Biden's Failing Afghanistan Withdrawl

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
This is an editorial from the Washington Examiner, August 12, 2021.

By refusing to use overwhelming air power to blunt the Taliban's rise, Joe Biden is failing to protect American interests in Afghanistan and ultimately undermining national security.

This is a good editorial, but it fails to mention the critical relationship between US military in Afghanistan, and the fragile Pakistani government, constantly under threat of attack from Muslim jihadists, for control of Pakistan's 100+ nuclear warheads.

Yeah, the thousands of lives, limbs and minds, the trillions of dollars, all wasted on Bush's wars should be ignored so we can focus on what was inevitable from the very beginning.
As usual, the left has a different perspective than the right. The only thing that is inevitable, is the threat to US national security by the loony Islamic jihadists, that will never go away. 1400 years of Islamic militarist imperialism has well proven that.

After 20 years in Afghanistan, it should be evident to everyone that the ultimate reality, unfortunate as it may be, is that there can never be a withdrawl of US military power from Afghanistan, or other places that Islamic lunacy chooses to place itself, and that war against the jihad is NEVER-ending.

US military will ALWAYS need to be in the Middle East, as the insanity of the Koran and its lunatics will always continue.

As usual, the left has a different perspective than the right. The only thing that is inevitable, is the threat to US national security by the loony Islamic jihadists, that will never go away. 1400 years of Islamic militarist imperialism has well proven that.

After 20 years in Afghanistan, it should be evident to everyone that the ultimate reality, unfortunate as it may be, is that there can never be a withdrawl of US military power from Afghanistan, or other places that Islamic lunacy chooses to place itself, and that war against the jihad is NEVER-ending.

US military will ALWAYS need to be in the Middle East, as the insanity of the Koran and its lunatics will always continue.
Lol. There never was any threat to our national security from Afghanistan.

I think Biden is a dangerously stupid and incompetent person but I don't blame him for whatever happens in that shithole when we leave. And I don't care how we leave as long as it is safely. I don't buy the bullshit argument that we have to fight them over there or we'll have to fight them over here. That's just an excuse for a terrible policy.

I don't buy the bullshit argument that we have to fight them over there or we'll have to fight them over here. That's just an excuse for a terrible policy.

You will get to find that out the hard way. Of course you won't be around to take responsibility for the outcomes if you prove to be wrong, which is a certainty.

And, we could win there and anywhere else, easily.

This is an editorial from the Washington Examiner, August 12, 2021.

By refusing to use overwhelming air power to blunt the Taliban's rise, Joe Biden is failing to protect American interests in Afghanistan and ultimately undermining national security.

Washington Examiner is a tabloid.. So that's where you get your news.

I think Biden is a dangerously stupid and incompetent person but I don't blame him for whatever happens in that shithole when we leave. And I don't care how we leave as long as it is safely. I don't buy the bullshit argument that we have to fight them over there or we'll have to fight them over here. That's just an excuse for a terrible policy.

The Taliban is strictly about internal affairs.

We couldn't win there, the Russians couldn't do it. It was long overdue.

Which war? The Russians were a failed state in 1978 when they went in to prop up their man in Kabul. We bankrupted them in 1973, and they were just a shell waiting to finally die.

Which war? The Russians were a failed state in 1978 when they went in to prop up their man in Kabul. We bankrupted them in 1973, and they were just a shell waiting to finally die.

The Soviets came in from 1979 to 1989 to support the Afghan communists who had overthrown the Afghani monarchy in 1974.

They sure made a mess. Afghanistan had high literacy, cinemas, cafes, etc under the monarchy.

The left? This is the very action Trump called for.

The left? This is the very action Trump called for.

protectionist

The Gulf States hate Communism. That's why they fought the Communists in Afghanistan. The Taliban were war orphans and were not in existence before 1994. They are NOT a threat to the US .. Strictly internal politics.

Forum List

Back