Biden Selects a Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs who Never Served in the US Armed Forces

Don't tell me it doesn't matter! A Veteran has the compassion for those he or she represents ( specially one who served in combat ).
Interesting that the Obama-Biden Regime also showed the same insensitivity for Veterans in their selection of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
It doesn't matter. Being a vet does not automatically make someone an able administrator. The kind of guy that can effectively manage something like the VA probably went to college rather than joining the military.

It matters a lot and especially for those people that work under that individual. That's common sense.
Vets have been telling vets to "Just man-up" when it comes to problems that have been plaguing veterans forever. No one is more likely to let vets suffer in silence than a career military guy who sees things like PTSD, homelessness and substance abuse as cowardice and weakness.

It matters a lot and especially for those people that work under that individual. That's common sense.
Vets have been telling vets to "Just man-up" when it comes to problems that have been plaguing veterans forever. No one is more likely to let vets suffer in silence than a career military guy who sees things like PTSD, homelessness and substance abuse as cowardice and weakness.

No. Not in this capacity.

Further, all of the people underneath that are doing the actual work need to see and feel that from leadership in order to deliver. You have to be able to bring out the best in your people.

Further, all of the people underneath that are doing the actual work need to see and feel that from leadership in order to deliver. You have to be able to bring out the best in your people.
Military service is not a golden road to leadership ability. It does not translate easily to civilian organizations who have not been conditioned to follow orders even if they don't make sense.

Don't tell me it doesn't matter! A Veteran has the compassion for those he or she represents ( specially one who served in combat ).
Interesting that the Obama-Biden Regime also showed the same insensitivity for Veterans in their selection of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs.
It doesn't matter. Being a vet does not automatically make someone an able administrator. The kind of guy that can effectively manage something like the VA probably went to college rather than joining the military.
Because military folk don’t go to college?

Are you THAT stupid?

Are you THAT stupid?
The military is not producing a lot of Eisenhowers these days. Putting generals in charge of civilian organizations has not been a success.

There we go. Let your hate for the military flow through you.

Military service is not a golden road to leadership ability. It does not translate easily to civilian organizations who have not been conditioned to follow orders even if they don't make sense.

What I hear you saying is that Ben Carson was the perfect pick for HUD Secretary and Betsy DeVos was perfect for the Secretary of Education.

There we go. Let your hate for the military flow through you.
I served but I have little faith in the ability of military types to effectively do anything other than kill the enemy.

Are you THAT stupid?
The military is not producing a lot of Eisenhowers these days. Putting generals in charge of civilian organizations has not been a success.
Eisenhower never took a step on a field of combat. There are many Vets with college degrees! You are really clueless and obviously not a Vet. You'r better off talking about basket weaving.

[/QUOTE
Which war did you avoid? I manned up when my country turned its' back on me and all my brothers and sisters who served in Vietnam. We had to start our own Veterans Organization because the other National Vet Organizations abandoned us. I joined the Vietnam Veterans of America in 1982 and joined the "the good fight" to make this nation do right by us. Thanks to John Kerry and his Winter Soldier Meeting we had to overcome the stereotype he had placed upon us. The citizens of this country could not separate the Warrior from the War. We got the needs of our brother and sisters addressed and went on to lead productive lives in every aspect of the US Work Force. Don't try and judge us unless your walked a mile in our Jungle Boots!

It remains to be seen about how effective Biden's pick will be. You don't have to be a Veteran to head the administration of the biggest medical bureaucracy in the Country.

There's the typical leftist contempt for military members. It's not based on reality, however.

Fact Of The Day #44: U.S. Military Better Educated Than Populace It Protects
As a whole, the U.S. military is far better educated than the American population it defends. 82.8% of U.S. military officers in 2010 had at least a bachelor’s degree, compared to 29.9 percent of the general population. 93.6% of enlisted soldiers had at least a high school diploma, compared to 59.5% of America.

Forum List

Back