Biden will charge reporters $170 to enter White House.

I can see where at $170 a pop, the WH must be paying a fortune for the 400 or so full-time staff at the WH. Let's say they work 5 days a week, that's $34,000 p/wk. That doesn't include visitors, contractors or Secret Service. From that perspective, it seems a little more fair asking the press corps to pay their own way. How about they share pics and video rather than all bringing their own camera teams?

Or President Biden rethinking the daily testing for everyone. Is that a bit excessive? Could a more reasonable plan be made?

Why not just have the reporters stay at their desks in the office, or at their homes, and just send in whatever queries they have electronically? Alternatively, if the WH wants to give information to all the reporters, they could just send out a e-letter to the official reporters acting as their buffer?

BTW, that's sort of similar to what Trump did. If there was something important, he would just tweet it, and reporters just had to look at their twitter feed.

I have a better idea. The entire Press Corp ought to just not even show up for Biden Pressers at all. Let Jan meet with an empty room. No one at the Pressers, no one at meetings, interviews, no questions, nothing. Not even virtual over the web. STATIC.

Seems to me that this would run counter to the 1st amendment as much as a poll tax would.

Dumb idea. I had my temperature checked before going to a restaurant the other day. DIdn't cost a penny.

What is really idiotic is that the people the President and VP will come into contact up close with are not reporters. Are we going to charge the NSC briefers $170 a pop?

Worst President ever.

Ironic since his campaign platform called for the wide availability of free testing The Biden Plan to Combat Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Prepare for Future Global Health Threats

View attachment 462528
Oh, well... won't be the first time a candidate ended-up breaking a promise ( make Mexico pay for the wall ) once he actually attained office... :laugh:

Not to worry... news agencies will be paying that on behalf of their staffers who attend the White House.

And those news agencies make millions from sending their reporters to the White House, so it's a flyspeck to them... a flea... a gnat... a Nothingburger.
Didn't read the link, did ya troll?

...Didn't read the link, did ya troll?
Sure I did, pi$$ant... and it didn't change my perspective on this in the slightest... it's a pimple... a gnat... a flea... a Nothingburger.

Hey... maybe we could rig it so that only RIGHT-wing press staffers get charged the fee? :laugh:

...Didn't read the link, did ya troll?
Sure I did, pi$$ant... and it didn't change my perspective on this in the slightest... it's a pimple... a gnat... a flea... a Nothingburger.

Hey... maybe we could rig it so that only RIGHT-wing press staffers get charged the fee? :laugh:
So you read it and was unable to comprehend what you read.

Got it.

I can see where at $170 a pop, the WH must be paying a fortune for the 400 or so full-time staff at the WH. Let's say they work 5 days a week, that's $34,000 p/wk. That doesn't include visitors, contractors or Secret Service. From that perspective, it seems a little more fair asking the press corps to pay their own way. How about they share pics and video rather than all bringing their own camera teams?

Or President Biden rethinking the daily testing for everyone. Is that a bit excessive? Could a more reasonable plan be made?

Or is one of Hunter's companies doing the "authorized" testing?

Forum List

Back