Biden follows orders, will not boycott 2022 Beijing olympics

Chairman Xi literally owns the entire Biden family.

WASHINGTON – The State Department denied Tuesday evening that it was considering a joint boycott alongside allies of the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.

“Our position on the 2022 Olympics has not changed. We have not discussed and are not discussing any joint boycott with allies and partners,” a senior State Department official wrote in an emailed statement to CNBC.

Department spokesman Ned Price had initially suggested during a press briefing earlier on Tuesday that a boycott of the Olympic Games was among the possibilities for addressing China’s human rights abuses.

The Olympic Games are due to take place between Feb. 4 and Feb. 20.

Any discussion of a diplomatic boycott of the Olympic Games would come as the Biden administration works to rally allies to mount international pushback on China. While there is broad bipartisan support for taking a tougher policy stance against China, there is hardly unanimous agreement that a boycott would be the most productive path to pursue.

You're an ASSHOLE! Not only that but you lack any common sense or understanding of International relations. You're are also sociopathic, having no empathy for the American Athletes who will be denied what they have all worked so hard to make the team. Carter made this decision, and for that I didn't vote for him for a second term; of course I would never have voted for Reagan, and thus cast my vote for Anderson.

So you approve of Red China's human rights abuses, or do you deny they occurred?

I'm not suggesting that the Olympics be canceled, BTW, just that they be moved to America.

QUESTION: "So you approve of Red China's human rights abuses, or do you deny they occurred?"

RESPONSE: Your question is a logical fallacy, aka a false dilemma. There are only two choices, X or Y, with nothing in between.

China is an extreme conservative authoritarian nation-state. What we almost became under Trumpism.

If Maoism is just a form of Trumpism to you, I would think that you would be PLEASED to cancel out Red China- instead of enabling them by having the Olympics there.

Make China Great Again!

How sad for America

From FDR on, democrat Presidents have been cock holsters for Communists

THe 1980 boycott brought the Soviets to their knees!

The 1984 boycott by Russia brought us to our knees!

Oh wait...none of that happened.

What good did the Boycott of 1980 do?

Don't punish the Athletes, that's all a boycott of the games would do.

The Athletes won't be punished at all, if you offer an alternative of a Freedom Games event instead for them to compete against other freedom loving athletes.

Or, alternatively, Sleepy Joe can put pressure on the International Olympics federation to withdraw the games from Beijing- just like he did with MLB to get them to move the All Star game out of Georgia.

That is not the Olympics. Politicians need to stay out.

No MLB isn't the olympics, but it is an international sporting organization and event.

Just because Sleepy Joe's master, Chairman Xi, is in charge over there just make their human rights offenses less putrid.

Time to move the Olympics to a venue like America instead of sponsoring terrorism.

Trump supporters launxched a terrorist attack on our capitol. The Olympics are for athletes not meddling politicians.

Forum List

Back