Biden VP

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2016, that was true, and it will be in 2020.

But in the past that wasn't always true.

And it probably likely in the future as Ivanka, a Jewish broad, is one of the 2024 frontrunners.

Republicans have only run one candidate for President or VP who was not white, Protestant and male.

Dems have run nine
Well, you are the Party of identity politics, so it is important to try to have the right skin color and ethnicity to run.

We are a big tent party...open to all

Republicans are white, male and Protestant
Both Parties are open to all, but Republicans choose their candidates on merit while Democrats are more interested in race and ethnicity.
Very true

And Republicans only consider white, male Protestants to have merit.
No others need apply.
Not true. Both Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice topped the polls of Republican voters but both decided not to run. You see, Republicans respect merit regardless of race, but Democrats nominated a nobody who had nothing in 2008 because he was black.

Republicans have only run one candidate for President or VP who was not white, Protestant and male.

Dems have run nine
Well, you are the Party of identity politics, so it is important to try to have the right skin color and ethnicity to run.

Both Parties are open to all, but Republicans choose their candidates on merit while Democrats are more interested in race and ethnicity.
Very true

No others need apply.
Not true. Both Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice topped the polls of Republican voters but both decided not to run. You see, Republicans respect merit regardless of race, but Democrats nominated a nobody who had nothing in 2008 because he was black.

Sooooooooooo you're saying Republicans nominated a nobody who had nothing in 2016 because he was orange?

Nothing wrong with a balanced ticket

Republicans only run white, Christian males

And it probably likely in the future as Ivanka, a Jewish broad, is one of the 2024 frontrunners.

Dems have run nine

You are incorrect.

Besides Mrs. Palin, you have Mitt Romney whose dad was born in Mexico and McCain who was Panamanian.

Calling a Mormon like Romney a "Protestant" isn't accurate, nor would be calling a Unitarian like Taft a "Protestant".

And of course, the GOP nominated and elected the first Indian ever for the Vice Presidency, Charles Curtis of Kansas.
McCain was not a Panamanian he was a Navy brat

Romney was a Mormon who is non Protestant.

You do know that McCain was born in Panama, that's just a fact.
And Obama was born in Kenya

So what?

Dems have run nine

Very true

No others need apply.
Didn’t see either one nominated
Did you?

Dems have run nine

You are incorrect.

Besides Mrs. Palin, you have Mitt Romney whose dad was born in Mexico and McCain who was Panamanian.

Calling a Mormon like Romney a "Protestant" isn't accurate, nor would be calling a Unitarian like Taft a "Protestant".

And of course, the GOP nominated and elected the first Indian ever for the Vice Presidency, Charles Curtis of Kansas.

So what?

My point was that the choice of McCain showed Diversity due to the fact he was a native of Panama.

OTOH, Obama was born in Hawaii of a Honky mother and no father was ever established by reliable DNA tests like which are preformed on the Maury Povich program. He is only assumed to be "African American" , his dad could have easily been a Honky too.

Very true

No others need apply.

Sooooooooooo you're saying Republicans nominated a nobody who had nothing in 2016 because he was orange?
So English is not your first language?

Biden needs two things in a Vice President
Someone who can deliver swing states
Given Biden would only serve one term and is quite old, someone who can step in as President.

The Biden veepstakes

1. Liz Warren: Name recognition, solidifies liberal wing
2. Amy Klobuchar: Can deliver key Midwest votes
3. Kamala Harris: Impressive speaker, black vote
4. Corey Booker: Articulate and passionate, black vote
5. Stacey Abrams: Georgia, black vote
6. Gov Lujan Grisham of New Mexico: little known, Hispanic vote
Not one that you mentioned would be a suitable president. That's what the DNC will be looking at since Joe will not last very long. He will either die or have to be removed via 25th Amendment. One that a knowledgeable VP will wholeheartedly support. Hillary or Cuomo. Of course, Hillary might lose them the vote completely.

Very true

No others need apply.
Didn’t see either one nominated
Did you?
They chose not to run, but no Democrat had ever elevated an African American to such a high post as Secretary of State, and if not for Bush making them both Secretaries of State the country would not have been prepared to elect a black president.

Very true

No others need apply.

So English is not your first language?

It WAS, yes. Why? Need a teacher?

Biden needs two things in a Vice President
Someone who can deliver swing states
Given Biden would only serve one term and is quite old, someone who can step in as President.

The Biden veepstakes

1. Liz Warren: Name recognition, solidifies liberal wing
2. Amy Klobuchar: Can deliver key Midwest votes
3. Kamala Harris: Impressive speaker, black vote
4. Corey Booker: Articulate and passionate, black vote
5. Stacey Abrams: Georgia, black vote
6. Gov Lujan Grisham of New Mexico: little known, Hispanic vote
Since the Democratic Party is the party of identity politics, just as Obama balanced his ticket by choosing an old white man with a history of middle class racism, to balance his ticket, Biden will need a black, hispanic, homosexual Islamic woman. Omar probably swings both ways so if she can speak Spanish, she might get the job.
Nothing wrong with a balanced ticket

Republicans only run white, Christian males
And the Democrats have a Catholic and an anti semitic Jew running for the nomination, but both old white men.
Republicans have never had a Catholic or a Jew on the ticket.

Paul Ryan is Catholic.

Dems have run nine

You are incorrect.

So what?

My point was that the choice of McCain showed Diversity due to the fact he was a native of Panama.

OTOH, Obama was born in Hawaii of a Honky mother and no father was ever established by reliable DNA tests like which are preformed on the Maury Povich program. He is only assumed to be "African American" , his dad could have easily been a Honky too.
Obama was born in Kenya
You don’t get more diverse than that

Trump? He was born in Jamaica

Are you saying that if I or my husband were to go to a doctor to have a procedure done that I then wouldn’t have to pay the remainder of the bill after insurance? Millions of middle class people like me certainly would have bills from any medical procedure done after co pays and insurance and such. I know that anybody can go into an ER and receive care and if you are legitimately poor or homeless or what have you that arrangements could potentially be made but for millions of working middle class people, even those with private insurance, will have to pay small to large medical bills depending on the service and many of those middle class people do in fact put off medical issues because of that expected cost. You have to know that, right?
Millions of working people have to make decisions. Pay the rent or get that medical procedure you have been putting off? Should you buy food or take a half dose of your medication to make it last? Dental care? Can’t afford it.

Other countries look at us in shock

the dem parrot speaks. geez winger, do you enjoy being the laughing stock of USMB?
You failed to address my post

How are working Americans supposed to cover catastrophic medical expenses. And no, a magic genie does not step in and pay them.

I would even go a little simpler actually. Take a fairly basic injury. So for example if I were to go for a trail run and I step in a hole and sprain my ankle really badly (I actually did this to myself last year). It hurts badly, it’s swollen, you thought you heard a pop, but you don’t know if it’s just sprained or possibly fractured in some way. There are millions of people that would tell themselves to stay home and rest it and give it a few days because going to the ER means an expensive bill for something that could easily just be a sprain. In this case I chose to stay home and after a day or two it was feeling better, but it could have very well been broken and I would have had no choice but to suck it up and go to the ER or my primary care physician and most likely would have cost a few hundred dollars, possibly more, for the visit and x ray even with insurance. Most middle class Americans that go to the ER or to a doctor aren’t skipping out on the bill or relying on charity. They are trying to think of ways to afford to pay the bill on top of everting else.

Another example would be a normal middle class family that has their small child fall and break an arm. They have to bring the kid to the ER and they will have to get the child’s arm fixed. It’s a necessary medical need that when all is said and done will probably cost them over a thousand dollars even with insurance. In this case no parent will keep their kid home with a broken arm and so you know they expect to go to the doctor and spent the money, but how many middle class families will then have to look at their overall budget and make significant changes or possibly borrow some money in order to pay the bill for their kid AND continue to pay other bills and expenses as normal? I’m not saying it should be “free” but we shouldn’t have to have that kind of worry in my personal opinion. Affordable healthcare shouldn’t mean relying on charity or a payment plan or years to come in my opinion.
Most modern nations are aghast at the idea that a family could go bankrupt because of a medical issue or have to make trade offs of medical care or basic life necessities.

If you are sick or injured....it is taken care of.

US families are not going broke because of unpaid medical bills. That is a lie. If you are sick or injured in the USA you are taken care of, even if you are not a citizen or are here illegally. Do you think all the anchor babies are paid for by the mothers?

Millions of working people have to make decisions. Pay the rent or get that medical procedure you have been putting off? Should you buy food or take a half dose of your medication to make it last? Dental care? Can’t afford it.

Ther countries look at us with envy, as they wait weeks or months for an MRI we get the same day.
More conservative mythology.

They wait for non emergency, elective procedures.
Procedures Americans pay through the nose for. At the end of that MRI, they have no bill.....Americans pay thousands for simple procedures

Not true, everything you said on this topic is a lie.

give us the entire airport quote, in context, with no words left out.

At an Independence Day celebration in Washington, the president began speaking about the bravery of Revolutionary War troops and then seems to have shifted to the War of 1812, with some erroneous additions.

In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified army out of the revolutionary forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, Commander-in-Chief.

The Continental Army suffered the bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware, and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

Our Army manned the air (inaudible), it rammed the ramparts. It took over the airports. It did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their Star Spangled Banner waved defiant. (A
pplause.)

I suspect that "manned the air' meant fired rockets and cannons. "airports" was probably a misspeak for ramparts.

Nice try, but nothing even close to senile old joe and his declining brain.

Ramparts was ALREADY UTTERED three words prior. They "rammed the ramparts".

Juvenile as it sounds you CAN ram the ramparts. You can't really "take them over". And you CANNOT take over airports more than a century before FLIGHT is invented.

But just for the moment let's stipulate that he did misspeak "airports" when he meant "ramparts" ---- WHEN did he ever admit to misspeaking? Not just about this --- about ANYTHING?

Of course if you "CAN" transport your own father's birthplace five thousand miles away on an entirely different continent, and then repeat it over and over, in that case words have no meaning. And if words have no meaning, shut the fuck up. Not only shut the fuck up but FUCK NO you can't have that job.

And we're back to the 25th Amendment, Bob's your uncle, cue fat lady, music swells, roll credits, fade to black aaaand SCENE.

poor little hopstick. His Trump-hate has destroyed his few working brain cells.

Now, lets create a 25th amendment scenario that could actually happen. Biden picks the Hilldebeast as his VP, on day 2 after he is sworn in, HRC and Schumer file a 25th amendment action with his cabinet and the senate to have him removed since he is obviously suffering from Alzheimers and dementia. HRC becomes president and picks crying Chuck as VP. The lib/dem fantasy utopia finally happens and the USA is over.

Nothing deludes like self delusion.

Just answer one question. Ready?

--- Where is the Bronx?

better question: does Biden know where he is today?

you are very wrong about all of that. Cost does not prevent people from getting treatment. Sick people in the USA are treated, if you don't have insurance then medicaid or medicare, or some charity will cover the costs.

the "people can't afford treatment" and " people go bankrupt because or medical bills" lies are coming from the same people that want YOU and ME to have a VA like medical system where the treatment is crappy and the waits are very long.

There is nothing wrong with American medical care today. The leftist claims are nothing but an attempt to nationalize 1/5 of our economy. Its about control, not medicine.

Are you saying that if I or my husband were to go to a doctor to have a procedure done that I then wouldn’t have to pay the remainder of the bill after insurance? Millions of middle class people like me certainly would have bills from any medical procedure done after co pays and insurance and such. I know that anybody can go into an ER and receive care and if you are legitimately poor or homeless or what have you that arrangements could potentially be made but for millions of working middle class people, even those with private insurance, will have to pay small to large medical bills depending on the service and many of those middle class people do in fact put off medical issues because of that expected cost. You have to know that, right?

the dem parrot speaks. geez winger, do you enjoy being the laughing stock of USMB?

How are working Americans supposed to cover catastrophic medical expenses. And no, a magic genie does not step in and pay them.

I would even go a little simpler actually. Take a fairly basic injury. So for example if I were to go for a trail run and I step in a hole and sprain my ankle really badly (I actually did this to myself last year). It hurts badly, it’s swollen, you thought you heard a pop, but you don’t know if it’s just sprained or possibly fractured in some way. There are millions of people that would tell themselves to stay home and rest it and give it a few days because going to the ER means an expensive bill for something that could easily just be a sprain. In this case I chose to stay home and after a day or two it was feeling better, but it could have very well been broken and I would have had no choice but to suck it up and go to the ER or my primary care physician and most likely would have cost a few hundred dollars, possibly more, for the visit and x ray even with insurance. Most middle class Americans that go to the ER or to a doctor aren’t skipping out on the bill or relying on charity. They are trying to think of ways to afford to pay the bill on top of everting else.

Another example would be a normal middle class family that has their small child fall and break an arm. They have to bring the kid to the ER and they will have to get the child’s arm fixed. It’s a necessary medical need that when all is said and done will probably cost them over a thousand dollars even with insurance. In this case no parent will keep their kid home with a broken arm and so you know they expect to go to the doctor and spent the money, but how many middle class families will then have to look at their overall budget and make significant changes or possibly borrow some money in order to pay the bill for their kid AND continue to pay other bills and expenses as normal? I’m not saying it should be “free” but we shouldn’t have to have that kind of worry in my personal opinion. Affordable healthcare shouldn’t mean relying on charity or a payment plan or years to come in my opinion.

sounds like you are uninsured, ever hear of medicaid?

In my personal opinion it’s not necessarily about access but costs. Thousands if not millions of Americans put off medical procedures and medical services due to the expected costs of the service or procedure and ultimately the potential debts they would endure because of it, even with insurance. You can have as much access as you want but access and affordability aren’t the same thing.

you are very wrong about all of that. Cost does not prevent people from getting treatment. Sick people in the USA are treated, if you don't have insurance then medicaid or medicare, or some charity will cover the costs.

the "people can't afford treatment" and " people go bankrupt because or medical bills" lies are coming from the same people that want YOU and ME to have a VA like medical system where the treatment is crappy and the waits are very long.

There is nothing wrong with American medical care today. The leftist claims are nothing but an attempt to nationalize 1/5 of our economy. Its about control, not medicine.

If they are uninsured-----------medicaid

If they are retired----------Medicare

If they are working------------either employer provided insurance or private insurance

It they are veterans--------------the new VA

If the are too lazy to work or apply for medicaid-----------tough shit.

give us the entire airport quote, in context, with no words left out.

At an Independence Day celebration in Washington, the president began speaking about the bravery of Revolutionary War troops and then seems to have shifted to the War of 1812, with some erroneous additions.

In June of 1775, the Continental Congress created a unified army out of the revolutionary forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, Commander-in-Chief.

The Continental Army suffered the bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware, and seized victory from Cornwallis of Yorktown.

Our Army manned the air (inaudible), it rammed the ramparts. It took over the airports. It did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory. And when dawn came, their Star Spangled Banner waved defiant. (A
pplause.)

I suspect that "manned the air' meant fired rockets and cannons. "airports" was probably a misspeak for ramparts.

Nice try, but nothing even close to senile old joe and his declining brain.

You are completely irony deficient.

Ok, so he sometimes misspeaks, who doesn't? Biden is senile and cannot even remember where he is or which woman is his wife. Its very sad that his doctor wife allows him to continue to make a fool of himself., she has to know that his brain is suffering from age related issues.

You really should see someone about that lack of irony...

Donald Trump mistakes Ivanka from Brighton for his daughter

so a tweet popped up from someone named Ivanka and he thought it might be his daughter. WOW, who would ever do something like that?

We are living it. There is nothing wrong with american healthcare that requires a government takeover or intervention. We have the best medical care in the world and NO ONE in the USA is being denied medical care, even those here illegally.
We have the best healthcare for those who can afford it

Millions can’t

Who can't afford medicaid? its free and available to everyone who is uninsured or has no money. So tell us who exactly are these millions who cannot afford something that is free.

We would like it to be free like other countries have. Medicaid is only for those who qualify as poor. Democrats have looked to expand Medicaid eligibility but Republicans have fought it.

FREE????? WTF are you talking about? Its not FREE anywhere. Look at the tax rates in countries where they have "free" medical care. Someone has to pay the doctors, hospitals,and drug companies, you fricken moron.

If you get hospitalized, you never receive a bill

Call it what you want

not always the case, in the UK you still get a bill AND you get to pay a much higher income tax than we do, same in Sweden and Denmark.

you don't know what you are talking about OR are blatantly lying again.

Ok, so he sometimes misspeaks, who doesn't? Biden is senile and cannot even remember where he is or which woman is his wife. Its very sad that his doctor wife allows him to continue to make a fool of himself., she has to know that his brain is suffering from age related issues.
Sometimes Trump misspeaks, other times he rambles off topic, other times he repeats himself twice, repeats twice....

Usually, he just lies and lies and lies

You just described Obama perfectly. and Biden if you add some nonsensical senility.

Give me an example and I will show you ten from Trump

not worth my time. you have been proven wrong many times by many posters. Your small mind is not capable to absorbing the truth, so I will not waste my time trying.

Translation: Redfish knows that any misspeak by Biden will result in 20 from Dementia Don...so he'll pussy out. :lol:

What a stupid comment, We should be aware of everything that every candidate does or says. Did you wonder about Hillary when she fell up stairs, fell into her plane, had a seisure at the convention?

I want every candidate to have a complete physical and mental evaluation by an unbiased medical facility and the results made public. Do you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back