Biden going to raise tax on tobacco...so no one earning under $400k uses Tobacco?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
What happened to the Biden lie that taxes would not go up on people earning under $400k?

The Democrats' $3.5 trillion budget proposal relies on a $100 billion tax hike that disproportionately targets the poor, lines the pockets of organized crime, and increases inequality.

The plan doubles the federal tax on cigarettes, which would break President Joe Biden's promise to raise taxes only on those earning more than $400,000. Households with an income of $35,000 or less smoke at three times the rate of households with incomes of more than $100,000. Richard Marianos, a 27-year veteran of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives who worked on gang violence, said a tobacco tax increase will punish vulnerable communities.

What happened to the Biden lie that taxes would not go up on people earning under $400k?

The Democrats' $3.5 trillion budget proposal relies on a $100 billion tax hike that disproportionately targets the poor, lines the pockets of organized crime, and increases inequality.

The plan doubles the federal tax on cigarettes, which would break President Joe Biden's promise to raise taxes only on those earning more than $400,000. Households with an income of $35,000 or less smoke at three times the rate of households with incomes of more than $100,000. Richard Marianos, a 27-year veteran of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives who worked on gang violence, said a tobacco tax increase will punish vulnerable communities.

The promise was for federal income tax rates.

Quit smoking and save yourself some money.

I quit back in 2012, after smoking for 35 years.

People say that quitting smoking is the hardest thing they've ever done but, I gotta' be honest, once I decided I really, truly wanted to quit it was one of the easiest things I've ever done.

The last time I bought a single pack of cigarettes was in New York in 2010, and I paid $14 for it...

Either way, the poor and lower middle classes will wind up paying for spending increases one way or another, they always have and always will.

Seems as if Sleepy Joe might be shitting on his own promises.

Biden pledged not to tax those making less than 400k any more.

From their appearance, the men I see standing on the corner drinking the fruit of the vine or perhaps malt liquor and smoking newports don't look that well off to me.

Canon Shooter
Shit if smokes cost that much where I am I'd quit to.

Holy shit. $14 for a pack of cigarette. Hell when I was a kid you could buy a carton for $4.00.

Look at all the tax money NY is going to lose when everyone quits. LOL

Canon Shooter
Shit if smokes cost that much where I am I'd quit to.

Holy shit. $14 for a pack of cigarette. Hell when I was a kid you could buy a carton for $4.00.

Look at all the tax money NY is going to lose when everyone quits. LOL
I’m sure NY will gladly see everyone quit

Forum List

Back