Biden is turning this country into a bunch of cowards. One little crack and they shutdown a major bridge

For steel to crack....most likely made in China
Not likely if the beam was 48 years old, most likely Taiwanese if they were foreign. The interstate system was Eisenhauer's baby and I would not be surprised that all parts had to be American made. It was a pretty common thing back then. Nixon had just normalized relations with the CCP in 1972.

For steel to crack....most likely made in China
Don't be so sure...
View attachment 489229
Forty-eight years. As compares to the new SF-Oakland Bay Bridge that was rebuilt in 2012-2013 using Chinese made bolts which had to be removed and replaced within the first two years.
Oh, well that's OK then.
If the standard for American superiority in infrastructure construction is that they only need to last longer than two years then...U.S.A.U.S.A.U.S.A...!!!!!!!
WTF are you talking about. The AR-TN bridge had been there for 48 years before a major problem. The bay bridge was less than two years old when the Chinese bolts were found to be defective and replaced with American made bolts. Which are still in use today. What are you guys smoking? I need to get some.
No...I'm agreeing with you...it lasted longer than two years so American constructions are better than Chinese.
Personally I think it's a low bar but I can't argue with your logic.

I think it's a low bar
I don't know--I can't think of many things on earth that could take the amount of traffic that bridge has seen in 48 years and this is all that has happened? I think that is a testament to quality. Nothing lasts forever under those conditions. I mean, the bay bridge was completed in the early 30's and a section of it fell out in 1987, granted it was an earthquake that prompted it, but that was barely 50 years. I think if you get the service we enjoyed from that bridge without major problems, you got your money's worth.

I remember a bridge somewhere in the state of Minnesota making the new several years ago. It collapsed and a whole bunch of drivers and their passengers were killed. I don't remember how many.

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

P.S. If this new bridge in question can be fixed, it should be fixed and then reopened.

The! Bill Kristol is as responsible for the displayed cowardice as anyone in DC- make no mistake- BOTH sides love selling fear and making coward tools of the citizens-

Forum List

Back