive Rights to food, shelter, medical care.

If the poor could put for their services, they’d wouldn’t need the services
Not if they’re given an option not to. My wife’s family is but one example I’ve had the displeasure of seeing who are proof of that.

With the exception of my mother-in-law, I’ve made more money in any one year at my job over the last decade than the other seven adults have made (combined) in that decade. The moment they “qualified” for Government Incone they took it and have never looked back.

So do t tell me how much these people want to be contributing members of society.

Massive financial disparity is very destabilizing to the country
I could not care any less about the national economy. Never have and never will. People should earn as much or as little as their skills will bring. It’s as simple as that.

I want it ended immediately. It’s an unconstitutional and immoral program and always has been. I sent the Social Security Administration a certified letter in 1996 indicating I will not accept money from them if/when I ever reach retirement age. Same with Medicare. My reasoning…

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
OK. I went along with the government and so far so good.
I could have done better w/o it, but it is what it is.
Now that I paid into it, I want my full benefit.
You won't end SS. Any pol who says "end SS" will never even get on a ballot.

1. You don't have any real ideas where you'd cut the Federal Budget, do you? You are a "stupid bullshitter".
2. Here is how I'd balance the Federal Budget, and start paying down the $30T Debt:
  • Hire another "Grace Commission" to audit and fix the Federal budget deficit

• Cut Spending: [CUT $625b a year]
    1. Cut defense to 2017 levels of $600b until the Debt is reduced, saving $150b
    2. Cut foreign aid $55b (until Debt is paid we can't borrow to give money away)
    3. Cut Welfare $200b & Medicaid $200b (about half)
    4. Cut education $20b (state responsibility)

Current US Defense Spending to 2017 levels:
    Year Military Veterans
    2017 $598.70 billion $178.00 billion

2018 $631.20 billion $180.40 billion
    2019 $684.60 billion $202.10 billion
    2020 $737.90 billion $219.20 billion

• To cover the $900b budget deficit the following taxes need to be raised:
    1. Raise the top tax rate about 7% above 2016 levels +$400b
    2. Implement a new 3% Fed sales tax +$400b
    3. Implement a new transaction tax on all stocks & bonds
    Impose a Tax on Financial Transactions | Congressional Budget Office +$100b
    4. Implement a new remittances tax/fee on all money sent out of the US
    Taxing Remittances Can Build the Wall 2% of $140b is +$3b a year

• Reform entitlements, Medicare & Social Security, currently projected to be insolvent:
  • To fix SS remove the cap and increase the tax 0.50%
That would free up more resources for the local and state and federal governments and cause a huge growth spike which could be used for real infrastructure improvements and put all levels of government on a a responsible financial playing field. But it would piss off anyone collecting.

Welfare for the demographic that has the most accumulated wealth.

And I don't GAF about the denial of gubmint shills....Ask one simple question: what is OASI "invested" in?

If the "return on investment" is nothing more than the people on the back end paying into the fund, to pay the people drawing out, it's the very definition of a Ponzi scheme.
1. What is welfare for the wealthy?
2. OASI is invested in government bonds. Safe but not making much.
3. Its not a ponzi scheme unless you get a demographic like the "baby boomers" clogging the system. This is why we need to "fix" the SS system, too few paying in to cover the need. So when Clinton spent the SS surplus and put in an IOU, that IOU is now due.

1. What is welfare for the wealthy?
2. OASI is invested in government bonds. Safe but not making much.
3. Its not a ponzi scheme unless you get a demographic like the "baby boomers" clogging the system. This is why we need to "fix" the SS system, too few paying in to cover the need. So when Clinton spent the SS surplus and put in an IOU, that IOU is now due.
Gubmiht bonds = IOUs.....IOW, monetizing the debt....IOW, a Ponzi scheme.

The fact that there are an abundance of boomers "clogging" the system just goes to show what sheer folly that economic central planning is.....Central planners are completely incapable of the kind of discipline and flexibility that markets demand.

All your good intentions notwithstanding, you can't polish a turd.

Now that I paid into it, I want my full benefit.
You won't end SS. Any pol who says "end SS" will never even get on a ballot.
I have never expected to get anything out of SS or Medicare I do t want anything from either program and won’t take it if offered.

I have no intention of ever retiring like most people do. Once I’m no longer useful, it’s time to check out permanent.

I’m not a politician. I despise politicians. Especially professional ones. No party would ever run a nationalist, traditionalist, misogynist, classist like me. My views on Social Welfare/Justice would t even come up before they tossed me aside.

Gubmiht bonds = IOUs.....IOW, monetizing the debt....IOW, a Ponzi scheme.

The fact that there are an abundance of boomers "clogging" the system just goes to show what sheer folly that economic central planning is.....Central planners are completely incapable of the kind of discipline and flexibility that markets demand.

All your good intentions notwithstanding, you can't polish a turd.
Do you remember when there was a huge SS surplus because the boomers were paying into the SS system and Clinton came up with his "unified budget" and stole the SS surplus and put in a Federal IOU? Now that the boomers are retiring and can use that surplus its not there. what is there is that IOU. So the government owes SS retirees their full benefit checks.

How do you address the fact that SS worked well for 85-years and can easily work another 85-years with a few tweaks, like removing the cap and raising the tax 0.50%, so its not a "ponzi scheme", worst case we get 76% of promised benefits.

WTF are you advocating for? Your posts are all anti-SS, but don't put up a workable alternative.

NO NEW TAXES

CUT SPENDING
You can't cut your way out of the fiscal mess. Here's my prior post that has a combination of cuts and new taxes.

Year Military Veterans

• Reform entitlements, Medicare & Social Security, currently projected to be insolvent:

You can't cut your way out of the fiscal mess. Here's my prior post that has a combination of cuts and new taxes.

Year Military Veterans

What part of no new taxes did you not understand?

And yes we can get out by cutting spending.
Foreign loans/chairity/bailouts should be the first thing cut. 100% of it.

Then cut military spending on basses around the world. This isn't the 1950's where we need a physical presence all over the globe.
Stop giving illegals free shit. 100% cut
Stop ALL corporate welfare.
Stop all regular welfare after 60 days for all people who can not provide MEDICAL proof for why they can't work.
Stop all aid after 3 babies (my taxes are your sugar daddy)

Abolish half of the federal agencies like DOE and the like. That is the responsibility of locals.

As I stated....NO NEW TAXES. If you can't stop wasting my money you don't deserve it.

What part of no new taxes did you not understand?

And yes we can get out by cutting spending.
Foreign loans/chairity/bailouts should be the first thing cut. 100% of it.

Then cut military spending on basses around the world. This isn't the 1950's where we need a physical presence all over the globe.
Stop giving illegals free shit. 100% cut
Stop ALL corporate welfare.
Stop all regular welfare after 60 days for all people who can not provide MEDICAL proof for why they can't work.
Stop all aid after 3 babies (my taxes are your sugar daddy)

Abolish half of the federal agencies like DOE and the like. That is the responsibility of locals.

As I stated....NO NEW TAXES. If you can't stop wasting my money you don't deserve it.
1. Cutting foreign aid is about $55b
2. Cutting Defense to 2017 levels ($600b) gets about $150b
3. There is no corporate welfare, but if you find any it won't be much
4. Cutting Welfare in half gets $200b
5. 3-babies?? WTF is that about?
6. Cutting DOE saves $20b

You need to cut $1Trillion to get back to a balanced budget. You cut about $405b, where do you get the other $595b from?
That's why I said we need another "Grace Commission" to analyze spending and make recommendations.
But even then, we'll still need some new taxes to get us back to balance.

1. Cutting foreign aid is about $55b
2. Cutting Defense to 2017 levels ($600b) gets about $150b
3. There is no corporate welfare, but if you find any it won't be much
4. Cutting Welfare in half gets $200b
5. 3-babies?? WTF is that about?
6. Cutting DOE saves $20b

You need to cut $1Trillion to get back to a balanced budget. You cut about $405b, where do you get the other $595b from?
That's why I said we need another "Grace Commission" to analyze spending and make recommendations.
But even then, we'll still need some new taxes to get us back to balance.
No corporate welfare??? Are you playing stupid! Subsidies and tax loopholes

If you want companies to move everything overseas, where they do have subsidies and tax loopholes, then you won't have any jobs. Do you want jobs here or not?
Do solyndra and other similar companies who got HUGE subsidies are now operating overseas?

Nonsense

Forum List

Back