Biden just said he's planning to build trains that travel as fast as commercial jets

I think the senile old fuck missed a diaper change or something.

Remember that Joe is as old as the Sopwith Camel.

1617831011987.png

Whelp, first off your quote says "close to", not "as fast as". Second, the TGV (Train de Grand Vitesse) in France has been clocked at over 350 mph; and third, airports are always located well outside of cities, which adds all the time, assuming no schedule delays, of commuting to one airport and from the other, the security lines, check-in, waiting for baggage carousels, all of that, resulting in the fact that I could drive from here in the sticks of North Carolina to downtown Nashville in the same time the company's plane ticket would get me there, and that's simply easy car driving and not a TGV. Even a slow train would beat the plane there.

Trains, in contrast to airports, rarely ever fall out of the sky and therefore bring you right to the center of town.

Last edited:

Whelp, first off your quote says "close to", not "as fast as". Second, the TGV (Train de Grand Vitesse) in France has been clocked at over 350 mph; and third, airports are always located well outside of cities, which adds all the time, assuming no schedule delays, of commuting to one airport and from the other, the security lines, check-in, all of that, resulting in the fact that I could drive from here in the sticks of North Carolina to downtown Nashville in the same time the company's plane ticket would get me there, and that's simply easy car driving and not a TGV.

Train stations, in contrast to airports, rarely ever fall out of the sky and therefore bring you right to the center of town.

So you agree with Biden's assessment that a train can get you "across the country" almost as fast as a commercial jet? Let's hear you say it...

Whelp, first off your quote says "close to", not "as fast as". Second, the TGV (Train de Grand Vitesse) in France has been clocked at over 350 mph; and third, airports are always located well outside of cities, which adds all the time, assuming no schedule delays, of commuting to one airport and from the other, the security lines, check-in, all of that, resulting in the fact that I could drive from here in the sticks of North Carolina to downtown Nashville in the same time the company's plane ticket would get me there, and that's simply easy car driving and not a TGV.

Train stations, in contrast to airports, rarely ever fall out of the sky and therefore bring you right to the center of town.

So you agree with Biden's assessment that a train can get you "across the country" almost as fast as a commercial jet? Let's hear you say it...

There is no such assessment. Read your own quote. Oh and by the way your quote isn't even sourced, so we don't know whether Biden even said what's in the Twatter image. Now do we.

Whelp, first off your quote says "close to", not "as fast as". Second, the TGV (Train de Grand Vitesse) in France has been clocked at over 350 mph; and third, airports are always located well outside of cities, which adds all the time, assuming no schedule delays, of commuting to one airport and from the other, the security lines, check-in, waiting for baggage carousels, all of that, resulting in the fact that I could drive from here in the sticks of North Carolina to downtown Nashville in the same time the company's plane ticket would get me there, and that's simply easy car driving and not a TGV.

Trains, in contrast to airports, rarely ever fall out of the sky and therefore bring you right to the center of town.

Trains derail and fall off of bridges from time to time, death on a railroad isn't unheard of. And who wants to be brought into the rough "center of town" if their final destination is their home in suburbia, the habitat of the Middle Class?

Whelp, first off your quote says "close to", not "as fast as". Second, the TGV (Train de Grand Vitesse) in France has been clocked at over 350 mph; and third, airports are always located well outside of cities, which adds all the time, assuming no schedule delays, of commuting to one airport and from the other, the security lines, check-in, waiting for baggage carousels, all of that, resulting in the fact that I could drive from here in the sticks of North Carolina to downtown Nashville in the same time the company's plane ticket would get me there, and that's simply easy car driving and not a TGV.

We average better than 5K train/motor vehicle collisions a year. I suspect the number of plane/car collisions is lower.

We average better than 5K train/motor vehicle collisions a year. I suspect the number of plane/car collisions is lower.

Who knows, but the OP wasn't about collisions, it was about speed.

It was also about not knowing what a real link is.

I am guessing a 300mph train could really sneak around the corner and slice my car in half.

I am guessing a 300mph train could really sneak around the corner and slice my car in half.

Cool. Then you'd have TWO cars.

Plans are coming out for things like that. He didn't mean tomorrow obviously, brainwashed functional GOP base morons. Change the channel to something not owned by Rupert Murdoch someday....

There is no such assessment. Read your own quote. Oh and by the way your quote isn't even sourced, so we don't know whether Biden even said what's in the Twatter image. Now do we.

Your dodge is noted.

Whelp, first off your quote says "close to", not "as fast as". Second, the TGV (Train de Grand Vitesse) in France has been clocked at over 350 mph; and third, airports are always located well outside of cities, which adds all the time, assuming no schedule delays, of commuting to one airport and from the other, the security lines, check-in, waiting for baggage carousels, all of that, resulting in the fact that I could drive from here in the sticks of North Carolina to downtown Nashville in the same time the company's plane ticket would get me there, and that's simply easy car driving and not a TGV. Even a slow train would beat the plane there.

Expand Amtrak, ta-riffic!

The average speed is 173 MPH. An airliner can go anywhere and doesn't choo choo tracks.

Forum List

Back