Biden's $6.8T Budget Proposal - No "fix" for Social Security?! WTF??

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Democrats were saying that Republicans want to "cut" social security, but do not put up a fix for it. Hypocrites!

No changes to Social Security

The White House said it was committed to strengthening Social Security but did not detail a solvency plan similar to the Medicare proposal. It instead allocated $1.4 billion (a 10% increase) to improve on the agency’s staffing and technology. Changes to Social Security are “not on the table,” Shalanda Young, director of the White House Office of Management and Budget, told reporters in a call previewing the plan on Thursday.

Biden has excoriated Republicans over Medicare and Social Security in recent months, citing a Republican senator’s 2022 call to sunset all federal programs every five years. Republican leaders have said in recent weeks that the two popular entitlement programs are off the table when it comes to slashing spending, but have yet to offer a plan of where they expect the cuts. Social Security and Medicare compose a large portion of the federal budget due to the nation’s aging population and increasing healthcare costs.

I think what he does is good but fixing it long term is going to tax more taxes on the filthy greedy rich and a understanding that that money is for ssi. Personally, reducing the debt is dumb and I'd put the 3 billion into ssi to maintain it long term.

I think what he does is good but fixing it long term is going to tax more taxes on the filthy greedy rich and a understanding that that money is for ssi. Personally, reducing the debt is dumb and I'd put the 3 billion into ssi to maintain it long term.
Increasing the debt places the United States in a position where the interest on payments is never ending to prevent a payment default. I sure hope you don't use this approach with your personal finances.

Why would you only tax the "filthy greedy rich" and not .. everyone (you know, fair share).

A $6.7 trillion Federal budget is insane. That is more money than the GDP of every country on earth other than the US and China.

On top of that the State and Local governments combine spend a similar amount for government.

It is despicable and gross fiscal irresponsibility when we are $31 trillion in debt.

No tax code will fix the problem. All tax codes do is create winners and losers.
What is needed is to stop spending so much money on government.
Cutting spending is a lot easier said than done. Here is an old Budget. Tell us what you would cut.

2021 Federal Budget
Outlays $4.88T
Receipts $3.86T
Deficit $1.02T

Discretionary Spending
Defense $753b
Non-defense $733b
Total $1.49T

Mandatory Spending
Social Security $1,115b
Medicare 746b
Medicaid 452b
Other 660b
Interest on Debt 379b
Total $3.39T

The problem is not that we don't tax enough.

The problem is that we spend too much money on government.

Potatohead's proposed Federal budget is greater than the GDP of every country on earth other the US and China and it includes a $1.4 trillion deficit. That is on top of what we spend at the State and Local levels.

Insane fiscal irresponsibility.

fixing it long term is going to tax more taxes on the filthy greedy rich
How do you tax a tax, moonbat?
What about wealthy people who are not filthy and greedy?
It sounds to me like you're the greedy one, wanting others to pay for your agenda.

Democrats were saying that Republicans want to "cut" social security, but do not put up a fix for it. Hypocrites!

No changes to Social Security

The White House said it was committed to strengthening Social Security but did not detail a solvency plan similar to the Medicare proposal. It instead allocated $1.4 billion (a 10% increase) to improve on the agency’s staffing and technology. Changes to Social Security are “not on the table,” Shalanda Young, director of the White House Office of Management and Budget, told reporters in a call previewing the plan on Thursday.

Biden has excoriated Republicans over Medicare and Social Security in recent months, citing a Republican senator’s 2022 call to sunset all federal programs every five years. Republican leaders have said in recent weeks that the two popular entitlement programs are off the table when it comes to slashing spending, but have yet to offer a plan of where they expect the cuts. Social Security and Medicare compose a large portion of the federal budget due to the nation’s aging population and increasing healthcare costs.

President's new budget mentions 'equity' 63 times, 'transgender' eight times and 'queer' seven times - but 'fentanyl' is only used twice, while word 'opioid' appears just four times​

A $6.7 trillion Federal budget is insane. That is more money than the GDP of every country on earth other than the US and China.

On top of that the State and Local governments combine spend a similar amount for government.

It is despicable and gross fiscal irresponsibility when we are $31 trillion in debt.

What if I told you that their GOAL was to destroy America?

Cutting spending is a lot easier said than done. Here is an old Budget. Tell us what you would cut.

2021 Federal Budget
Outlays $4.88T
Receipts $3.86T
Deficit $1.02T

Discretionary Spending
Defense $753b
Non-defense $733b
Total $1.49T

Mandatory Spending
Social Security $1,115b
Medicare 746b
Medicaid 452b
Other 660b
Interest on Debt 379b
Total $3.39T

I'd start with cutting federal government employee salaries, especially for elected politicians. And remove ALL benefits and exemptions for them.
You see, while that would be an insignificant drop in the bucket, the overall effect would be to get career politicians unseated and take away the corruption motivation...which would result in a more representative government....which would result in a self correcting more responsible budget and spending routine.

Democrats spend like they have stolen your credit card.

President's new budget mentions 'equity' 63 times, 'transgender' eight times and 'queer' seven times - but 'fentanyl' is only used twice, while word 'opioid' appears just four times​

Lets us know who their base is, huh?

It really doesn't matter. The Republicans have the House, so they will write the Budget.

I can't wait for the GOP to get the Budget back to $4T instead of $6.8T, but they had better fix Social Security too.

I'd start with cutting federal government employee salaries, especially for elected politicians. And remove ALL benefits and exemptions for them.
You see, while that would be an insignificant drop in the bucket, the overall effect would be to get career politicians unseated and take away the corruption motivation...which would result in a more representative government....which would result in a self correcting more responsible budget and spending routine.
You really think you could get a majority of them to vote for that? Not bloody likely.

Forum List

Back