Biden considers raising capital gains tax to nearly 44%

Long term capital gain should be taxed at the same rate labor income is taxed.

Why?

Because income is income.

Income is not income. Investments that trigger capital gains usually have a higher risk and does not have FDIC insurance. Now if your want to prevent investments, a higher tax on capital gains is one sure way to go.
So you're saying the .1% will just put money in FDIC accounts unless they keep the long term cap gain tax break?

They'll find less riskier investments.

Which will do what to capital markets and the economy? Firms rely on capital markets as well as debt markets.

You can bet the economy will truly become a Biden economy.

Why?

That does not answer the question or justify as to why capital gains invested with labor income that has already been taxed should be taxed again at the same rate. The incentive to invest becomes severely diminished when the risk + capital gains taxed at same income tax rate.

Why does holding on to an asset for more that a year qualify that income for a lower tax rate than a citizens hourly wage or salary for that year? I've had that 401K for decades but if I take a withdrawal I still pay todays tax rate.

401k money has not been taxed yet. I’ll ask again: where is the incentive to invest after tax income with risk and taxes at the same rate as your income? For “Required Rate of Return” mean anything to you? On a macro level, what do you think capital gains tax rate increase on par with income taxes will do to capital markets and the economy?

Don't risk it. Just put it into savings and get .02% or whatever it is.

And what impact do you think that will have on the economy? At .02%, that’s hoarding cash, cash sitting on the sidelines. At best you are looking at a stagnant economy.

Why?

That does not answer the question or justify as to why capital gains invested with labor income that has already been taxed should be taxed again at the same rate. The incentive to invest becomes severely diminished when the risk + capital gains taxed at same income tax rate.

Why does holding on to an asset for more that a year qualify that income for a lower tax rate than a citizens hourly wage or salary for that year? I've had that 401K for decades but if I take a withdrawal I still pay todays tax rate.

401k money has not been taxed yet. I’ll ask again: where is the incentive to invest after tax income with risk and taxes at the same rate as your income? For “Required Rate of Return” mean anything to you? On a macro level, what do you think capital gains tax rate increase on par with income taxes will do to capital markets and the economy?

And what impact do you think that will have on the economy? At .02%, that’s hoarding cash, cash sitting on the sidelines. At best you are looking at a stagnant economy.

You want the government to pick winners and losers. The banks loan that money out.

While I agree with raising Capital Gains taxes it shouldn't be higher than regular income taxes. It should all simply be the same. Income is income and all should be taxed the same.

I agree. It's another class warfare ploy and the idea that it's "unfair" that people make money not doing some kind of manual labor.

The "unfair" part is they make money not doing any kind of manual labor and pay less in taxes.

Yet you favor raising taxes on everyone. Why?

We are 30 trillion in debt.
why? because of investments or politicians?

Both. We have plowed a ton of money into the markets. People voted for that.
I vote for spending cuts, and I never win. Been voting in that manner every election cycle. No politician is interested in spending cuts. they owe to many people favors. I was disappointed with Trump's sign spending increase in the budget. It was time to let the government fail. I truly thought he'd hold. disappointed me. But he was the only one willing to discuss. shit Xiden stated he would raise taxes rather than cut spending and tax payers voted for that, well, not the fraudulent votes, those people don't exist. Those voting for a tax hike make me ask the question, just give more at tax time! why don't you all? ignorance in the populace is in mass action today.

Why?

most stock portfolios only average 4% increase on an investment. That's peanuts.

Why?

Income is not income. Investments that trigger capital gains usually have a higher risk and does not have FDIC insurance. Now if your want to prevent investments, a higher tax on capital gains is one sure way to go.
So you're saying the .1% will just put money in FDIC accounts unless they keep the long term cap gain tax break?

Which will do what to capital markets and the economy? Firms rely on capital markets as well as debt markets.

Which translates to sluggish or stagnation at best. Democrats will see the Treasury take in less revenue on a gross and net basis. Then, how will they spend? What will they spend with?

Why?

You want the government to pick winners and losers. The banks loan that money out.
that's why the FDIC guarantees our money in a bank.

While I agree with raising Capital Gains taxes it shouldn't be higher than regular income taxes. It should all simply be the same. Income is income and all should be taxed the same.

I agree. It's another class warfare ploy and the idea that it's "unfair" that people make money not doing some kind of manual labor.

The "unfair" part is they make money not doing any kind of manual labor and pay less in taxes.

I vote for spending cuts, and I never win. Been voting in that manner every election cycle. No politician is interested in spending cuts. they owe to many people favors. I was disappointed with Trump's sign spending increase in the budget. It was time to let the government fail. I truly thought he'd hold. disappointed me. But he was the only one willing to discuss. shit Xiden stated he would raise taxes rather than cut spending and tax payers voted for that, well, not the fraudulent votes, those people don't exist. Those voting for a tax hike make me ask the question, just give more at tax time! why don't you all? ignorance in the populace is in mass action today.

So since we refuse to address the cost side, I support making people pay for the debt side.

Why?

Which translates to sluggish or stagnation at best. Democrats will see the Treasury take in less revenue on a gross and net basis. Then, how will they spend? What will they spend with?
they will just spend more, it's what they do. they have no realization of money. it's fake to them.

Why?

most stock portfolios only average 4% increase on an investment. That's peanuts.

Heck of a lot more than savings and not what portfolios have been doing with the Fed pumping trillions.

So since we refuse to address the cost side, I support making people pay for the debt side.
why? that's not on them. They risk their money to invest, there are no guarantees of a gain in an investment, however, the investment furthers jobs. Which in themselves creates tax payers and revenue. you still don't understand money.

Why?

Heck of a lot more than savings and not what portfolios have been doing with the Fed pumping trillions.
that's on politicians that you give a break to. funny.

Why?

Yep, hope and change doesn't buy many groceries.

Why?

they don't want you buying groceries, they want food banks handing out groceries from government punks.

why? that's not on them. They risk their money to invest, there are no guarantees of a gain in an investment, however, the investment furthers jobs. Which in themselves creates tax payers and revenue. you still don't understand money.

The Fed is guaranteeing returns with the trillions they pump into the markets.

Why?

they don't want you buying groceries, they want food banks handing out groceries from government punks.

If the government is going to buy a business an off ramp, why shouldn't they buy others things for others?

If the government is going to buy a business an off ramp, why shouldn't they buy others things for others?
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink it. wow. dude, you still don't understand. I feel sorry for you.

You still don't get that adding employees is adding tax revenue. why don't you understand that? It's actually two fold.

They made money on the taxes from the resources that built the off ramp. fk man get a brain.

you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink it. wow. dude, you still don't understand. I feel sorry for you.

You still don't get that adding employees is adding tax revenue. why don't you understand that? It's actually two fold.

They made money on the taxes from the resources that built the off ramp. fk man get a brain.

They will do that even without forcing the taxpayers fund them.

That's my point. You think raising taxes will correct that situation, and of course it won't, but the government relies on less intelligent folks like you to believe it will. In the meantime, they'll keep spending, and telling you you're a racist if you oppose it. Sucker.

They will do that even without forcing the taxpayers fund them.
no they won't why else put a ramp there?

Forum List

Back