Biden Shared Intel with China — and China, Naturally, Shared That Intel with Russia

An alternative suggestion, regarding ANY sharing of such intelligence.
Was to signal to Russia that .....we knew.

We knew what they were about to do, and hopefully them knowing that we knew would mitigate their action, even if it did not stop them.

Intelligence gathering, sharing, diplomacy, backdoor channels, 3rd party intermediaries .......are, perhaps, areas that the anonymous chatteratti of a fee-less chatroom may not be well informed on.

Some might say, there are games within games that are being played.
And we know little of them.

But that doesn't keep one from speculating consistent with one's political leanings.

I'm content to live with the understanding...that I, that my avatar, and that most every single avatar participating here....simply don't know what they don't know.

An alternative suggestion, regarding ANY sharing of such intelligence.
Was to signal to Russia that .....we knew.

We knew what they were about to do, and hopefully them knowing that we knew would mitigate their action, even if it did not stop them.

Intelligence gathering, sharing, diplomacy, backdoor channels, 3rd party intermediaries .......are, perhaps, areas that the anonymous chatteratti of a fee-less chatroom may not be well informed on.

Some might say, there are games within games that are being played.
And we know little of them.

But that doesn't keep one from speculating consistent with one's political leanings.

I'm content to live with the understanding...that I, that my avatar, and that most every single avatar participating here....simply don't know what they don't know.
~~~~~~

**********​

Biden Shared Intel with China

and China, Naturally, Shared That Intel with Russia

**********​
25 Feb 2022 ~~ By David Harsanyi
From the New York Times:
Over three months, senior Biden administration officials held half a dozen urgent meetings with top Chinese officials in which the Americans presented intelligence showing Russia’s troop buildup around Ukraine and beseeched the Chinese to tell Russia not to invade, according to U.S. officials.
Each time, the Chinese officials, including the foreign minister and the ambassador to the United States, rebuffed the Americans, saying they did not think an invasion was in the works. After one diplomatic exchange in December, U.S. officials got intelligence showing Beijing had shared the information with Moscow, telling the Russians that the United States was trying to sow discord — and that China would not try to impede Russian plans and actions, the officials said.
[America Officials] they knew how China had helped Russia evade some of the 2014 sanctions and warned Beijing against any such future aid. And they argued that because China was widely seen as a partner of Russia, its global image could suffer if Mr. Putin invaded.
Hey, I’m not Dag Hammarskjöld, but I suspect that a tyranny that crushes political opposition, has never resembled anything approaching a liberal democracy, and that threatens to annihilate its neighbor on a weekly basis, is unlikely to harm its best relationship over some bad publicity. Then again, we can hardly get anyone in the government, the NBA, or the business world to criticize Chinese slave labor, so maybe the Chicoms, like Putin, know we’re just bluffing.

Commentary:
It's a bloody national shame to have a president as Biden, bought, paid and sold by the Chi-Coms.
Biden's next step is to send Blinken, Jake Sullivan and Victoria Nuland to plead with Putin to tell the Chinese not to invade Taiwan.
Ther were three months of urgent warnings that the Russians were going to invade. Were there three months of air convoys shipping weapons like Stingers and Javelins to the Ukraine? Biden and his people are always disastrously behind the curve. This is an inexcusable failure of leadership.
Biden has of course repeated another foreign policy disaster in less than six months.
China has got their money's worth in the Judas-Biden.
Regrettably, Joe Biden pissed away the past 4 years over silly trivial domestic stuff and squandered our position and influence in the world. The Chinese and Russians now see they can do what they want with impunity - not sure we have the ability to convince them otherwise as long as Biden/Harris and Progressive Maoist/DSA Democrat Commies remain in power.
it's absolutely astonishing that most so called 'deplorables' completely understand this, yet the eggheads that populate our government can't see it — even when they are repeatedly hit in the face with it.

OMG. 🤣 It's gateway pundit.

Poster Doc in post #22 offers us a link that headlines it was 'naive and stupid' for Biden to signal to China that we knew stuff about Russia's invasions plans.

I'm not persuaded.

With what little I can know of military intelligence between nations......whatever the American Administration shared seems not to have caused damage. No harm, no foul.

If the motivation to share was to measure China's loyalty or trustworthiness with confidences....well, now we know.
Or to signal to Russia that they could not surprise us, thus they should be cautious........well, maybe some success was achieved.
How would we blokes on an internet chatroom know?

I would offer as a measure these decision points:

• If China did leak to the Russians what America told 'em.......did it change anything?
  • If China did not leak to the Russians what America told 'em.......did it change anything?
  • How would we know?

Poster Doc in post #22 offers us a link that headlines it was 'naive and stupid' for Biden to signal to China that we knew stuff about Russia's invasions plans.

I'm not persuaded.

With what little I can know of military intelligence between nations......whatever the American Administration shared seems not to have caused damage. No harm, no foul.

If the motivation to share was to measure China's loyalty or trustworthiness with confidences....well, now we know.
Or to signal to Russia that they could not surprise us, thus they should be cautious........well, maybe some success was achieved.
How would we blokes on an internet chatroom know?

I would offer as a measure these decision points:

• If China did leak to the Russians what America told 'em.......did it change anything?
  • If China did not leak to the Russians what America told 'em.......did it change anything?
  • How would we know?
Remember when Trump gave up Israeli intelligence assets to the Russians who were visiting the WH?

Remember when Trump gave up Israeli intelligence assets to the Russians who were visiting the WH?
he didn’t give up assets. he let them know if a planned attacked..and they were able to stop it…saving lives

meanwhile, and of course putin wasn’t invading ukraine at the time…much different then today

Forum List

Back