Biden declares war on China.........bu-bu-bu-but

I see the two most obtuse Liberals on USMB have chimed in, joy.
The 2 most obtuse? How could you possibly narrow it down to 2? I have most of them on ignore, so let me take a guess and you can tell me how close I was (I'll pick 4):

Moonglow
Candycorn
Occupied
JackOffNoBalls

There's another 25-30 that could easily be interchanged with any of those 4 so I may have whiffed. Lol

Gaffe after gaffe......they send him out of the country and he still keeps going off of the reservation.
I'm not sure. I think it could be a planned dance. Biden talks tough and his aides all undo it, so that our enemies are in maximum confusion about what our policy really is. It's happened with both Putin and China, so it's ongoing and may be deliberate.

I'm not sure. I think it could be a planned dance. Biden talks tough and his aides all undo it, so that our enemies are in maximum confusion about what our policy really is. It's happened with both Putin and China, so it's ongoing and may be deliberate.
The problem is he is president and he sets the policy, not the people behind the curtain.

No he did NOT declare war. Only Congress can declare war. He said he would defend Taiwan against Chinese aggressions if such aggression happens. Why do you cons lie so fucking much.
Nobody has depended on Congress to declare war since the Korean War. And I'm not sure they did then --- it was supposedly a UN Action, ha-ha.

Nobody has depended on Congress to declare war since the Korean War. And I'm not sure they did then --- it was supposedly a UN Action, ha-

No way they could come to a consensus. They'd debate for months.....LOL

The problem is he is president and he sets the policy, not the people behind the curtain.
Whatever the policy IS. The problem for me is I can't tell what our policy about war is: Biden talks tough but his aides immediately undo everything he says. Is this calculated confusion? Possibly.

The tactic "I'm crazy and I have the Bomb" has been used consistently by North Korea, also recently by Putin. It IS a good tactic, and now it's being replaced by the American president acting out "I'm senile and I have the Bomb!"

At least, I hope he's acting -------------------- I'm no fan of nuclear war against us.

Whatever the policy IS. The problem for me is I can't tell what our policy about war is: Biden talks tough but his aides immediately undo everything he says. Is this calculated confusion? Possibly.

The tactic "I'm crazy and I have the Bomb" has been used consistently by North Korea, also recently by Putin. It IS a good tactic, and now it's being replaced by the American president acting out "I'm senile and I have the Bomb!"

At least, I hope he's acting -------------------- I'm no fan of nuclear war against us.
Biden has demonstrated many times he's being coddled. Has admitted so during speeches and other events. 'I'm not allowed to take questions'....I'll get in trouble'. Reads teleprompter wording saying 'end of speech', pulls out a list of reporters 'I'm supposed to call on'.

Unfortunately, this is our reality.

Jesus. Every president gets asked the Taiwan question, they are supposed to know the answer.

It was a simple one- "I think China understands- if they choose to invade Taiwan like Russia invaded Ukraine, they will find themselves in the same position that Russia is in. An outcast among nations, and cut off from the International financial system."

If you want to add a veiled threat, you say something like: "I expect Taiwan would receive the same kind of broad International support that Ukraine is getting."

Biden was a Senator when TRA was passed- you'd think he'd know what's in it, but he's so far gone...

Biden has demonstrated many times he's being coddled. Has admitted so during speeches and other events. 'I'm not allowed to take questions'....I'll get in trouble'. Reads teleprompter wording saying 'end of speech', pulls out a list of reporters 'I'm supposed to call on'.

Unfortunately, this is our reality.
Yeah --------- I'm not so worried about that sort of stuff. His folksy way of talking about things is okay with me, as you quote. I'm not one of those people who think Biden is particularly senile: I think this talk is ageist and partisan. Not that I think he should run again: enough is enough.

But we are seeing a pattern of tough talk immediately negated by all his staff, and I am very interested in that. Maybe it is senility! But maybe it's a sort of diplomatic dance. Kim Jun Il does that all the time. Hitler did it all the time. Threatening, then pulling back at once. Threatening again, then pulling back. Hitler meant the threats; so far, Kim never has. So what is going on with Biden, I wonder. I sure don't want to get into war with China. Or Russia. On the other hand, if they are sure we won't go to war, they'll walk all over us. I think "I'm senile and I have the Bomb!" may be a calculated warning.

Yeah --------- I'm not so worried about that sort of stuff. His folksy way of talking about things is okay with me, as you quote. I'm not one of those people who think Biden is particularly senile: I think this talk is ageist and partisan. Not that I think he should run again: enough is enough.

But we are seeing a pattern of tough talk immediately negated by all his staff, and I am very interested in that. Maybe it is senility! But maybe it's a sort of diplomatic dance. Kim Jun Il does that all the time. Hitler did it all the time. Threatening, then pulling back at once. Threatening again, then pulling back. Hitler meant the threats; so far, Kim never has. So what is going on with Biden, I wonder. I sure don't want to get into war with China. Or Russia. On the other hand, if they are sure we won't go to war, they'll walk all over us. I think "I'm senile and I have the Bomb!" may be a calculated warning.
I don't think so. Is most likely the major reason they keep him off the podium as much as possible. His primary debates were eye opening, I can see why they hid him in the basement. i don't think his handlers are too adept, either.
Look at the pandemic. WH says this, CDC says that, Fauci says this....even goes with most things coming out of the WH. He's going to open up oil leases, then a month later Interior is wacking them. Never ending story.

I don't think so. Is most likely the major reason they keep him off the podium as much as possible. His primary debates were eye opening, I can see why they hid him in the basement. i don't think his handlers are too adept, either.
Look at the pandemic. WH says this, CDC says that, Fauci says this....even goes with most things coming out of the WH. He's going to open up oil leases, then a month later Interior is wacking them. Never ending story.
You won't get any argument from me about how badly the Covid thing was handled. I am still furious.

Under Reagan we gave our word to Taiwan.

We should honor that word. Only way Taiwan goes to China is if Taiwan wants to. Other than that we back them up and put China's Navy at the bottom of the South China Sea.

Peace thru strength with the will to back it up.

Under Reagan we gave our word to Taiwan.

We should honor that word. Only way Taiwan goes to China is if Taiwan wants to. Other than that we back them up and put China's Navy at the bottom of the South China Sea.

Peace thru strength with the will to back it up.

Biden had some type missile test scheduled......called it off, didn't want to jerk Xi off over the Taiwan thing.
Showed his cards.......wait until Taiwan.

Forum List

Back