Biden imposes a 60 day ban on drilling permits on federal lands and waters

Too bad it's just a political grandstanding ploy to satiate his constituents. The finding will be that a permanent ban on drilling would require congressional approval and keeping the companies that hold the leases whole. So it really won't accomplish anything more than pulling the wool over the eyes of his constituents. Too bad for the American families that will be negatively affected by this action.

So, you are going back to getting your oil from Saudi Arabia, Russia and other enemies of America?

Believe it or not America import more from Canada and Mexico, so that is not changing even with the stopping of the pipeline...

As for the Federal Ban by Biden let me be clear it is on Federal lands and water and not private lands, so pumping will keep on going on Private lands and there ain’t much Joe can do about it...

Too bad it's just a political grandstanding ploy to satiate his constituents. The finding will be that a permanent ban on drilling would require congressional approval and keeping the companies that hold the leases whole. So it really won't accomplish anything more than pulling the wool over the eyes of his constituents. Too bad for the American families that will be negatively affected by this action.

Biden refuses to put America First, and does not want to see America being Energy Independent.
The ban won't stick and he knows it. Furthermore, he doesn't even want it to stick. If he had he would have made it a permanent ban. The only reason he is fucking with the lives of hard working Americans is to fool his constituents into believing he is doing something. So other than fucking up the lives of thousands of Americans, this temporary ban won't do anything except pull the wool over the eyes of his voting base which they will eat up. Dumb fuckers every last one of them.

There's no reason to drill on Federal Lands or in national parks when there's a glut of oil on the market and the ppb is so low.
People drill for one reason and one reason only; to make a profit. And they will continue drilling until it is no longer profitable. So it is really up to them what they do with their money. Obviously, they believe they are making money in today's market.

Not at 53 dollars a barrel. Our lift costs are the highest in the world,
Breakeven pricing in GoM deepwater is ~30 $/bbl

That sounds right.. I was thinking $29.. but its been while since I looked. Most of the 3000 wells in the Gulf are pretty shallow.. What are you calling deep water?
Deepwater wells are typically considered to be anything in deeper than 1000 ft of water. It's where most of the activity in the Gulf of Mexico is occurring. The continental shelf typically extends from the coast to depths of ~600 ft to 1000 ft of water. Deepwater is considered the outer continental shelf. Most of the wells I worked on were in 5,000 to 7,000 ft of water and were ~120 miles from New Orleans.

There's no reason to drill on Federal Lands or in national parks when there's a glut of oil on the market and the ppb is so low.
People drill for one reason and one reason only; to make a profit. And they will continue drilling until it is no longer profitable. So it is really up to them what they do with their money. Obviously, they believe they are making money in today's market.

That sounds right.. I was thinking $29.. but its been while since I looked. Most of the 3000 wells in the Gulf are pretty shallow.. What are you calling deep water?
Deepwater wells are typically considered to be anything in deeper than 1000 ft of water. It's where most of the activity in the Gulf of Mexico is occurring. The continental shelf typically extends from the coast to depths of ~600 ft to 1000 ft of water. Deepwater is considered the outer continental shelf. Most of the wells I worked on were in 5,000 to 7,000 ft of water and were ~120 miles from New Orleans.

You really were working deepwater...

I thought I had read somewhere that most wells in the Gulf were 800 to 1000 feet of water.

image70a.jpg

You really were working deepwater...

I thought I had read somewhere that most wells in the Gulf were 800 to 1000 feet of water.

image70a.jpg
There's a lot of shelf wells in shallow water, but the activity is in DW.

I was up early this morning. Headed out to my shopping. There's a gas station up the street where they price is adjusted at about the same time each day (yes, it does change daily). There were three people standing in the cold rain watching the price sign. They looked glum. Prices had been going up by approximately 2% a day since it was clear Xiden had been reminded to go to Washington though he couldn't remember why.

But then there was a price reduction! Yes, gasoline prices fell by a whopping 0.02 percent. No, not two cents a gallon, 2/100 ths of one percent. Down by less than a scratch you might gouge out of a penny with a pocket knife (if your parole conditions support your having one). But still, it was a price DECREASE, Hail Comrade Xiden! That's when I knew the nut-cases were liberals 'cause they stripped off their tailor-made suits and danced naked in the street in the rain!

Turns out it was just political grandstanding to trick his base.

No real effect whatsoever.

Forum List

Back