Biden: 'Not a Single Person on Private Insurance' Lost It 'Under Obamacare'— Fact Check: FALSE

even after I cited the actual law, Trumpists continue to lie in the face of the truth.

No, that would be you. The real truth of the matter is employers were obligated to provide healthcare benefits because that was the only way to attract good workers before Commie Care. Afterwards it was an option, particularly for our largest employers which is small businesses. Commie Care took away that incentive and competitiveness to use healthcare to get more and better workers, so they dropped it.
Nothing prevents an employer from offering a good healthcare plan except being cheap

You should know

My healthcare was cancelled because of Obamacare.
BULLSHIT!
The PPACA did NOT cancel a single healthcare plan. Old plans were GRANDFATHERED in the PPACA. If your plan was canceled it was the CHOICE of YOUR employer or YOUR insurance provider. But you knew that already.

Nice try.

The had to cancel them because they didn't meet the Obamacare criteria.

Now go fuck yoursel.
What exactly don't you understand about the GRANDFATHJERR clause?????

Overview of Grandfathered Status Plans
Grandfathered plans are health plans that were in place before March 23, 2010, when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law. These plans are allowed to offer the coverage they did before the Affordable Care Act. Changes can be made to grandfathered plans (subject to certain limitations) without losing grandfathered status. A grandfathered status plan might not include certain benefits or consumer protections that non-grandfathered plans are required to include. A few examples of this include:

• Grandfathered status plans are not required to cover all preventive services at a $0 copay (such as contraceptive coverage).
  • Grandfathered status plans are not required to cover all of the benefits healthcare reform has deemed to be “essential,” such as certain types of testing and treatment.
  • Grandfathered status plans have different member appeal rights.
However, healthcare reform has added some benefits to both grandfathered and non-grandfathered status plans, including:

• No lifetime dollar limit on benefits and/or no monetary limits on essential benefits (For example, your plan cannot have a $200,000 lifetime cap on organ transplants – it must be unlimited)
  • Dependent coverage to your adult children until they turn 26, subject to certain limitations (the age limit is 28 in Ohio for fully insured plans.)

Again, they were only allowed for a couple years. Rates skyrocketed. Then they cancelled them.

So no, you're still lying. I didn't cancel my plan, it was ended and they sent me Obamacare information.

even after I cited the actual law, Trumpists continue to lie in the face of the truth.

No, that would be you. The real truth of the matter is employers were obligated to provide healthcare benefits because that was the only way to attract good workers before Commie Care. Afterwards it was an option, particularly for our largest employers which is small businesses. Commie Care took away that incentive and competitiveness to use healthcare to get more and better workers, so they dropped it.
Nothing prevents an employer from offering a good healthcare plan except being cheap

You should know

RW: Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

ACA did a lot to put full time employees onto part time.
No matter how many times you lying scum bags repeat that lie, it will ALWAYS be a lie.

After the PPACA passed in March 2010, PT jobs for economic reasons DECLINED from 9,233,000 to 5,734,000 when Obama left office while FT jobs INCREASED from 111,162,000 to 124,563,000 over the same time period.
You might try a little reading there sparky. https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/effects-of-the-affordable-care-act-on-economic-productivity/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=Stripes+-+Imprimis+Content+Promo+-+Effects+of+ACA+(Nov+2017)&hs_fb_account_id=1390410734517593&hs_fb_campaign_id=6095644074964&hs_fb_adset_id=6095644076164&hs_fb_ad_id=6095644075764&hs_parent_creative_id=6095644346564&source=fb
that is if you can read.
WOW the extremist Right-wing Hillsdale College, now there is an unbiased source if ever there was one. NOT!
The actual law:
§ 147.140 Preservation of right to maintain existing coverage.
(a) Definition of grandfathered health plan coverage -

(1) In general -

(i) Grandfathered health plan coverage means coverage provided by a group health plan, or a group or individual health insurance issuer, in which an individual was enrolled on March 23, 2010 (for as long as it maintains that status under the rules of this section). A group health plan or group health insurance coverage does not cease to be grandfathered health plan coverage merely because one or more (or even all) individuals enrolled on March 23, 2010 cease to be covered, provided that the plan or group health insurance coverage has continuously covered someone since March 23, 2010 (not necessarily the same person, but at all times at least one person). In addition, subject to the limitation set forth in paragraph (a)(1)(ii) of this section, a group health plan (and any health insurance coverage offered in connection with the group health plan) does not cease to be a grandfathered health plan merely because the plan (or its sponsor) enters into a new policy, certificate, or contract of insurance after March 23, 2010 (for example, a plan enters into a contract with a new issuer or a new policy is issued with an existing issuer). For purposes of this section, a plan or health insurance coverage that provides grandfathered health plan coverage is referred to as a grandfathered health plan. The rules of this section apply separately to each benefit package made available under a group health plan or health insurance coverage. Accordingly, if any benefit package relinquishes grandfather status, it will not affect the grandfather status of the other benefit packages.
I love how you fools pretend that everything you don’t like is extreme right but you will quote every sentence in things like raw story.
You assured us for a year that Mueller would remove Trump. That a Trump had no way to win. That we would be in WW3. That this or that would happen that never did. Then you can’t understand when you lie again why no one believes you fools? I mean everyone knows whether they got hours cut. Everyone knows if they lost insurance. All because of ACA. You trying to run around calling bull on people’s experiences is just another lie from the party of dementia.

ACA did a lot to put full time employees onto part time.
No matter how many times you lying scum bags repeat that lie, it will ALWAYS be a lie.

After the PPACA passed in March 2010, PT jobs for economic reasons DECLINED from 9,233,000 to 5,734,000 when Obama left office while FT jobs INCREASED from 111,162,000 to 124,563,000 over the same time period.
You might try a little reading there sparky. https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/effects-of-the-affordable-care-act-on-economic-productivity/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=Stripes+-+Imprimis+Content+Promo+-+Effects+of+ACA+(Nov+2017)&hs_fb_account_id=1390410734517593&hs_fb_campaign_id=6095644074964&hs_fb_adset_id=6095644076164&hs_fb_ad_id=6095644075764&hs_parent_creative_id=6095644346564&source=fb
that is if you can read.
WOW the extremist Right-wing Hillsdale College, now there is an unbiased source if ever there was one. NOT!
The actual law:
§ 147.140 Preservation of right to maintain existing coverage.
(a) Definition of grandfathered health plan coverage -

(1) In general -

(i) Grandfathered health plan coverage means coverage provided by a group health plan, or a group or individual health insurance issuer, in which an individual was enrolled on March 23, 2010 (for as long as it maintains that status under the rules of this section). A group health plan or group health insurance coverage does not cease to be grandfathered health plan coverage merely because one or more (or even all) individuals enrolled on March 23, 2010 cease to be covered, provided that the plan or group health insurance coverage has continuously covered someone since March 23, 2010 (not necessarily the same person, but at all times at least one person). In addition, subject to the limitation set forth in paragraph (a)(1)(ii) of this section, a group health plan (and any health insurance coverage offered in connection with the group health plan) does not cease to be a grandfathered health plan merely because the plan (or its sponsor) enters into a new policy, certificate, or contract of insurance after March 23, 2010 (for example, a plan enters into a contract with a new issuer or a new policy is issued with an existing issuer). For purposes of this section, a plan or health insurance coverage that provides grandfathered health plan coverage is referred to as a grandfathered health plan. The rules of this section apply separately to each benefit package made available under a group health plan or health insurance coverage. Accordingly, if any benefit package relinquishes grandfather status, it will not affect the grandfather status of the other benefit packages.
I will play your silly little game though and even give you another link to another source. US employers slashing worker hours to avoid Obamacare insurance mandate
But I have no doubt you will scream far right so will not even bother looking at it.

I thought Hillary was the biggest unapologetic liar in the world until recently. now Biden takes it hands down. Biden will lie even when he knows he has a 100% chance of getting busted. The man is stone cold. Better to stick with Trump.

You should know

Being cheap and being unaffordable are two different things. You think all businesses are flushed with so much money they can endure almost anything. Well there is no truth to that, especially when you're talking about small business. Companies compete against each other for business. They do that mostly by using the lowest prices they can offer customers. And remember, they had a hard enough time trying to keep that benefit for their employees as it was due to rate increase. But a 70% increase made it impossible for my employer to provide that coverage any longer, and it was that way for many small businesses.

Bottom line is that it was Commie Care that's responsible for millions of Americans losing their insurance. Even with the few of us participating in this subject, look how many of us lost it.

BULLSHIT!

Nope, 100% truth.

Joe was lying all night long....obvious lies....
Putting aside for the moment it was Trump who lied virtually every time he opened his mouth during the debate, the OP's "fact check" on Biden is a steaming pile of shit.

Bottom line is that it was Commie Care that's responsible for millions of Americans losing their insurance.
As I think you know, that's a lie..........or at the least a disingenuous misrepresentation of the facts.

Imagine how much better it would be for those small businesses you mentioned if having to arrange for medical insurance for their employees was taken off their plate.

Joe was lying all night long....obvious lies....
Putting aside for the moment it was Trump who lied virtually every time he opened his mouth during the debate, the OP's "fact check" on Biden is a steaming pile of shit.

What did Trump lie about? You're full of shit. It was Biden that lied over and over. My favorite was that we got along with Hitler before he invaded Poland, total lie.

And when Biden didn't lie it's because he was so vacuous

Bottom line is that it was Commie Care that's responsible for millions of Americans losing their insurance.
As I think you know, that's a lie..........or at the least a disingenuous misrepresentation of the facts.

Imagine how much better it would be for those small businesses you mentioned if having to arrange for medical insurance for their employees was taken off their plate.

Your piece only questions the numbers, but even FactCheck admits they have no actual hard core evidence of their claim. It also only covers people who had individual plans, not work sponsored plans which most Americans get their health insurance from. So it's not BS.

JOE BIDEN'S LIE:

“Not one single person on private insurance would lose their insurance under my plan, nor did they under Obamacare. They did not lose their insurance unless they chose something else."

Analysts estimated that at least 4 million Americans lost their health insurance under Obamacare. Yet Joe Biden thought he could repeat the false Obamacare claim that got branded “the Lie of the Year” in 2013.

I lost my insurance due to Obamacare.
Then I was on Obamacare for about 6 months... which basically meant I got to carry a worthless plastic card around and pay full premiums what use to be catastrophic only.
If you have a health "insurance" that has a multi-$1000 deductible... YOU DO NOT HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE. You have catastrophic coverage that use to be cheap - now expensive.

My healthcare was cancelled because of Obamacare.
BULLSHIT!
The PPACA did NOT cancel a single healthcare plan. Old plans were GRANDFATHERED in the PPACA. If your plan was canceled it was the CHOICE of YOUR employer or YOUR insurance provider. But you knew that already.

Nice try.

The had to cancel them because they didn't meet the Obamacare criteria.

Now go fuck yoursel.

No, they didn't have to cancel them because of the criteria they could have grandfathered them in as they were allowed.

They were only grandfathered in for a couple years. The rates skyrocketed then they were cancelled.

Sorry to rain on your parade with facts

Sorry to rain on your parade from someone in the business that 2015 deadline was extended indefinitely and left up to each individual insurance company.

They will end someday in probably the near future simply because of death and many at some point may qualify for a subsidy which would make it cheaper for them but right now to purchase a new plan for someone who does not qualify for a subsidy would cost them quite a bit more. They should stay put as long as they can.

Last edited:
if you go out and about this weekend to be on the lookout for Trump’s healthcare plan. Because Trump says it exists, but no one’s ever seen it.

You should know

Quite a few employer's, under 50 in my area found that obamacare could be used as an excuse to discontinue group coverage and blame it on ocare. Since ocare I have seen many group plans stay stable in rate increases and many individual plans actually cost more than group now since they are both required to cover pre x.

The key point is not the relatively few people who lost coverage under Obamacare but......

With Donald Trump fighting to terminate Obamacare, Why the FUK doesn’t he have a plan ready to provide coverage for the 30 million who will lose coverage?

Why the FUK doesn’t he have a plan to cover those with preexisting conditions to include 8 million with COVID? Saying they will be covered does NOTHING to actually provide coverage.

What did Trump lie about?
Wind power, "opportunity zones," claiming Biden said the China travel ban was xenophobic, that the Obama admin didn't sell military equipment to Ukraine, that Biden called blacks super-predators, that he was given a cure for COVID, his child separation policy on the border, the stock market crashing if Biden wins, Biden's position on fracking, and there's more.

JOE BIDEN'S LIE:

“Not one single person on private insurance would lose their insurance under my plan, nor did they under Obamacare. They did not lose their insurance unless they chose something else."

Analysts estimated that at least 4 million Americans lost their health insurance under Obamacare. Yet Joe Biden thought he could repeat the false Obamacare claim that got branded “the Lie of the Year” in 2013.

That's all Biden is good for is lying

Forum List

Back