Biden Praises Trump's Arab-Israeli Peace Deal; While On Middle East Trip

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"As President Joe Biden arrived here on Wednesday, he is doing something he has never done on a foreign trip: Embracing one of his predecessor's legacy achievements. While much of his foreign travel in his first 18 months in office has focused on reversing the foreign policy of former President Donald Trump and shoring up battered alliances, Biden on his first trip to the Middle East will embrace the Trump-era Abraham Accords that normalized relations between Israel and several Arab countries and pursue an expansion of growing Arab-Israeli security and economic ties.

"It's changed the security situation in the Middle East," a senior US official said of the Abraham Accords signed in late 2020. "Our job is to go deeper with the countries that have signed up and to go wider if we can." The Biden administration's focus on expanding normalization agreements between Israel and Arab countries has frustrated Palestinian officials -- but US officials say their focus on Arab-Israeli normalization is a recognition of realities in the region. Senior Biden administration officials said full Saudi-Israel normalization remains out of reach, though covert coordination between the two countries has expanded."

Now, hate Biden or love Biden, or claim he doesn't know what day it is -- I can at least respect the fact that Biden acknowledged something done by the previous admin that was clearly a positive thing...I mean, he could have tried to deny it, kicked dirt on it, reversed direction on the peace agreement -- all out of spite -- but instead he gave credit and stayed the course...because even someone as senile and old and dumb as Biden knows that more peace between Israel and Arab countries is better than less peace between them...now does this mean he has to completely bow down to Saudi Arabia and pretend they didn't just chop up a US journalist, no.....it's a delicate dance, but the tune being danced to should always be more peace and not less peace..

So he's running around the ME all hat in hand trying to trade on Trump's legacy.

Good luck with all that......You watch, he will get some sort of vague promises from the Saudis that he will tout as a win but will fail to materialize.

So he's running around the ME all hat in hand trying to trade on Trump's legacy.

Good luck with all that......You watch, he will get some sort of vague promises from the Saudis that he will tout as a win but will fail to materialize.

You don't actually think the Saudis liked Trump.

Forum List

Back