Biden: I made all the vaccinations happen. AP fact checker: No, you didn't

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hot Air.com ^ | October 22, 2021 | JAZZ SHAW

All it would take is one look at any of the recent presidential approval polls to let you know that not a lot is getting done in Washington these days, and the headlines from around the rest of the country don’t look much better. But that won’t stop Joe Biden from trying to take credit for what little good news there is to be seen. That’s something that cropped up during his recent town hall on CNN, and now the Associated Press fact-checkers have been forced to bestir themselves and gently chide Biden for trying to claim credit for something he had almost nothing to do with.

The claim in question arose when Biden was asked about the pace of COVID vaccinations around the country. The President was quick to try to take credit for the progress made thus far, stretching back to events that happened before he was even in office. He said, “When I first was elected, there were only 2 million people who had COVID shots in the United States of America — and the vaccine. Now we got 190 million, because I went out and bought everything I could do and buy in sight and it worked.”

As the fact-checkers were quick to point out, virtually nothing he said in that statement was true. And the bits that might arguably be described as “partially true” are a significant stretch.

THE FACTS: No, that’s not how the vaccine rollout in the U.S. happened. Biden is overstating his part.
First, it’s not true that 2 million people had shots when he was elected in November. The COVID-19 vaccines were still awaiting emergency authorization then. The first shots were administered to the public in mid-December.
Nearly 16 million doses had been administered by Jan. 20, the day Biden took office.
Partially true because he “made vaccinations happen” in people whom he bullied and threatened into violating their conscience.

1634924968903.png

Hot Air.com ^ | October 22, 2021 | JAZZ SHAW

All it would take is one look at any of the recent presidential approval polls to let you know that not a lot is getting done in Washington these days, and the headlines from around the rest of the country don’t look much better. But that won’t stop Joe Biden from trying to take credit for what little good news there is to be seen. That’s something that cropped up during his recent town hall on CNN, and now the Associated Press fact-checkers have been forced to bestir themselves and gently chide Biden for trying to claim credit for something he had almost nothing to do with.

The claim in question arose when Biden was asked about the pace of COVID vaccinations around the country. The President was quick to try to take credit for the progress made thus far, stretching back to events that happened before he was even in office. He said, “When I first was elected, there were only 2 million people who had COVID shots in the United States of America — and the vaccine. Now we got 190 million, because I went out and bought everything I could do and buy in sight and it worked.”

As the fact-checkers were quick to point out, virtually nothing he said in that statement was true. And the bits that might arguably be described as “partially true” are a significant stretch.

Partially true because he “made vaccinations happen” in people whom he bullied and threatened into violating their conscience.
Well that D next to their name is for Deceitful. Democrats lie about everything.

Forum List

Back