Biden says he and China's Xi have agreed to abide by Taiwan agreement

There is much on which Americans can either blame or credit Biden on his/America's changing attitude toward China.

America's China/Uighur propaganda campaign has lost traction.

New Sheriff in Town

They fear the wrath of Biden
They will behave themselves or else
Wrath of Biden, I doubt anyone fears Biden, I believe Biden convinced them that it would just be better to wait. Good negotiating maybe but fear, I doubt.

............., Biden has – at least for the time being – changed course. Xinjiang disappeared at the same time as the Afghanistan debacle unfolded, which was when Biden gained a political window to begin rolling out his agenda. After this, he pivoted to re-emphasize the Indo-Pacific as his primary region of focus by announcing the AUKUS deal and placing Taiwan firmly in his sights. In doing so, he has also quietly discarded other aspects of the most extreme Trumpian initiatives against China, including the Wuhan lab-leak conspiracy theory, and has geared up for trade talks under the guise of ‘being tough’ on Beijing.

Biden understands that at least portraying a tough image against China is critical pablum for the mentality of hating that's been created. The facts on the ground are showing otherwise.
we all hope!

America's China/Uighur propaganda campaign has lost traction.
This is an excellent article! I take pride in having pointed out the phony politically opportunist character of this “genocide” propaganda launched in the last two years of Pompeo/Trump’s Administration, and followed uncritically by the entire Western corporate press.

Conditions in Xinjiang for Uighurs still remain bad and repressive (more so than in the rest of China), but there is and was nothing “genocidal” about this very tough state “security” campaign of pacification, education and economic development.

The economy in backward Xinjiang is growing again, as is tourism, and we can reasonably hope the day will come when Uighurs, like Hui Muslims and Tibetans and other minorities, can participate fully in Chinese society.

The Chinese have “peacefully” but of course forcefully avoided the danger of Xinjiang becoming a theatre of civil war and Islamic fanaticism, like in neighboring Afghanistan.

They accomplished this in ways the U.S. would never attempt today, partly because it would prove too expensive and require too much effort, partly because it would be considered a too “brutal” violation of “Democratic norms.” We in the West prefer to talk about Democratic norms while bombing faraway social backwaters, encouraging uncivil wars that destroy whole societies and make immigrants of tens of millions.

So..business as usual....probably a good thing:

U.S. President Joe Biden said on Tuesday that he has spoken to Chinese President Xi Jinping about Taiwan and they agreed to abide by the Taiwan agreement.
"I've spoken with Xi about Taiwan. We agree ... we'll abide by the Taiwan agreement," he said. "We made it clear that I don't think he should be doing anything other than abiding by the agreement."
So, more of the same? The U.S. officially does not take a position on Taiwan after the ChiComs overthrew the Chinese government? The U.S. agrees that the Taiwan issue will be "resolved by peaceful means"?

In other words, the U.S. will allow China to take back Taiwan by any number of other measures and make Taiwan a communist shit hole, and the U.S. will never recognize Taiwan as an independent nation.

Outstanding, Joe. Way to work your ass off for the status quo and continue to be a bitch to China.

:laughing0301:

Forum List

Back