Biden to allow higher-ethanol fuel sales in summer to check gas prices

85 and 87 octane is cheaper than 85 blend alchy. That means that all 3 are available and MOST people will choose the 87 option like I do for normal day to day driving. It's cheaper at the pump than E85 and all but one of my cars is tuned to it. Meanwhile, I keep one tuned to E85 which gets a boost of power from it above 91/93 octane at the strip. No harm comes to that engine running E85. You want to run cheap parts, go ahead.

BTW, there are many Fords that run E85 as Flex Vehicles that automatically retune if you put in E85 fuel. Doesn't seem to bother them at all or change their fuel mileage at all.

And exactly how are they forcing you to press the E85 button instead of the 87 octane button? Do they find out when just you are going to fuel up and send out a special hit squad to force you? Is that just for Rumpsters? I'm jealous.

Wah Wah Wah.
Again, no one is physically going to step out from behind the curtain to say push that button, but the cable's that the operator is pulling on behind the scenes, otherwise that keeps the city of OZ doing exactly what it wants it too, can't be avoided when it dictates what you or me end up with in our pockets at the end of the day. Soon your ability to carry and use certain currency's will be no more, and if your ESG score is bad, then you will be forced to park your drag car, and you will be forced to push that button in which they will tell you too, so then what ??

Y'all best quit falling into their traps, because soon it's going to be too late for you to go back.. It'll be the worst "I told you so" that you can imagine.

Again, no one is physically going to step out from behind the curtain to say push that button, but the cable's that the operator is pulling on behind the scenes, otherwise that keeps the city of OZ doing exactly what it wants it too, can't be avoided when it dictates what you or me end up with in our pockets at the end of the day. Soon your ability to carry and use certain currency's will be no more, and if your ESG score is bad, then you will be forced to park your drag car, and you will be forced to push that button in which they will tell you too, so then what ??

Y'all best quit falling into their traps, because soon it's going to be too late for you to go back.. It'll be the worst "I told you so" that you can imagine.

What I hear from you is, "Fear, Hate, Fear, Hate". Nothing else. If you don't want to have to make that choice, open your own gas station where you only carry what you want to carry.

Okay, I run a Hemi with mods. That means that I have more than a 1 to one HP to CID already. I usually run on 87 octane due to cost but can easily go to 91 or 93. But if I do get serious and don't have deep pocket books, I will switch to E85 and have to do a serious retune. If I go to a 100 octane I would also do a serious retune but a different one.

When you start running high power outputs, you engine starts getting hot, real hot including the intake, heads, valves and cylinders. The cooler you can run them the more power you can force out of them. It is especially true on boosted engines of both supercharged and turbocharged engines. They have a tendency to have hot and cool spots during detonation in the combustion chambers. E85 limits those cold spots. and limits the hot spots in the other components. Yes, 100 and 110 octane can exceed the power of E85 but they use brute force to do it. You would better to run E85 than the higher octane ratings because the higher octane ratings would have extreme hot and cold differences and cost as hell of a lot more.

There are some serious motorheads that run E85 year round and have the tuning to do it. The big reason that they E85 has the bad rap is not because it's bad, it's because the oil companies want to you to believe it and they are quite affective. Yes, there might be as MPG difference or two but the power levels of a properly tuned E85 is actually slightly better than a 87 octane and it costs less. Today, most engines are high compression high HP to CID output so E85 works pretty well. But so does 87 octane. But when I put my foot in it, the E85 shows it stuff more and with either, the gas mileage goes out the window at that point. In the Hemi World, it's called "Putting a big smile on my face".
like you said, to run E85, you have to do a serious retune.
How does your car run on E85 with the normal tune? Like poop and more awful mileage than normal. I run a modified Wrangler and understand tunes. Not everyone has the ability, the means or the willingness to retune their vehicle every time the fuel blends change.
E85 is less efficient and produces less power in NON-retuned vehicles (which is almost every vehicle on the road)

That's because the Oil Companies already have the permits to do that. In fact, they have a gluttony of permits they aren't using already. Here in Colorado, we have oil wells capped off that have oil that could be producing with the turn of a crank. But you can't ship more oil than the refineries can handle. And you can't refine more oil than the storage facilities and the transports can handle. The truth to the matter is, the oil companies are all making record profits even by selling less gas products. Why would they be producing more when they would be cutting their own throats?

And why would the Admin be issuing more permits into sensitive areas when the ones already issued are not being used?
Besides the administration cancelling the majority of those leases?
Lets see -
January 27, 2021 Biden Administration halts all new oil and gas leases
May 7, 2021 Biden Administration removes 30% of Federal lands off limits to gas and oil
June 1, 2021 Biden Administration halts all drilling in ANWAR (the land President Carter put aside specifically for oil drilling)
June 30, 2021 Congress reverses Trump era NG regulations (making it harder and more expensive to produce NG)
October 7, 2021 Biden Administration Reverses Trump era NEPA regulations (making it harder and more expensive to produce NG and oil)
October 29, 2021 Dept. of the Interior begins including "Social Cost and Impact of Carbon" in its permit approval process.
November 15, 2021 Moratorium on oil drilling in Chaco Canyon (nice way of saying they're stopping oil production for no other reason than they want to)
March 21, 2022 SEC starts anti-oil rule (look it up)
May 12, 2022 Biden cancels remaining lease sales

While a few leases remain active, they still do not mean that oil is there waiting to be pumped out the ground.
The oil companies have to get the land lease not knowing if there is oil there.
They then need a permit to do explorations for oil, permits are being slow walked through.
Then, IF there is oil, they have to apply for a permit to do a feasibility survey, to see how much is there and if it is worth it...cost vs whats there.
Then there has to be environmental impact studies done. Its estimated to be a 2 to 3 year process during the best of situations, this admin is not the best of situations.

like you said, to run E85, you have to do a serious retune.
How does your car run on E85 with the normal tune? Like poop and more awful mileage than normal. I run a modified Wrangler and understand tunes. Not everyone has the ability, the means or the willingness to retune their vehicle every time the fuel blends change.
E85 is less efficient and produces less power in NON-retuned vehicles (which is almost every vehicle on the road)

It has more to do with compression ratio. The lower compression ratio cars (7.5 to 8.5 to 1) shouldn't run it. To unlock the extra oxygen that E85 contains needs either a high compression ratio or boost of some kind like Turbo or Super. Turbo and Super increase the compression ratio. I run 10.5 to 1 and could run e85 year round but truthfully, with stock tuning, there isn't much of a difference between the performance of 87 octane and E85 except 87 gets better fuel mileage. That is, until I slap the tuner in and then the E85 gets the power and I can use less throttle on E85 than 87 octane. And when I need more power, the E85 is king.

But if I were to use 100 or 110 octane I could get the same performance out of them as the E85 but at almost 10 bucks a gallon or more (they come in 1 gallon containers) I will stick with E85 when I need power. One of the old tricks was to mix Sunnoco 100 (leaded) with Avgas 140. Now, try that on most engines and you get to shake hands with the heads. All of a sudden the Alchy mix is better. But that's for motorheads.

Now, since we are talking about Dodge/Jeeps, the Hemis are not tuned for flex fuel. If you run E85 in the Hemi, you are going to get a lean error code. The O2 sensors can't adjust that far. But the 6 cyls can and are rated at flex (either or) whether it states it or not.

Fords are all Flex Fuel. That only means that the sensors are wide enough to adjust to the leaner e85 fuel.

I don't know about GM.

Running E85 will NOT damage your engine anymore than 85 octane will. What it will do is clean your tank, fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel line pretty good. If you allow them to go completely empty, they can rust but modern cars keeps a bit of pressure on them at all times so no harm can be done.

Besides the administration cancelling the majority of those leases?

Stop lying. The leases already released are honored.

Lets see -
January 27, 2021 Biden Administration halts all new oil and gas leases
May 7, 2021 Biden Administration removes 30% of Federal lands off limits to gas and oil
June 1, 2021 Biden Administration halts all drilling in ANWAR (the land President Carter put aside specifically for oil drilling)
June 30, 2021 Congress reverses Trump era NG regulations (making it harder and more expensive to produce NG)
October 7, 2021 Biden Administration Reverses Trump era NEPA regulations (making it harder and more expensive to produce NG and oil)
October 29, 2021 Dept. of the Interior begins including "Social Cost and Impact of Carbon" in its permit approval process.
November 15, 2021 Moratorium on oil drilling in Chaco Canyon (nice way of saying they're stopping oil production for no other reason than they want to)
March 21, 2022 SEC starts anti-oil rule (look it up)
In this section you are correct. Just your motives are haywire.

May 12, 2022 Biden cancels remaining lease sales

Stop lying.

While a few leases remain active, they still do not mean that oil is there waiting to be pumped out the ground.

Wait, you said all of these were cancelled. you really need to get your lie straight.

The oil companies have to get the land lease not knowing if there is oil there.
They then need a permit to do explorations for oil, permits are being slow walked through.
Then, IF there is oil, they have to apply for a permit to do a feasibility survey, to see how much is there and if it is worth it...cost vs whats there.
Then there has to be environmental impact studies done. Its estimated to be a 2 to 3 year process during the best of situations, this admin is not the best of situations.

You can stop lying now.l

It has more to do with compression ratio. The lower compression ratio cars (7.5 to 8.5 to 1) shouldn't run it. To unlock the extra oxygen that E85 contains needs either a high compression ratio or boost of some kind like Turbo or Super. Turbo and Super increase the compression ratio. I run 10.5 to 1 and could run e85 year round but truthfully, with stock tuning, there isn't much of a difference between the performance of 87 octane and E85 except 87 gets better fuel mileage. That is, until I slap the tuner in and then the E85 gets the power and I can use less throttle on E85 than 87 octane. And when I need more power, the E85 is king.

But if I were to use 100 or 110 octane I could get the same performance out of them as the E85 but at almost 10 bucks a gallon or more (they come in 1 gallon containers) I will stick with E85 when I need power. One of the old tricks was to mix Sunnoco 100 (leaded) with Avgas 140. Now, try that on most engines and you get to shake hands with the heads. All of a sudden the Alchy mix is better. But that's for motorheads.

Now, since we are talking about Dodge/Jeeps, the Hemis are not tuned for flex fuel. If you run E85 in the Hemi, you are going to get a lean error code. The O2 sensors can't adjust that far. But the 6 cyls can and are rated at flex (either or) whether it states it or not.

Fords are all Flex Fuel. That only means that the sensors are wide enough to adjust to the leaner e85 fuel.

I don't know about GM.

Running E85 will NOT damage your engine anymore than 85 octane will. What it will do is clean your tank, fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel line pretty good. If you allow them to go completely empty, they can rust but modern cars keeps a bit of pressure on them at all times so no harm can be done.
Imnukingfutz is spot on when he speaks of the masses, and what they depend on in their world's... You on the other hand care only about you, and you boast of your knowledge that would allow you to escape a lot of what the masses won't, otherwise if stupidity is allowed to win the day. Your arrogance could be what's allowed stupidity to win the day, and you should hang your head in shame.

Imnukingfutz is spot on when he speaks of the masses, and what they depend on in their world's... You on the other hand care only about you, and you boast of your knowledge that would allow you to escape a lot of what the masses won't, otherwise if stupidity is allowed to win the day. Your arrogance could be what's allowed stupidity to win the day, and you should hang your head in shame.

What you are saying is, I am not supposed to think for myself. I am supposed to think the way you say I should. Sounds about right. And if I don't then at some point you will threaten a Civil War or something along those lines. And that is more the reason to stay on the other side where I am free to think the way I wish to think regardless of what that is.

What you are saying is, I am not supposed to think for myself. I am supposed to think the way you say I should. Sounds about right. And if I don't then at some point you will threaten a Civil War or something along those lines. And that is more the reason to stay on the other side where I am free to think the way I wish to think regardless of what that is.
Quit trying to figure out what I'm saying, because it appears that you are lost big time.. lol

Your emotional bull crap diatribe is laughable. Leftist speak is always so typical, because it's always trying to put word's into someone's mouth in order to fight with the fictional characters they create.

Quit trying to figure out what I'm saying, because it appears that you are lost big time.. lol

Your emotional bull crap diatribe is laughable. Leftist speak is always so typical, because it's always trying to put word's into someone's mouth in order to fight with the fictional characters they create.

Then I suggest you start making sense.

Stop lying. The leases already released are honored.

In this section you are correct. Just your motives are haywire.

Stop lying.

Wait, you said all of these were cancelled. you really need to get your lie straight.

You can stop lying now.l
They're all verifiable facts. Sorry you cant handle facts. Not my fault, not my problem.

Verified by whom or what, by Pawxsnews or QAnon? How about the Confederate Daughters? Or the KKK.
When in doubt or confused, just play or throw the damned race card... Soon that card will be null and void, and the account will be overcharged and badly void of currency (BLM got it all), now what cha gonna do ? lol

When in doubt or confused, just play or throw the damned race card... Soon that card will be null and void, and the account will be overcharged and badly void of currency (BLM got it all), now what cha gonna do ? lol

You see race in every response you make. I just point out that the origin of your "Facts" are more than a little questionable.

You see race in every response you make. I just point out that the origin of your "Facts" are more than a little questionable.
Oh so you pulled the race card, and I'm the one that noticed it, so that's my bad eh ? ROTFLMBO..

Oh so you pulled the race card, and I'm the one that noticed it, so that's my bad eh ? ROTFLMBO..

Do you mean if you use Pawssnews as a cite then they are using the race card? If you use QAnon they too are using the race card. You brought up the race card. I've pretty much had the race card bred out of me. You see, I owe my life to a few of the ones you look down on and a few of them owe their lives to me. We didn't start out as equals but we ended up that way when the first rounds began to fly. But you bigots will never understand that. So you go ahead and play your race baiting but in the end I know who and what you are.

Do you mean if you use Pawssnews as a cite then they are using the race card? If you use QAnon they too are using the race card. You brought up the race card. I've pretty much had the race card bred out of me. You see, I owe my life to a few of the ones you look down on and a few of them owe their lives to me. We didn't start out as equals but we ended up that way when the first rounds began to fly. But you bigots will never understand that. So you go ahead and play your race baiting but in the end I know who and what you are.
A race baiter racist attempting to flip the playbook, Biden is that you ??? LOL.

Forum List

Back