Biden to allow higher-ethanol fuel sales in summer to check gas prices

ETOH is shit for engines, difficult to transport, and wastes farmland space better suited for food production.
Also promotes Ozone emissions in the cities.

EPA

Health Effects of Ozone Pollution

Ozone in the air we breathe can harm our health, especially on hot sunny days when ozone can reach unhealthy levels. Even relatively low levels of ozone can cause health effects.

You mean pointing out how full of shit you are when you claimed Colorado had shut down it's coal fired plants and was getting the bulk of it's electricity from "green" sources? Pointing out that there are still FOUR coal burning plants on the Western Slope of Colorado after you claimed there were zero? You're a blowhard, Vrenn. You don't have a clue what you're talking about and when you get challenged on your "facts" you get all pissy and start declaring you're above debate! Why don't you do the board a favor and get educated on topics like this before you waste our time with your drivel!

You still haven't given the location of those 4 western slope coal fired electric power plants. Standard Rumpster method of arguing.

Unlike you, Vrenn...I don't talk about things I know nothing about.

Really now.

Cameo Power Station shut down in 2010. https://www.coloradonuclearatlas.org/site/former-cameo-power-plant/mill-tailings Many go there to use the outdoor shooting ranges. They have cleaned the whole place up and there is no hint of any coal fired plants anymore.

Nucla Power Station is to be retired by Dec 2022 but the coal to run it was shut down in 2019 which effectively shuts it down. When you retire a Coal Fired Power Plant that means that the clean up has been completed. The Shutdown date is when it no longer produces power. The last time I was in Nucla (just up the road from here same county) there were a lot of construction going on to get rid of all hint that there ever was any coal powered factory there.

That leaves the two in Craig which are being operated at 18% capacity until 2025 which then are to be completely shutdown. And it will be completely retired (cleaned up) by 2028. There is talk about shutting them completely down at the end of this year and going for clean up. There really isn't any reason to have them in operation anymore.

Really now.

Cameo Power Station shut down in 2010. https://www.coloradonuclearatlas.org/site/former-cameo-power-plant/mill-tailings Many go there to use the outdoor shooting ranges. They have cleaned the whole place up and there is no hint of any coal fired plants anymore.

Nucla Power Station is to be retired by Dec 2022 but the coal to run it was shut down in 2019 which effectively shuts it down. When you retire a Coal Fired Power Plant that means that the clean up has been completed. The Shutdown date is when it no longer produces power. The last time I was in Nucla (just up the road from here same county) there were a lot of construction going on to get rid of all hint that there ever was any coal powered factory there.

That leaves the two in Craig which are being operated at 18% capacity until 2025 which then are to be completely shutdown. And it will be completely retired (cleaned up) by 2028. There is talk about shutting them completely down at the end of this year and going for clean up. There really isn't any reason to have them in operation anymore.
So the plants you claimed didn't exist actually do? Gee what a shock!

Bullshit! Anyone that knows anything about engines knows that ethanol damages them. Why do you think boaters shell out more money for fuel that doesn't have ethanol in it?

Shoddy parts, ignorant owners, and bad information.

Ethanol is terrible on things like gaskets, Vrenn...it's why boaters don't run it in their engines. The more ethanol you put into gas...the more damage it's going to do to your engine.

Bullshit.

Shoddy parts, ignorant owners, and bad information.

Bullshit.

I have oldstipper on ignore but it's funny, us Drag Racers rate fuels in this order from good to bad.

85 octane
87 octane
91 octane
93 octane
85 blend

When we rate prices, we rate them

85 octane
87 octane
85 blend
91 octane
93 octane

For those that want to use 100 and up, it's not sold at the pumps. It's sold at the speed shops by the gallon containers and costs a bundle. All of a sudden, 85 blend doesn't sound too bad afterall. So when we look for an engine to run for our every day driving, we look for one that can handle the 85 blend. And then tune it for 87 for cost of operation. But most of the drag racers do run either 85 blend or 91/93 octane.

I have oldstipper on ignore but it's funny, us Drag Racers rate fuels in this order from good to bad.

85 octane
87 octane
91 octane
93 octane
85 blend

When we rate prices, we rate them

85 octane
87 octane
85 blend
91 octane
93 octane

For those that want to use 100 and up, it's not sold at the pumps. It's sold at the speed shops by the gallon containers and costs a bundle. All of a sudden, 85 blend doesn't sound too bad afterall. So when we look for an engine to run for our every day driving, we look for one that can handle the 85 blend. And then tune it for 87 for cost of operation. But most of the drag racers do run either 85 blend or 91/93 octane.
Are you attempting to make some sort of POINT?

I am just pointing out that you are attempting to use something that you don't know squat about because some Executive told you it was true in order to sell more oil products at higher prices. Forget about whether Biden supports it or not. And it's being offered at the pumps as an option where it's YOU that gets the option to buy it or not over another product. You don't have to press the button. So it's you that are trying to remove my option to buy it or not. Sounds to me like your Authoritian way of life is trying to run mine. Well, Benito, that ship has sailed.
Option to buy or not is bull crap. Your knucklehead in chief along with his minion's decided that they would make the options unaffordable therefore taking away the options to choose one or another. You see, this is how you Democrat's operate, where as you try to speak about things in a dishonest way, but the people are on to the bull crap by now, so good luck trying to keep your party in power into the future.

Then I suggest you fire your engine builder. Or buy better gaskets. Just like Unleaded burns up valve stems. Buy Sodium filled Valve Stem Valves. 10 and 15% isn't enough to harm a damned thing. Now go for what the Alchy Boys do in the Alcohol Drags of 50% or better and then I would believe you. They go through gaskets (mainly head gaskets and every other top end gasket) about every other run unless they change them out which they do. But E85 doesn't have enough juice in it to eat gaskets unless that gasket was going to go anyway. You are listening to the Oil Companies crying in their beer again. Oh, that's right, that's alcohol, isn't it.
The problem of e-85 drawing moisture into the system, and corroding gas hose line's, and gumming up fuel systems is a very damaging thing, so go blow that smoke somewhere else. I'm a mechanic and an old race car builder just so you know, and I know these things due to the results I've run into with these product's.

Small engine's are hit the worst, but cars and trucks suffer as well if not maintained correctly or sit to long between usage. Looking out for the masses is what government is supposed to do, and it is not supposed to be picking winner's and loser's based upon leftist agenda's that are unproven for the long term when it comes to what the average citizen can afford or maintain without it being highly complicated. That's what is called looking out for the general welfare of the people in which the government has seemingly abandoned for political reasons.

You claimed 4. There are only 2 and they are operating at 18% capacity and soon to be shut down.
You best hope that all this shutting down doesn't come back to haunt this Nation big time, where as the process of changing from certain methods of production to other's should be slow and very methodical (phased in), because our national security, and our citizen security in retaining viable resources to be productive at sustaining strong foundational families and their well being is all tied to this stuff big time.

Option to buy or not is bull crap. Your knucklehead in chief along with his minion's decided that they would make the options unaffordable therefore taking away the options to choose one or another. You see, this is how you Democrat's operate, where as you try to speak about things in a dishonest way, but the people are on to the bull crap by now, so good luck trying to keep your party in power into the future.

I guess Biden or his Minions will be waiting for you to gas up and hold your head below the gas pump forcing you to press the 85 button. Wow, what a fear you have going there. I'll still be pushing the 87 one because it works just fine for day to day operation and is cheaper. But you will have to fend off those nasty Biden Nasties that will be forcing you to push the 85 button. It must really suck to be you.

You best hope that all this shutting down doesn't come back to haunt this Nation big time, where as the process of changing from certain methods of production to other's should be slow and very methodical (phased in), because our national security, and our citizen security in retaining viable resources to be productive at sustaining strong foundational families and their well being is all tied to this stuff big time.

I see the changing of the 85 blend part of the year just like I see the changing of the clocks. I really don't see a point here. Offer it year round and let ME make the determination if I want to buy it or not. Simple as that. And I wished the hate baters and scare tactics would just STFU like they are going to force me one way or another.

I guess Biden or his Minions will be waiting for you to gas up and hold your head below the gas pump forcing you to press the 85 button. Wow, what a fear you have going there. I'll still be pushing the 87 one because it works just fine for day to day operation and is cheaper. But you will have to fend off those nasty Biden Nasties that will be forcing you to push the 85 button. It must really suck to be you.
Not literally forcing ones hand to push a button, but rather forcing it through pricing that eliminate the option therefore it forcing citizen's to comply with the more cheaper product even at the expense of damaging or shortening the life of one's vehicle all because of.
I see the changing of the 85 blend part of the year just like I see the changing of the clocks. I really don't see a point here. Offer it year round and let ME make the determination if I want to buy it or not. Simple as that. And I wished the hate baters and scare tactics would just STFU like they are going to force me one way or another.
Well no one is forcing or is going to force you into doing anything you don't want, but it would be nice if the Democrat's were thinking the same way on the issue's. Sadly they aren't, and instead they are doubling down on isolating and making large section's of this country into their sworn enemies.

The people are supposed to decide the issue's that are to be represented in Washington, but the Democrat's are attempting to rule as dictator's because they are so unpopular that it's truly pathetic.

No one has a problem with modernization or change, but what the Democrat's have been doing is almost if not actually criminal in a lot of ways.

Not literally forcing ones hand to push a button, but rather forcing it through pricing that eliminate the option therefore it forcing citizen's to comply with the more cheaper product even at the expense of damaging or shortening the life of one's vehicle all because of.

85 and 87 octane is cheaper than 85 blend alchy. That means that all 3 are available and MOST people will choose the 87 option like I do for normal day to day driving. It's cheaper at the pump than E85 and all but one of my cars is tuned to it. Meanwhile, I keep one tuned to E85 which gets a boost of power from it above 91/93 octane at the strip. No harm comes to that engine running E85. You want to run cheap parts, go ahead.

BTW, there are many Fords that run E85 as Flex Vehicles that automatically retune if you put in E85 fuel. Doesn't seem to bother them at all or change their fuel mileage at all.

Well no one is forcing or is going to force you into doing anything you don't want, but it would be nice if the Democrat's were thinking the same way on the issue's. Sadly they aren't, and instead they are doubling down on isolating and making large section's of this country into their sworn enemies.

And exactly how are they forcing you to press the E85 button instead of the 87 octane button? Do they find out when just you are going to fuel up and send out a special hit squad to force you? Is that just for Rumpsters? I'm jealous.

The people are supposed to decide the issue's that are to be represented in Washington, but the Democrat's are attempting to rule as dictator's because they are so unpopular that it's truly pathetic.

No one has a problem with modernization or change, but what the Democrat's have been doing is almost if not actually criminal in a lot of ways.

Wah Wah Wah.

Forum List

Back