Biden Gets To Claim Victory After Supply Chain Crisis Quietly Evaporates

No..
This is Fake news.

Feeder cattle are more expensive than live cattle. The feedlots are so backed up that the live cattle can't come off the feedlots.

Coffee is in shortage quantities due to bad weather and with expensive shipping it can't get to the exchange to be bought. But because of the packaging shortage, after it's roasted and ground, the distributors aren't buying any. So there's none on the store shelves. And I expect that your coffee houses will begin to shut down soon.

Paper goods are hit and miss...they might have some and they might not. You order anyway the things you need out till spring.

Chicken wings have tripled in price.

Orange groves in Florida can't get the peat from Canada because the truckdrivers don't want to go back to Canada empty...so the trees that have the green virus aren't getting replaced.

All these things are ongoing and continuing to be problematic. When America's tractors shut down for parts issues and maintenance issues and there flat out isn't any food...then the headlines will still be saying the exact same thing.

This article is a complete lie. Totally fake news that gets destroyed the second you walk out the door.

Wake up...we are in a disaster! Things are getting worse not better.

You are clearly overhyping this. There are spot shortages but things are greatly improved over a year ago.

Coffee is having issues because of weather not supply chain issues. That has something to do with climate change not the pandemic.

Chicken has not tripled in price. The small wings have nealr doubled hower the full size wings have not gone up that much.

The article is not fake news. The delays at the ports have dropped. One reason for this is because California ports threatened to place a tax on the cargo.

We are not in a disaster. Things are getting better. They are not where they need to be but they have improved.

In October, the accelerating U.S. economy ran up against corporate supply chain problems as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic shredded "just-in-time" manufacturing pipelines. Closed factories, shortages of components, and shortages of labor have been features of the pandemic since the beginning—the most famous example in the United States probably being a run on toilet paper in the first months of the pandemic as offices closed. Paper manufacturers were caught flatfooted with warehouses of "office-quality" stuff that nobody who loved their family would dare buy.

The new supply chain problems were more intricate, with a lack of individual electronic components shuttering car manufacturing lines, a lack of spice-sized glass bottles, and similar headaches, but the biggest problem wasn't that the products couldn't be made. It was that Americans began to buy so much that American ports couldn't handle the massive surge of traffic.

Republicans and the political press were outright giddy at the prospect of being able to hammer the not-Trump president over pandemic-caused chaos, but you'll notice that something happened between then and now. Or specifically, something didn'thappen between then and now: The predicted crisis of bare store shelves and wailing giftless children didn't happen. The fears, as the New York Times just put it, "turned out to be wrong."

Oh well righties. Maybe after the holidays you can trump another disaster to hurt America with. Can’t let a good disaster go to waste know. Now head out and do some shopping. Plenty to go around.
Blaming Corporations and Covid but giving Biden the credit for "fixing" the problem ? And how did they even come to this conclusion when Biden stated it was to complicated for Americans to understand ?

This thread is a huge laughing stock. Literally EVERY STORE has shortages & or substitutions because of the problems.

The OP is blind as a fucking bat and dumb as a squirrel who lost his nut.

You are the one who is stupid. You are the ones who claim shelves are empty when they are not. There are fewer holes than there were a year ago. Also worth noting that the Biden infrastructure plan put money into upgrading our ports. That is something that should have been done a long time ago.

In October, the accelerating U.S. economy ran up against corporate supply chain problems as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic shredded "just-in-time" manufacturing pipelines. Closed factories, shortages of components, and shortages of labor have been features of the pandemic since the beginning—the most famous example in the United States probably being a run on toilet paper in the first months of the pandemic as offices closed. Paper manufacturers were caught flatfooted with warehouses of "office-quality" stuff that nobody who loved their family would dare buy.

The new supply chain problems were more intricate, with a lack of individual electronic components shuttering car manufacturing lines, a lack of spice-sized glass bottles, and similar headaches, but the biggest problem wasn't that the products couldn't be made. It was that Americans began to buy so much that American ports couldn't handle the massive surge of traffic.

Republicans and the political press were outright giddy at the prospect of being able to hammer the not-Trump president over pandemic-caused chaos, but you'll notice that something happened between then and now. Or specifically, something didn'thappen between then and now: The predicted crisis of bare store shelves and wailing giftless children didn't happen. The fears, as the New York Times just put it, "turned out to be wrong."

Oh well righties. Maybe after the holidays you can trump another disaster to hurt America with. Can’t let a good disaster go to waste know. Now head out and do some shopping. Plenty to go around.

I know, right.

Everything I wanted to buy for folks on my Christmas list was available. Its just another right wing fairy tale they keep repeating.

You are the one who is stupid. You are the ones who claim shelves are empty when they are not. There are fewer holes than there were a year ago. Also worth noting that the Biden infrastructure plan put money into upgrading our ports. That is something that should have been done a long time ago.
Second moron detected

You are clearly overhyping this. There are spot shortages but things are greatly improved over a year ago.

Coffee is having issues because of weather not supply chain issues. That has something to do with climate change not the pandemic.

Chicken has not tripled in price. The small wings have nealr doubled hower the full size wings have not gone up that much.

The article is not fake news. The delays at the ports have dropped. One reason for this is because California ports threatened to place a tax on the cargo.

We are not in a disaster. Things are getting better. They are not where they need to be but they have improved.
Oh I'm talking with industry leaders...
Which trump your claims...and with the shortages I've seen and Earnings Release that I read...it's the same story as empty store shelves...supply chain interruptions of every product.
Besides...
What is the price of feeder cattle?
What is the price of live cattle?

Yeah... explain why they are reversed with feeder cattle more expensive than live...

Go ahead Sherlock...I'm waiting for the spin on this one. This is going to be one heck of a tale. I'm all ears.

Things are worse and getting more worse with every day of his decisions.

This is a return to the Carter Disaster years.
The one Reagan pulled us out of.

I know, right.

Everything I wanted to buy for folks on my Christmas list was available. Its just another right wing fairy tale they keep repeating.

One of my tenants had a transmission problem on her American made car. She was willing to invest the thousands to have it repaired, but the mechanic told her one of the parts won't be available for five months. She couldn't borrow her parents car that long forcing her to sell that car she loved at a cheap rate to buy another one.

Thank goodness she took my advice and bought a Japanese model.

When did things at the port improve? That's news to me. No, the ships are out there because there is nobody to haul away the containers. Commifornia passed HR-5. HR-5 prohibited non-union drivers from operating in that state to kiss the unions ass that contribute so much money to Democrat candidates. Furthermore no truck with an engine older than 2011 is allowed to operate in that state as well to kiss the environmentalists asses.

There was no Obama recession. It was the Bush recession. Bush was President when we had to bail out the banks. Bush was pushing home ownership that led to a flameout of the housing market. Your financial observations are hardly unbiased.

Would you like a few links showing where this housing problem started? It wasn't with Bush. He had no stake in the minority vote. Granted Bush didn't do anything to stop it, but giving loans to un-credit worthy people was not his idea, it was Bill Clinton's.

Would you like a few links showing where this housing problem started? It wasn't with Bush. He had no stake in the minority vote. Granted Bush didn't do anything to stop it, but giving loans to un-credit worthy people was not his idea, it was Bill Clinton's.

With a huge assist from Clintons' HUD Director, one Andrew Cuomo.

I shop at least once a week, I don't see things getting better, I see them getting worse. More and more stuff simply missing and the stuff that is there isn't consistent, or the producers are reducing packaging size to make it look like the price increases aren't bad as they really are per ounce.

Upgrading ports is a long-term project, you won't see any results for at least a decade. Most ports are in states where it takes forever to jump through the hoops the liberals and environmentalists have emplaced to stop development.

New Topics

Forum List

Back