Biden’s new Secretary of Lying fails to explain how raising taxes will lower inflation

Raising corporate taxes to lower deficits would, in theory, help combat inflation.
How? How can that change a business that is in trouble already, can't get material, and resolve its problem by losing more money? You ain't got a brain at all.

See, the cost to bring goods in is up due to gas price doubling and material shortages. All created by Xiden. fk, I can't figure out stupid people like you.

I ask this all the time….NOT ONE OF YOU CULTISTS WILL ANSWER.

I will ask again…

WHO IS “THE RICH” and WHAT IS THEIR ”FAIR SHARE”?

We hear “The rich must pay their fair share” all the time from the cult….YET THEY REFUSE TO DEFINE IT.

Watch this WOMAN dance.

That woman is a moron. Another box-check appointee that hasn't the intellect to do the job effectively. At least Peppermint Patsy could dodge and spin lies effectively.

You guys crack me up. None of you are in the +$400k bracket. What exactly are you fussing about?

I ask this all the time….NOT ONE OF YOU CULTISTS WILL ANSWER.

I will ask again…

WHO IS “THE RICH” and WHAT IS THEIR ”FAIR SHARE”?

We hear “The rich must pay their fair share” all the time from the cult….YET THEY REFUSE TO DEFINE IT.

Watch this WOMAN dance.

Is that why the Republicans are suggesting it too?

You guys crack me up. None of you are in the +$400k bracket. What exactly are you fussing about?
who cares, you have to answer what it has to do with xiden's tweet and bringing down inflation. Didn't discuss that at all in her answer. Did you see her reading off a script?

How? How can that change a business that is in trouble already, can't get material, and resolve its problem by losing more money? You ain't got a brain at all.

See, the cost to bring goods in is up due to gas price doubling and material shortages. All created by Xiden. fk, I can't figure out stupid people like you.
Clown, a corp has to have profit to pay taxes, and I think we are talking major corporations here anyway. The "debate" was between bezos and biden. Doocey's just playing his "gotcha games," which is all these press sec questions are anyway ... regardless of who is potus.

I don't live in Chicago, either, but that doesn't mean I can't be concerned with the murders happening there.

Is that why the Republicans are suggesting it too?
swamp creatures be swamp creatures. Why don't you all educate yourself on what drove the inflation first, lack of material supply and doubling gas prices. Explain how taxes solve those two things? go.

Clown, a corp has to have profit to pay taxes, and I think we are talking major corporations here anyway. The "debate" was between bezos and biden. Doocey's just playing his "gotcha games," which is all these press sec questions are anyway ... regardless of who is potus.
so if they have no profit, how can they pay taxes? They have no profit due to doubling gas prices increasing expenses of goods coming in and material shortages from ship sitting of shore.

How? I'm still waiting.

Biden doesn't want anyone or anything else but him and his administration to take your money, that includes his inflation.

He needs to take as much money from you as possible before his inflation takes it all....
Notice how she READS and doesn’t look up? Even Jeff Bezos said BRANDON’s plan will not fight inflation

So, the question in this thread is whether raising taxes on the rich and big corps reduces inflation, right? This is what the Left always wants to do, raise taxes and spend more money. Generally, when you raise taxes you get less investment and less innovation, thus lower economic growth. But what about inflation? IMHO, it depends on where the money goes and how much money we're talking about.

The basic problem with inflation is that you have too much money circulating in the economy relative to the aggregate amount of goods and services you produce. IOW, demand has outstripped supply and the value of a dollar is reduced; what used to cost $1 now costs $1.50, or whatever but it's always higher. So - what happens when you raise taxes on the rich/big corps? Does demand go down? NO. Does the gov't get more productivity out of the increased revenue than they otherwise would? Does supply go up? NO. Although the studies are not all consistent, historical evidence suggests an undesirable, long-run effect from government spending: it crowds out private-sector spending and uses money in less productive ways because they are more interested in political gain vs economic growth. They'll tell you otherwise, but they're lying.

When you raise taxes on the rich and the big corps you're going to get less investing and less innovation and fewer startups and business expansion. Why? Because you are taxing those things more. Or rather those things do create more income that the rich guys and big corps have to pay more tax on, that's why they do it. So, if you raise income taxes, they'll pull more money out of the income producing assets and put more money into non-taxable assets than they otherwise would, i.e., unrealized gains in wealth that they don't pay taxes on until later.

This is a long way around the barn to get to the point, which is that when you raise taxes you are not decreasing the amount of money in circulation cuz the gov't is going to spend the extra money, BUT the amount of goods and services produced is less than it otherwise would be without the tax hikes. So, if you raise taxes you are not going to reduce inflation at all, you might even make it worse. But you will reduce economic growth, and that ain't good.

Forum List

Back