Biden: 'Not a Single Person on Private Insurance' Lost It 'Under Obamacare'— Fact Check: FALSE

OBAMA SCARE....DESIGNED TO FAIL.

Depends on what you consider a failure. A failure for the country? Yes. A fail for the Democrats? No.

Commie Care was designed for two main goals: One of course is to create more government dependents. The more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters. Two, it was designed to take healthcare away from likely Republican supporters and give it to likely Democrat supporters. If you make French fries or stock shelves for a living, you got very affordable or free plans. If you made a middle-class living, you didn't get diddly. Pure vote buying.

Of course many workers were moved below 30 hours so they weren't required to give them insurance. You're totally clueless.

Either that or they hired foreigners with green cards since they were not considered an American. In order to stay under the 50 employee limit, more growing businesses started outsourcing their work since people in other countries were not considered employees of the business.

JOE BIDEN'S LIE:

“Not one single person on private insurance would lose their insurance under my plan, nor did they under Obamacare. They did not lose their insurance unless they chose something else."

Analysts estimated that at least 4 million Americans lost their health insurance under Obamacare. Yet Joe Biden thought he could repeat the false Obamacare claim that got branded “the Lie of the Year” in 2013.

What the 4 million number represents are the people who were forced off the plans they had. However millions lost their employer sponsored insurance because of Commie Care, me and my coworkers being some of them.

When my employer canceled our insurance, he said his rates will be going up 70% when Commie Care starts. Granted, some of that was due to his aging workforce, but most of it because of Commie Care.

I always worked for small companies. My health prevented me working for large major companies for reasons I won't get into now. When I called Commie Care, their prices were outrageous and certainly out of my league, so I went to seek another job. To my surprise, nobody was offering healthcare coverage as a benefit. Employers always hated dealing with the benefit, but had to provide it to attract good workers. Thanks to Commie Care, that's all out the window.

My healthcare was cancelled because of Obamacare.
BULLSHIT!
The PPACA did NOT cancel a single healthcare plan. Old plans were GRANDFATHERED in the PPACA. If your plan was canceled it was the CHOICE of YOUR employer or YOUR insurance provider. But you knew that already.

Nice try.

The had to cancel them because they didn't meet the Obamacare criteria.

Now go fuck yoursel.

No, they didn't have to cancel them because of the criteria they could have grandfathered them in as they were allowed.

JOE BIDEN'S LIE:

“Not one single person on private insurance would lose their insurance under my plan, nor did they under Obamacare. They did not lose their insurance unless they chose something else."

Analysts estimated that at least 4 million Americans lost their health insurance under Obamacare. Yet Joe Biden thought he could repeat the false Obamacare claim that got branded “the Lie of the Year” in 2013.

FAKE NEWS!

What's fake is your claim to having a brain. Millions of people lost their health insurance thanks to Obamacare.
And by millions you mean not a single one.

Geez, you are one ignorant motherfucker...

"When the Affordable Care Act (ACA, commonly referred to as Obamacare) was signed into law by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010, there was much debate about what would happen to citizens' existing plans under the new healthcare reform. One statement made repeatedly by the president, administration, and congressional supporters, was some form of the line Obama gave in an August 22, 2009, internet address, when he stated, "If you like your private health insurance plan, you can keep your plan. Period." Under the ACA, plans created before the date of the law's enactment would be allowed to remain in effect until they underwent a major change, like a reduction in benefits. These plans were called "grandfathered" health plans.[1][2]

Health plans that were created between 2010 and 2014 and were not compliant with the ACA's requirements were supposed to come into compliance with the law at the beginning of 2014, when many of the ACA's major provisions went into effect. This included the requirement that insurance plans cover a standard set of benefits. In October 2013, many people insured through the individual market began receiving letters from their insurance carriers notifying them that their current plans would be canceled at the end of the policy term. The plans were canceled because they did not meet new minimum coverage requirements set by the law. On October 29, 2013, NBC News reported that 50 percent to 75 percent of the 14 million Americans with individual healthcare plans would receive a cancellation notice in the next year.[3][4]

On November 14, 2013, President Obama announced the administration's intention to allow people whose insurance plans had been canceled during this time to re-enroll in their plans. Insurers would be allowed to continue to offer these plans until 2015. On December 19, 2013, the administration announced that those whose plans were canceled under the law met the Health and Human Services Department's hardship exemption"from penalties under the individual mandate. The stated exemption covers those who "experienced financial or domestic circumstances, including an unexpected natural or human-caused event, such that he or she had a significant, unexpected increase in essential expenses that prevented him or her from obtaining coverage under a qualified health plan." On March 5, 2014, the administration delayed the requirement that health plans come into compliance for a second time, allowing insurers to continue offering these plans until 2017.[5][6][7]"

And some insurance still have grandfathered plans.

BULLSHIT!
The PPACA did NOT cancel a single healthcare plan. Old plans were GRANDFATHERED in the PPACA. If your plan was canceled it was the CHOICE of YOUR employer or YOUR insurance provider. But you knew that already.

Nice try.

Now go fuck yoursel.
What exactly don't you understand about the GRANDFATHJERR clause?????

Overview of Grandfathered Status Plans
Grandfathered plans are health plans that were in place before March 23, 2010, when the Affordable Care Act was signed into law. These plans are allowed to offer the coverage they did before the Affordable Care Act. Changes can be made to grandfathered plans (subject to certain limitations) without losing grandfathered status. A grandfathered status plan might not include certain benefits or consumer protections that non-grandfathered plans are required to include. A few examples of this include:

• Grandfathered status plans are not required to cover all preventive services at a $0 copay (such as contraceptive coverage).
  • Grandfathered status plans are not required to cover all of the benefits healthcare reform has deemed to be “essential,” such as certain types of testing and treatment.
  • Grandfathered status plans have different member appeal rights.
However, healthcare reform has added some benefits to both grandfathered and non-grandfathered status plans, including:

• No lifetime dollar limit on benefits and/or no monetary limits on essential benefits (For example, your plan cannot have a $200,000 lifetime cap on organ transplants – it must be unlimited)
  • Dependent coverage to your adult children until they turn 26, subject to certain limitations (the age limit is 28 in Ohio for fully insured plans.)

ACA did a lot to put full time employees onto part time.
No matter how many times you lying scum bags repeat that lie, it will ALWAYS be a lie.

After the PPACA passed in March 2010, PT jobs for economic reasons DECLINED from 9,233,000 to 5,734,000 when Obama left office while FT jobs INCREASED from 111,162,000 to 124,563,000 over the same time period.
You might try a little reading there sparky. https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/effects-of-the-affordable-care-act-on-economic-productivity/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=Stripes+-+Imprimis+Content+Promo+-+Effects+of+ACA+(Nov+2017)&hs_fb_account_id=1390410734517593&hs_fb_campaign_id=6095644074964&hs_fb_adset_id=6095644076164&hs_fb_ad_id=6095644075764&hs_parent_creative_id=6095644346564&source=fb
that is if you can read.
WOW the extremist Right-wing Hillsdale College, now there is an unbiased source if ever there was one. NOT!
The actual law:
§ 147.140 Preservation of right to maintain existing coverage.
(a) Definition of grandfathered health plan coverage -

(1) In general -

(i) Grandfathered health plan coverage means coverage provided by a group health plan, or a group or individual health insurance issuer, in which an individual was enrolled on March 23, 2010 (for as long as it maintains that status under the rules of this section). A group health plan or group health insurance coverage does not cease to be grandfathered health plan coverage merely because one or more (or even all) individuals enrolled on March 23, 2010 cease to be covered, provided that the plan or group health insurance coverage has continuously covered someone since March 23, 2010 (not necessarily the same person, but at all times at least one person). In addition, subject to the limitation set forth in paragraph (a)(1)(ii) of this section, a group health plan (and any health insurance coverage offered in connection with the group health plan) does not cease to be a grandfathered health plan merely because the plan (or its sponsor) enters into a new policy, certificate, or contract of insurance after March 23, 2010 (for example, a plan enters into a contract with a new issuer or a new policy is issued with an existing issuer). For purposes of this section, a plan or health insurance coverage that provides grandfathered health plan coverage is referred to as a grandfathered health plan. The rules of this section apply separately to each benefit package made available under a group health plan or health insurance coverage. Accordingly, if any benefit package relinquishes grandfather status, it will not affect the grandfather status of the other benefit packages.

even after I cited the actual law, Trumpists continue to lie in the face of the truth.

No, that would be you. The real truth of the matter is employers were obligated to provide healthcare benefits because that was the only way to attract good workers before Commie Care. Afterwards it was an option, particularly for our largest employers which is small businesses. Commie Care took away that incentive and competitiveness to use healthcare to get more and better workers, so they dropped it.

even after I cited the actual law, Trumpists continue to lie in the face of the truth.

No, that would be you. The real truth of the matter is employers were obligated to provide healthcare benefits because that was the only way to attract good workers before Commie Care. Afterwards it was an option, particularly for our largest employers which is small businesses. Commie Care took away that incentive and competitiveness to use healthcare to get more and better workers, so they dropped it.
BULLSHIT!

BULLSHIT!

Nice try.

Now go fuck yoursel.

No, they didn't have to cancel them because of the criteria they could have grandfathered them in as they were allowed.

They were only grandfathered in for a couple years. The rates skyrocketed then they were cancelled.

Sorry to rain on your parade with facts

Forum List

Back