Biden wants credit for a strong economy. Americans aren’t buying it.

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

6 Feb 2023 ~~ By Karl Evers-Hillstrom

Americans remain pessimistic about the economy despite huge job growth and cooling inflation.
A slew of recent polls reveal that Americans are still struggling with high costs and aren’t convinced that the U.S. can stave off a recession as the Federal Reserve takes steps to slow the economy down.
That presents a challenge for President Biden, who took a victory lap last week after federal data showed that the U.S. added a shocking 517,000 jobs in January, blowing away analysts’ predictions of slowing job growth. The unemployment rate fell to 3.4 percent, the lowest since 1969.
“Add that all up, it means we created 12 million jobs since I took office,” Biden said Friday. “That’s the strongest two years of job growth in history by a long shot.”
Even so, just 37 percent of respondents in a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll said they approve of the economy, with 58 percent voicing disapproval. That’s unchanged from February 2022.
~Snip~
Inflation is still top of mind for voters. And while inflation has come down in recent months — prices fell 0.1 percent from December to January, according to the Labor Department — the cost of essential goods and services remains elevated.
~Snip~
The economy is the No. 1 issue for U.S. voters, according to a Pew Research Center poll released Monday. Three-quarters of respondents said that strengthening the economy should be the top priority for Biden and Congress.
Most voters put the onus on Biden to keep the economy afloat. Forty-eight percent of those surveyed in the CBS poll said that Biden will be responsible “a lot” for the economy this year, ahead of the Federal Reserve, with 39 percent.

Commentary:
Strong economy? I just paid nearly $8.00 for a dozen eggs at Wally-World. My grocery bill keeps says inflation is not cooling, but increasing.
The entire country admits Joe's policies are worse than the Carter era. The economists and facts prove it.
Strong economy? Nearly everything we purchase, touch and see is made in China...What a great economy we have. United States of Consumers. And now we have Chinese spy craft suspended by giant balloons over our heads.
When incompetent, highly corrupt traitorous politicians make a claim like that. All he did was destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs with his ultra-high inflation.
These disgusting people have severe narcissistic disorders to be liked and to feel like they have done something useful with their lives. Half a century in Washington makes him one of the most useless, vile people to have ever trod the planet.
Will the newly elected Speaker of the House rip up Biden’s speech of lies as the previous Speaker of the House did on Feb 5, 2020? Maybe Or, will They blow up a white balloon and start bouncing it around the hall like at ball games.

**********​
**********​
**********​
**********​

The average American is $7000/year poorer than they were last year. By average American, I'm referring to gainfully employed men and women who don't fuck children.

On an unrelated note, the neo-marxist shitlibs are reporting record levels of new wealth, including AOC who went from a 3-input bartender to $30 million, in less than 500 blowjobs. Congrats to one my favorite fuck holes!

The average American is $7000/year poorer than they were last year. By average American, I'm referring to gainfully employed men and women who don't fuck children.

On an unrelated note, the neo-marxist shitlibs are reporting record levels of new wealth, including AOC who went from a 3-input bartender to $30 million, in less than 500 blowjobs. Congrats to one my favorite fuck holes!

Exactly

Bullshit. Heritage claims $4200 and they lie like fuck (worse than two iron)

FoU3Xh3aQAAYEHN

Americans remain pessimistic about the economy despite huge job growth and cooling inflation.
A slew of recent polls reveal that Americans are still struggling with high costs and aren’t convinced that the U.S. can stave off a recession as the Federal Reserve takes steps to slow the economy down.
That presents a challenge for President Biden, who took a victory lap last week after federal data showed that the U.S. added a shocking 517,000 jobs in January, blowing away analysts’ predictions of slowing job growth. The unemployment rate fell to 3.4 percent, the lowest since 1969.
“Add that all up, it means we created 12 million jobs since I took office,” Biden said Friday. “That’s the strongest two years of job growth in history by a long shot.”
Even so, just 37 percent of respondents in a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll said they approve of the economy, with 58 percent voicing disapproval. That’s unchanged from February 2022.
~Snip~
Inflation is still top of mind for voters. And while inflation has come down in recent months — prices fell 0.1 percent from December to January, according to the Labor Department — the cost of essential goods and services remains elevated.
~Snip~
The economy is the No. 1 issue for U.S. voters, according to a Pew Research Center poll released Monday. Three-quarters of respondents said that strengthening the economy should be the top priority for Biden and Congress.
Most voters put the onus on Biden to keep the economy afloat. Forty-eight percent of those surveyed in the CBS poll said that Biden will be responsible “a lot” for the economy this year, ahead of the Federal Reserve, with 39 percent.

Commentary:
Strong economy? I just paid nearly $8.00 for a dozen eggs at Wally-World. My grocery bill keeps says inflation is not cooling, but increasing.
The entire country admits Joe's policies are worse than the Carter era. The economists and facts prove it.
Strong economy? Nearly everything we purchase, touch and see is made in China...What a great economy we have. United States of Consumers. And now we have Chinese spy craft suspended by giant balloons over our heads.
When incompetent, highly corrupt traitorous politicians make a claim like that. All he did was destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs with his ultra-high inflation.
These disgusting people have severe narcissistic disorders to be liked and to feel like they have done something useful with their lives. Half a century in Washington makes him one of the most useless, vile people to have ever trod the planet.
Will the newly elected Speaker of the House rip up Biden’s speech of lies as the previous Speaker of the House did on Feb 5, 2020? Maybe Or, will They blow up a white balloon and start bouncing it around the hall like at ball games.

**********​
**********​
**********​
**********​
:itsok:

It appears that the Maoist DSA Dems have already accepted any lie Joey Xi is prepared to make during the SOTU. Joey began preparing to shear his sheep during his speech last week with the balloon and employment lies. Tonight, he leads them to the shearing barn.

We have the best economy in the world and better than the one Trump ran into the ground.

GOP will complain about a great economy because their followers are stupid and will believe whatever they say.

~Snip~
~Snip~

Commentary:

**********​
**********​
**********​
**********​
It's amazing how polls show that over 70% of Americans think the country is headed in the wrong direction, even 55% of the president's own party don't want him to run again, people can't afford groceries, gas, or their rents anymore, and yet Biden and the left tell us how great things are going.

Forum List

Back