Biden: "No one expected the sanctions to prevent anything from happening"

Then regale the board with what you would have him do.
Well... He could have started by not fucking up the Afghanistan withdrawal.

Next he could have not said stupid ass things like the greatest risk to our military is climate change.

He could have not waived the sanctions on the Nord II pipeline.

He could have allowed the sanctions to be reinstated a month ago instead of having the Democrats filibuster them.

Those would have been an excellent starting point.

Who are "these people"?
WHo is saying Putin is the good guy besides YOU ALL saying other people say he is a good guy.
Go look at Fox News right now... their headline calls Putin a "wreckless tyrant"
You people never get anything right.
No one is calling Putin a good guy. He's a monster that many on the right view more favorably than our own president.

That says a lot about our current "president".
It's party before country taken to a treasonous level. Something like this is an excellent opportunity for the right to demonstrate that it's not pro-Russia without the slightest damage to anyone's conservative street cred. Can they do it?

Is it your opinion that sanctions should not have been imposed being so useless and all?
You ask the wrong question. Does Biden use sanctions effectively?
A sanction is a tool. Go to watch how Trump and Biden use it. Trump used it on 2 fronts. One is a nation, and another one is at the person. Did you watch Biden's press this noon? A reporter asked him why there were no sanctions on Putin?

You ask the wrong question. Does Biden use sanctions effectively?
A sanction is a tool. Go to watch how Trump and Biden use it. Trump used it on 2 fronts. One is a nation, and another one is at the person. Did you watch Biden's press this noon? A reporter asked him why there were no sanctions on Putin?
Heads of state do not openly target each other. It's bad form. We could do all kinds of things to screw him as long as there is plausible deniability.

Heads of state do not openly target each other. It's bad form. We could do all kinds of things to screw him as long as there is plausible deniability.
I believe all are in his calculation. With that, the current sanctions can not screw him. Biden at least should do some things that are outside of the box, target Putin's family etc. Anyway, Biden is behind in the count now. The most stupid one he looks worst than Chamberlain :rolleyes:

Then why the FUCK did you do it, Diaper Boy?

He's a disaster.

EVERY Biden supporter owns this tragedy. Every one.

President Biden on Thursday said that "no-one expected" sanctions imposed on Russia in response to its incursions into Ukraine to "prevent anything from happening" -- an apparent contradiction from prior White House messaging that emphasized the value of deterrence.

"No-one expected the sanctions to prevent anything from happening," Biden said. "This could take time and we have to show resolve so he knows what’s coming and so the people of Russia know what he’s brought on them, this is what this is all about."

"This is going to take time, it’s not going to occur…he’s gonna say ‘oh my God, these sanctions are coming, I’m gonna stand down.’"

The remarks came as he announced new sanctions on Russia in response for its invasion into Ukraine, which began early Thursday, marking the latest round of sanctions announced by the U.S.

Biden said the sanctions, in coordination with a coalition of other nations, would target four more major Russian banks, including VTB, and would make it harder for Russia to do business in dollars, Euros, pounds and yen. There will also be "new limitations" on what can be exported to Russia, he said.

But Biden’s claim that the sanctions were not expected to prevent Russia's actions was in stark contrast to past claims by the administration -- including his own vice president.

"The purpose of the sanctions has always been and continues to be deterrence," Vice President Kamala Harris said on Sunday, before the U.S. imposed sanctions.
I wrote it yesterday that sanctions against Russia was pointless and now you see the left say “ Yeah we knew this “, so what the fuck?

I mean all day yesterday I was told you are either with us or against us and Sanctions will stop Putin and when I wrote he does not care the idiots on the left wrote back I must be a Russian Troll or a Pootin Stooge…

Just amazing how now Biden told them the truth now the left changes it opinion!

marvin martian
Its called playing the game.

Some country does something and you slap sanctions on them. Of course most of the sanctions don't mean shit but you are playing the game.

nothing.
Doing something and then admitting you knew it wouldnt do anything is weak.

Saying you know it would not stop them is not the same as saying it will not do anything.

If the whole world just does nothing then there is not a single thing to keep him from taking over the rest of the old Russian Empire.

Would you prefer we just did nothing at all?

Would you prefer we start WWIII over the Ukraine?

We may have to start WWIII over Poland or the Baltic States.

or Taiwan.

What if Iran goes after Iraq again?

The problem with one tinpot dictator succeeding is it makes the others think they can succeed.

Saying you know it would not stop them is not the same as saying it will not do anything.

If the whole world just does nothing then there is not a single thing to keep him from taking over the rest of the old Russian Empire.
Im just talking about us.
What happened to all the anti war people?

We just get out of afghanistan and now this shit.
Fuck putin, fuck biden, fuck ukraine and fuck you war mongering assholes.

Forum List

Back