Biden to allow higher-ethanol fuel sales in summer to check gas prices

I am just pointing out that you are attempting to use something that you don't know squat about because some Executive told you it was true in order to sell more oil products at higher prices. Forget about whether Biden supports it or not. And it's being offered at the pumps as an option where it's YOU that gets the option to buy it or not over another product. You don't have to press the button. So it's you that are trying to remove my option to buy it or not. Sounds to me like your Authoritian way of life is trying to run mine. Well, Benito, that ship has sailed.
Biden is pushing it because he knows he's FUBARED things so badly he's desperate for anything to bring down the price of gasoline! Most people don't have a clue about the downside of ethanol and won't until the engine on their vehicle suddenly needs expensive repairs.

Ethanol is terrible on things like gaskets, Vrenn...it's why boaters don't run it in their engines. The more ethanol you put into gas...the more damage it's going to do to your engine.

Then I suggest you fire your engine builder. Or buy better gaskets. Just like Unleaded burns up valve stems. Buy Sodium filled Valve Stem Valves. 10 and 15% isn't enough to harm a damned thing. Now go for what the Alchy Boys do in the Alcohol Drags of 50% or better and then I would believe you. They go through gaskets (mainly head gaskets and every other top end gasket) about every other run unless they change them out which they do. But E85 doesn't have enough juice in it to eat gaskets unless that gasket was going to go anyway. You are listening to the Oil Companies crying in their beer again. Oh, that's right, that's alcohol, isn't it.

Biden is pushing it because he knows he's FUBARED things so badly he's desperate for anything to bring down the price of gasoline! Most people don't have a clue about the downside of ethanol and won't until the engine on their vehicle suddenly needs expensive repairs.

Wah, Wah, Wah. It's all Bidens fault. Get the F over it.

Wah, Wah, Wah. It's all Bidens fault. Get the F over it.
It's Biden's policies, Vrenn. He backed the far left's Green Agenda from day one and deliberately increased the price of oil and natural gas. Get over it? The drooling idiot in the Oval Office is costing me and every other American THOUSANDS of dollars! I'm pissed about that. So are most people. See you in November. You liberals are about to reap what you have sown!

It's Biden's policies, Vrenn. He backed the far left's Green Agenda from day one and deliberately increased the price of oil and natural gas. Get over it? The drooling idiot in the Oval Office is costing me and every other American THOUSANDS of dollars! I'm pissed about that. So are most people. See you in November. You liberals are about to reap what you have sown!

I live in the mountains of Colorado. We got tired of the Black Snow that NYC put up with all the way into the 2000s. We stopped it in the 1970s. We gave up our coal fired furnaces, and factories and, yes it hurt. Today, we have almost 100% renewable energy from Hydroelectric, Wind and Solar. We shut down our last coal fired plant about 5 years ago. The employees stayed on to clean up the mess until now. Now, they are trying to figure out what to do with that work force. If you have a coal fired plant, not far from it you will have at least one mine. You shut down the plant you also shut down the mine which uses the bulk of the coal taken from the mines. That's a few thousand workers.

Does that affect the price of oil? Sure it does in the short term. Until new uses for coal and oil are found. For instance, we had a series of 10 mines shut down due to a severe reduction in coal exporting. It wiped out an entire town. People were destitute. One very rich couple came into town and fell in love with the place and converted those 10 mines into a fiber optic plant. Coal can be made in fiber optic as long as you don't have to transport the raw material very far. Everyone is back to work, they actually had to bring in more people and the wages are better than ever. They fully automated the mines and put the people to work in the manufacturing side making their health much better.

As for oil, we were sucking too hard on the Petro Titt. Electric Cars predates Gasoline cars but there was about a 100 year period where the electric car was just set aside and not advanced. It wasn't until the 1990s that the electric transportation was seriously looked at and began developing. It took Gasoline cars about 50 years to reach decent maturity once they became something other than an oddity. Start counting on the the Electric Car from 1990 and it's actually ahead of the Gas Powered Car on development. 2024 is going to be a fun year for everyone. Get ready for some staggering performance and a bunch of under 10K cars.

Now, we have to figure out how to pay for the roads and bridges to drive these new cars on. Care to work on that because you ain't going to stop it,

I live in the mountains of Colorado. We got tired of the Black Snow that NYC put up with all the way into the 2000s. We stopped it in the 1970s. We gave up our coal fired furnaces, and factories and, yes it hurt. Today, we have almost 100% renewable energy from Hydroelectric, Wind and Solar. We shut down our last coal fired plant about 5 years ago. The employees stayed on to clean up the mess until now. Now, they are trying to figure out what to do with that work force. If you have a coal fired plant, not far from it you will have at least one mine. You shut down the plant you also shut down the mine which uses the bulk of the coal taken from the mines. That's a few thousand workers.

Does that affect the price of oil? Sure it does in the short term. Until new uses for coal and oil are found. For instance, we had a series of 10 mines shut down due to a severe reduction in coal exporting. It wiped out an entire town. People were destitute. One very rich couple came into town and fell in love with the place and converted those 10 mines into a fiber optic plant. Coal can be made in fiber optic as long as you don't have to transport the raw material very far. Everyone is back to work, they actually had to bring in more people and the wages are better than ever. They fully automated the mines and put the people to work in the manufacturing side making their health much better.

As for oil, we were sucking too hard on the Petro Titt. Electric Cars predates Gasoline cars but there was about a 100 year period where the electric car was just set aside and not advanced. It wasn't until the 1990s that the electric transportation was seriously looked at and began developing. It took Gasoline cars about 50 years to reach decent maturity once they became something other than an oddity. Start counting on the the Electric Car from 1990 and it's actually ahead of the Gas Powered Car on development. 2024 is going to be a fun year for everyone. Get ready for some staggering performance and a bunch of under 10K cars.

Now, we have to figure out how to pay for the roads and bridges to drive these new cars on. Care to work on that because you ain't going to stop it,
You're so full of shit! 36% of the electricity in Colorado comes from coal...another 26% comes from natural gas. Do you just pull things out of your ass?

And New York gets "black snow" because it doesn't get snowfalls like Colorado. If snow sits around for awhile it gets dirty. Duh? I lived in Aspen for ten years. We had alternate days to burn wood fired stoves and fire places because of pollution levels in the valley. If we hadn't gotten snow practically every day...THAT snow would have started looking dirty as well!

You're so full of shit! 36% of the electricity in Colorado comes from coal...another 26% comes from natural gas. Do you just pull things out of your ass?

So you spent a half hour look for something that hints at what you think backs you up. Well, junior, half of Colorado is like Kansas while the other half is Rocky Mountain. We have two states in one. The Eastern Slope comprises more than half the population and uses MOST of the energy. But it produces almost none of the energy. We produced that energy and still do. The only difference is, how we produce it. Our water has turned clear, our snow has turned white and our air has turned pure. Meanwhile, the eastern slope is still fouling theirs up. And so are you.

And New York gets "black snow" because it doesn't get snowfalls like Colorado. If snow sits around for awhile it gets dirty. Duh? I lived in Aspen for ten years. We had alternate days to burn wood fired stoves and fire places because of pollution levels in the valley. If we hadn't gotten snow practically every day...THAT snow would have started looking dirty as well!

And if you burned coal for power daily your snow would have been black. Or if you had a factory that used coal fired furnaces the coal would be black. Aspen went to a small Hydro Power Unit for electric power early on and you used it. What's sad is, today, Aspen is one of our dirtier western towns. but it's better than flat landers.

So you spent a half hour look for something that hints at what you think backs you up. Well, junior, half of Colorado is like Kansas while the other half is Rocky Mountain. We have two states in one. The Eastern Slope comprises more than half the population and uses MOST of the energy. But it produces almost none of the energy. We produced that energy and still do. The only difference is, how we produce it. Our water has turned clear, our snow has turned white and our air has turned pure. Meanwhile, the eastern slope is still fouling theirs up. And so are you.
You're unbelievable. You claim that Colorado doesn't get any of it's electricity from coal but has gone totally "green" but when I point out that's total BULLSHIT...you double down on the lie by claiming that Colorado are "two states in one"? You're a joke!

And if you burned coal for power daily your snow would have been black. Or if you had a factory that used coal fired furnaces the coal would be black. Aspen went to a small Hydro Power Unit for electric power early on and you used it. What's sad is, today, Aspen is one of our dirtier western towns. but it's better than flat landers.
And Aspen didn't use hydro power since the 1950's when it started buying it's electricity off the grid. It didn't build the Reudi hydro plant until 1985. Is there anything else you want to prove your ignorance of? Like the four coal powered plants west of the Continental Divide?

Last edited:
You're unbelievable. You claim that Colorado doesn't get any of it's electricity from coal but has gone totally "green" but when I point out that's total BULLSHIT...you double down on the lie by claiming that Colorado are "two states in one"? You're a joke!

Did I say Colorado? No. You are looking for a Gotcha. You just can't believe that any state can have two completely different and distinct areas that are different. Funny, the Red part of the state is the one that is greener. But don't let that fact hit you on the ass on your way out.

Did I say Colorado? No. You are looking for a Gotcha. You just can't believe that any state can have two completely different and distinct areas that are different. Funny, the Red part of the state is the one that is greener. But don't let that fact hit you on the ass on your way out.
Are you trying to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're utterly clueless? Did you miss the part where the Western Slope has four coal fired power plants? You know...when according to you they've all been closed? Looking for a "Gotcha"? Dude, you stepped on your dick! You actually ran into someone who knows Colorado and knows how much crap you're shoveling when you talk about it!

Are you trying to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're utterly clueless? Did you miss the part where the Western Slope has four coal fired power plants? You know...when according to you they've all been closed? Looking for a "Gotcha"? Dude, you stepped on your dick! You actually ran into someone who knows Colorado and knows how much crap you're shoveling when you talk about it!
As for what is the "Red" part of Colorado? Outside of the Denver area and the ski towns...the rest of Colorado is pretty darned conservative. For some reason you seem to think the Western slope is liberal. It isn't!

And where are those 4 coal fired plants at? Break out your swami hat and tell us.

As for what is the "Red" part of Colorado? Outside of the Denver area and the ski towns...the rest of Colorado is pretty darned conservative. For some reason you seem to think the Western slope is liberal. It isn't!

What is mistaken for Red is when taking care of Mother Earth. It's not Red or Blue. Conservative and Progressive. WE have Democrats and Republicans, Indys and others that are caretakers. A lot of us don't believe that we actually own the land. We look after it. I don't expect most of you to understand.

\

What is mistaken for Red is when taking care of Mother Earth. It's not Red or Blue. Conservative and Progressive. WE have Democrats and Republicans, Indys and others that are caretakers. A lot of us don't believe that we actually own the land. We look after it. I don't expect most of you to understand.

\
Oh, God...you're one of those? You don't actually "own" the land? Ignorant and amusing go so well together.

Ah, standard rumpster method of argument.
You mean pointing out how full of shit you are when you claimed Colorado had shut down it's coal fired plants and was getting the bulk of it's electricity from "green" sources? Pointing out that there are still FOUR coal burning plants on the Western Slope of Colorado after you claimed there were zero? You're a blowhard, Vrenn. You don't have a clue what you're talking about and when you get challenged on your "facts" you get all pissy and start declaring you're above debate! Why don't you do the board a favor and get educated on topics like this before you waste our time with your drivel!

New Topics

Forum List

Back