Biden to double minimum wage

As I predicted, Biden is driving the final sword into the heart of small business. $15 an hour minimum wage, a new raft of government regulations and Covid requirements will guarantee that no one in their right mind will want to start a new small business. Thank you China, thank you Democrats.

Biden thinks a black family that has no interest in actually working should be given the same amount of money that a hard working white family earns....thus he will take the tax monies of hard working americans and make sure the blacks get equal pay.

As he said upfront....he will reward them for voting for him.
Let’s exchange the black family for a poor family and we will be talking about more yet similar families. Poor people are mostly treated the same, regardless of skin color, by the government.
Exactly. It is ridiculous to define every problem as a 'Black Thing' or a 'White Thing'.

How do you remedy a problem if you deny that it exists?
Define a problem and back track to the self-invoked behavior that made it a problem.
When one's top skill is serving a hamburger, how much should that person be paid?
Why is serving a hamburger one's top skill?
That seems like a most fair and logical way to assess the catalyst for a problem, and I'll stick with your example of flipping burgers.

Flipping burgers is a choice for many young and retired people needing to supplement their incomes and wanting a low-stress job. Many employed people looking for low-stress supplemental income might consider it for a second job. Many people who have a restaurant within walking distance, don't have anyone else to support, maybe with room mates who split the rent/bills, might decide it's worth it to them. For some, it might be the only job they could obtain. It depends upon one's priorities and where they are in life. There are many other reasons a person might choose to flip burgers, but less reasons to continue flipping burgers after a certain point as the pay is typically minimal. Short-term burger flipping can lead to other things if one is pursuing additional education or training.

Most good employees are recognized within these businesses, if they just do the right thing show up, show up on time, respectful demeanor, considered a good co-worker) and work up the ladder within that business. Others perform their duties displaying a miserable attitude, and choose to wear that attitude on their sleeve. They don't get promoted, attitude worsens, and the odds of being hired elsewhere is slim to none.

I am guessing you are referring to long-term burger flippers who cannot afford to live on their paychecks right? As mentioned above, it still depends on where they are in life, age-wise and goals (or lack of) to find other employment. Most people who claim to be "stuck" in a dead-end job still have options, but these options take effort and the drive to accomplish. Some people who check out other options and figure out it takes too much work or effort to do it will often say things like: "The system is rigged and I have no choice but to keep flipping burgers", or "I hate people. They all have it good while us peons work hard and get nothing" and in that way justify their own predicament. Pity parties can be legit unfortunately, but most are 100% self-made. Black, red, white, green, etc. we all have choices.
Most good employees are recognized within these businesses, if they just do the right thing show up, show up on time, respectful demeanor, considered a good co-worker) and work up the ladder within that business.

Have you met any of these people?
I have discussions with these people and they hate what they're doing and get paid crap.
I ask them about their school years and most give me a look that says, "Nobody told me to pay attention in school".

We have a pizza shop in town that hired a Black teenager who seemed a bit too sophisticated to be serving food.
The manager asked her what she wanted to do with her life and said she wanted to be an engineer.
He told her if she ever skipped a night of homework he would fire her.
She's now in college majoring in Engineering.
IN general, I place the responsibility on individual adults who live in the US to determine their own fate. Now, before you jump to any conclusions about that statement, please continue reading.

A homeless person who lives out of their car, and works a minimum wage job struggles to survive. It is tragic how some people live just like that or worse.

If you want to target a population of people who need help, target the neediest, not the minimum job workers. There are homeless people living under bridges without the mental capacity to hold a minimum wage job. Those who cannot help themselves need help. Note: To save you extra typing, I'm aware that many part-time jobs are held by homeless people; many homeless people even hold more than one minimum-wage job and they deserve a hand-up as well. Anyone who tries to improve themselves deserve a hand-up.

Millions of people have lived under severe life conditions who now own property, run their own business (legal at that) and donate to charity freely. How did they do it? What was it that brought them out of living in poverty? Were they just "special" somehow so nobody else can do it? The answer is almost always: setting a short-term plan, perseverance, determination, and leaving no stone uncovered. If that plan means cutting grass than cut 100 yards weekly. If you don't find that many, keep looking. If that means eating PB& J daily every single day do it. You see my point.

I've talked with people who have faced extremely difficult circumstances. I'm also a former listener of Dave Ramsey and believe that people who live in the US make their own beds, mostly. I am not including those born with physical or mental challenges.

Many people do not want to make the necessary sacrifices to "get ahead". Fact. Sometimes it's due to laziness and often due to mental or physical challenges. Even then...people can do the best they can IF they want it bad enough.

As I predicted, Biden is driving the final sword into the heart of small business. $15 an hour minimum wage, a new raft of government regulations and Covid requirements will guarantee that no one in their right mind will want to start a new small business. Thank you China, thank you Democrats.

Biden thinks a black family that has no interest in actually working should be given the same amount of money that a hard working white family earns....thus he will take the tax monies of hard working americans and make sure the blacks get equal pay.

Let’s exchange the black family for a poor family and we will be talking about more yet similar families. Poor people are mostly treated the same, regardless of skin color, by the government.
Exactly. It is ridiculous to define every problem as a 'Black Thing' or a 'White Thing'.

Define a problem and back track to the self-invoked behavior that made it a problem.
When one's top skill is serving a hamburger, how much should that person be paid?
That seems like a most fair and logical way to assess the catalyst for a problem, and I'll stick with your example of flipping burgers.

Flipping burgers is a choice for many young and retired people needing to supplement their incomes and wanting a low-stress job. Many employed people looking for low-stress supplemental income might consider it for a second job. Many people who have a restaurant within walking distance, don't have anyone else to support, maybe with room mates who split the rent/bills, might decide it's worth it to them. For some, it might be the only job they could obtain. It depends upon one's priorities and where they are in life. There are many other reasons a person might choose to flip burgers, but less reasons to continue flipping burgers after a certain point as the pay is typically minimal. Short-term burger flipping can lead to other things if one is pursuing additional education or training.

Most good employees are recognized within these businesses, if they just do the right thing show up, show up on time, respectful demeanor, considered a good co-worker) and work up the ladder within that business. Others perform their duties displaying a miserable attitude, and choose to wear that attitude on their sleeve. They don't get promoted, attitude worsens, and the odds of being hired elsewhere is slim to none.

I am guessing you are referring to long-term burger flippers who cannot afford to live on their paychecks right? As mentioned above, it still depends on where they are in life, age-wise and goals (or lack of) to find other employment. Most people who claim to be "stuck" in a dead-end job still have options, but these options take effort and the drive to accomplish. Some people who check out other options and figure out it takes too much work or effort to do it will often say things like: "The system is rigged and I have no choice but to keep flipping burgers", or "I hate people. They all have it good while us peons work hard and get nothing" and in that way justify their own predicament. Pity parties can be legit unfortunately, but most are 100% self-made. Black, red, white, green, etc. we all have choices.
Remember the movie "American Graffiti"? The discussion of burger flippers made me think of what burger joints were like in the 60s. Nearly all the workers were high school age just getting some work experience and making enough money to put gas in their car and go on dates. What the heck happened? Sixty years later we have people with families competing with school kids for low wage jobs. Is it the burger joints' responsibility to provide the family man (or woman) with a "living wage" so they can feed their family? :dunno:
The Unfettered Free Market is responsible for those with a higher education being Blue Collar workers.
Those who wasted their youth hanging out wound up performing menial labor.

Remember the movie "American Graffiti"? The discussion of burger flippers made me think of what burger joints were like in the 60s. Nearly all the workers were high school age just getting some work experience and making enough money to put gas in their car and go on dates. What the heck happened? Sixty years later we have people with families competing with school kids for low wage jobs. Is it the burger joints' responsibility to provide the family man (or woman) with a "living wage" so they can feed their family? :dunno:
This supports the theory that minimum wage was never meant to be a living wage. Agreed.

This supports the theory that minimum wage was never meant to be a living wage. Agreed. Meant to add: what happened to great movies like that: American Graffiti! I guess the days of when strictly kids flipped burgers went out about the same time. A shame.

There is a problem agreed and has been going on for centuries. The vastness between people economically is great. As I alluded to in my previous post, there is little to no difference to a government tax auditor regarding the color of one’s skin except to determine minority status for benefits perhaps; it does not matter. It’s about how many bucks you earn, how much you pay out, and what you contribute to society for deductions. This criteria is used to determine benefits or government aid. There are factions of our society that benefit from the continued beat about class race wars. They (variety of entities in power who want to make sure they retain power) certainly don’t want the poor to rise up against the rich now do they?

Once the current crop of race-baiters passes, presuming no one takes their place. :D Race will no longer be a factor. There is far too much money and especially power by constantly fanning the flames of racism and telling blacks they are victims and will never be equal as long as whites lie, cheat and steal.

Show me one of these "leaders" who have constantly told their constituents that they can accomplish anything, to get an education, to not get married until they have a decent job, and not to get pregnant until they were married? NEVER!

Failed former President Barack Hussein Obama, former First Lady Michelle Obama, Eric Holder, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Rev. Al Sharpton, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Father Pflager, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., King Samir Shabazz, Van Jones, Charlie Rangel, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, Al Green, Sheila Jackson Lee, Andre Carson, Shirley Sherrod, Keith Ellison, and the list goes on!

There is a problem agreed and has been going on for centuries. The vastness between people economically is great. As I alluded to in my previous post, there is little to no difference to a government tax auditor regarding the color of one’s skin except to determine minority status for benefits perhaps; it does not matter. It’s about how many bucks you earn, how much you pay out, and what you contribute to society for deductions. This criteria is used to determine benefits or government aid. There are factions of our society that benefit from the continued beat about class race wars. They (variety of entities in power who want to make sure they retain power) certainly don’t want the poor to rise up against the rich now do they?

Once the current crop of race-baiters passes, presuming no one takes their place. :D Race will no longer be a factor. There is far too much money and especially power by constantly fanning the flames of racism and telling blacks they are victims and will never be equal as long as whites lie, cheat and steal.

Show me one of these "leaders" who have constantly told their constituents that they can accomplish anything, to get an education, to not get married until they have a decent job, and not to get pregnant until they were married? NEVER!

Failed former President Barack Hussein Obama, former First Lady Michelle Obama, Eric Holder, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Rev. Al Sharpton, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Father Pflager, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., King Samir Shabazz, Van Jones, Charlie Rangel, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, Al Green, Sheila Jackson Lee, Andre Carson, Shirley Sherrod, Keith Ellison, and the list goes on!
Definitely Maxine Waters! That forever grandstanding windbag literally made me laugh every time I used to watch CSPAN airing some dispute- and I’m relatively a polite person lol

Forum List

Back