Biden drops "free college" from his massive taxing and spending bill

They want education only for the wealthy.

Republicans with money think they're the only ones who deserve an education...Republicans without money think that somehow they'll be included. They're wrong
Why don’t you try acting like a real person, you hyper partisan clown?

Too bad, suckers! Biden needs to make more room for payoffs to lefty billionaires like Soros, Zuckerberg, Gates, and Bezos. So you can forget about your "free college". LOL

In what appears to be a major concession to moderate Democrats, President Joe Biden reportedly told House progressives Tuesday that tuition-free community college will not be included in the final version of a multitrillion-dollar spending bill to fund the president's economic and climate agenda.

CNN reported Tuesday that Biden discussed a $1.75 trillion to $1.9 trillion top line figure for his spending bill, which Senate Democrats hope to pass via budget reconciliation to dodge the 60-vote requirement imposed by the filibuster. Those numbers are more in line with the $1.5 trillion figure demanded by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), who's vote is needed in the 50-50 Senate to pass any legislation.
Most savvy students are getting their associates degree while still in HS.

Again lying shit...Mancin and Sinema

NOT "Dem leaders"
Again dumbfuck, Manchin (learn to spell) and Sinema did not sponsor the bill, thus they can’t add or remove anything from said bill. Cry about them some more....

Again dumbfuck, Manchin (learn to spell) and Sinema did not sponsor the bill, thus they can’t add or remove anything from said bill. Cry about them some more....
Of course they can. Their VOTES have been holding it hostage since it passed the house.

Are you that stupid or that dishonest?

Hey stupid...a tax on people making over $400,000 a year is LIMITED to ....read this slowly...people making more than $400,000

And there's nothing 'moral" about the wealthy hoarding the wealth of the nation
Hey asshole, read this slower than usual. That $400,000 figure was BULLSHIT. The middle class would be hit hardest by Xiden’s “plan”. As well as the record inflation, sky high gas prices, the list goes on....

Of course they can. Their VOTES have been holding it hostage since it passed the house.

So where did either one of those two make changes to the bill? They don’t have that power. But looks like they do have the power to make lefties here wet their Depends and cry a lot.

Would you deny senators and their constituents from those states their lawful voice? How Nazi of you. If you can't muster the votes even within your own party then suck it.

You are a naive fool.

Wealthy folks (especially "conservative ones) don't give a fuck about anything but money and their friends. You ain't one of em. They need people like you because in a democracy they need votes.

YOU represent those votes. Nothing else.

Most wealthy people are very philanthropic, from both political ideologies. It's not just one sided.

It was never going to be free. It was going to be blue collar workers funding the education of future higher paid white collar workers.
Exactly. It's what happened here in Oz when they brought in "Free" University Education in the 1970s...with a "student allowance" to boot. Dad made a killing; bought a house in Brisbane with the allowance money OF FOUR KIDS AT UNI!!! All paid for by...you guessed it...the taxpayer. btw; the mix of students didn't change at all. It was still the kids of the middle and upper class who went there; NOT the kids of blue collar workers. The old "Scholarship" system worked better based on good grades at school and parental income.

Do I have any "survivors remorse" about it?? No bloody way!!!! Communists took the family property, bank accounts and livelihood from dad and his family in Eastern Europe in the late 40s. Getting some of it back from "commie wannabes" seemed quite logical at the time.

Greg

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner

Not every child is equipped to go to college. Others should learn a trade. It shouldn’t depend on whether their parents could afford it.
Sending a child to college should not result in a lifetime of debt
I said not every kid was mentally equipped to go to college. For various reasons, not every child will be able to go to college. What do we do with those kids?

Yes, I agree that going to college shouldn't be a lifetime of debt, but I also agree that you shouldn't be able to take money out of someone else's pocket to pay for it.

There's a bridge there that I just can't get across. We need to give kids free college by taking money from one group of people to give to another. I don't know of that i cN agree with that.

Why do you feel entitled to other people’s money?
This right here is the problem in a nutshell. The left has created a country where people who earn less, either because they are not as smart, or motivated, or skilled, just feel entitled to OPM. The attitude now is “if you have it, and I need it, you just need to give it to me.”

They wanted the cost to be less. They didn’t specify what needed to be cut. Democrats chose to cut ”free” college, among other things. Now if they would only get rid of the part that allows them more access to our bank accounts.

They wanted the cost to be less. They didn’t specify what needed to be cut. Democrats chose to cut ”free” college, among other things. Now if they would only get rid of the part that allows them more access to our bank accounts.
Maybe college would be cheaper if students went back to living in cinderblock dorms with shared bathrooms and the dining hall a short walk away. Nowadays, colleges have luxury apartment complexes, elaborate sports arenas with waterparks, and a host of on-site restaurants from which to choose.

Maybe college would be cheaper if students went back to living in cinderblock dorms with shared bathrooms and the dining hall a short walk away. Nowadays, colleges have luxury apartment complexes, elaborate sports arenas with waterparks, and a host of on-site restaurants from which to choose.

We are kindred spirits. I agree whole heartedly.

Forum List

Back