Biden claims the $3.5 TRILLION spending bill costs "zero dollars'.

Project much?

Center for American Progress? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Board of Directors​

John Podesta, Chair
Stacey Abrams
Julián Castro
Steve Daetz
Sen. Tom Daschle
Patrick Gaspard
Andrew Hauptman
Eric Mindich
Kristin Mugford
Donald Sussman
Hansjörg Wyss

Yes, seriously. Your ACA link was from 2012.
But the graph showing health care inflation went through 2018. That is eight years after the fact. The link from 2012 was a review of the predictions from the 2010 CBO report, and note, after two years the CBO confirmed their prediction that the ACA would PAY FOR ITSELF. And the long term benefits of the GI Bill are very well known and usually commonly taught in Macroeconomics 101.

Center for American Progress? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Board of Directors​

John Podesta, Chair
Stacey Abrams
Julián Castro
Steve Daetz
Sen. Tom Daschle
Patrick Gaspard
Andrew Hauptman
Eric Mindich
Kristin Mugford
Donald Sussman
Hansjörg Wyss

Biden has truly jumped aboard the train to Crazyville. No cost for a multi trillion dollar boondoggle?
Such claims are insane.

The war in Afghanistan for 20 years was a multi trillion boondoggle. The Great Republican Tax Scam was a multi billion boondoggle.

The Build Back Better Plan is a $3.5 trillion over 10 years, stimulus that will create millions of jobs.

And heres where you fail. The plan is popular with a majority of America, Including most Democrats, most Independents, and a plurality of Republicans.

Nobody cares what a magat thinks, as they are on the losing side as usual.

Within 2 years… healthcare costs were lower (compared to previous increases.)

So what do you have to show that has changed?

Anything?
CBO estimated that the ACA would reduce the deficit in 2025 — the last year of its analysis — by $118 billion, or by $98 billion after accounting for macroeconomic feedbacks (i.e., the law’s impact on the economy). Repealing the three ACA taxes will cut revenues by just over $40 billion that year, still leaving roughly $55-75 billion in deficit reduction. The adjusted estimate also shows deficit reduction growing rapidly in the latter years of the ten-year budget window, even without the three repealed taxes.

It just pays for itself…it is a magic money making spending bill.

Like all the other spending bills that paid for themselves that no one can cite. :rolleyes:

almost as much as the dims when it comes to predicting the wonderful results of spending 3.5 TRILLION dollars of money we don't have.
In Macroeconomics there is something called the multiplier effect. Essentially it is a measurement of the return on a dollar of government spending, or tax cuts, to the GDP. In every case over the last fifty years every single tax cut has resulted in a multiplier of less than one. A budgetary policy decision that pays for itself results in a multiplier of greater than one. Estimates for the GI Bill are around seven, and honestly, that is probably conservative.

The reason that tax cuts always return a multiplier of less than one is explained by another Macroeconomic concept called the Paradox of Thrift. Inevitably, some of those tax savings are saved. In this infrastructure bill every single dollar is going to be spent. A dollar goes to build a road. Wages are paid to workers, supplies are purchased, and those dollars will cascade through the economy. It is almost a given that the multiplier will be greater than one.

That reality, combined with the historical low cost of servicing government debt, make this decision an easy one. Honestly, it should have been done years ago. It is not a right or left issue, a Republican or Democrat issue. It is damn common sense, and basic Macroeconomics.

Now, I am clearly not impressed with a bunch of jackasses on a messageboard, whose knowledge of Macroeconomics is essentially non-existent, proven several times within this very thread. Like the ignorant costs are always passed on statement, which is actually Microeconomics. There are seventy economists, most of them active professors, supporting my position. I challenge any of you yahoos to trot out ONE economist ranked in the world's top 100 that supports your position.

Like all the other spending bills that paid for themselves that no one can cite. :rolleyes:
Dont advertise your ignorance
The ACA had revenue attached to it that paid for it and inspite of the GOP reducing that revenue it still SAVED money in terms of the deficit.

This will likely do likewise

AND oh yea...it upgrades our infrsastructure in all sorts of ways AND provides JOBS

Look you stupid shit, either pull your head out of your ass and analyze the data I have put forth or STFU. You are like a screaming parrot, except the parrot is smarter.

The war in Afghanistan for 20 years was a multi trillion boondoggle. The Great Republican Tax Scam was a multi billion boondoggle.

The Build Back Better Plan is a $3.5 trillion over 10 years, stimulus that will create millions of jobs.

And heres where you fail. The plan is popular with a majority of America, Including most Democrats, most Independents, and a plurality of Republicans.

Nobody cares what a magat thinks, as they are on the losing side as usual.
Show us where its been done before then. If it were that simple, we wouldn't need to do it because it would have been done when Obama was POTUS.

In Macroeconomics there is something called the multiplier effect. Essentially it is a measurement of the return on a dollar of government spending, or tax cuts, to the GDP. In every case over the last fifty years every single tax cut has resulted in a multiplier of less than one. A budgetary policy decision that pays for itself results in a multiplier of greater than one. Estimates for the GI Bill are around seven, and honestly, that is probably conservative.

The reason that tax cuts always return a multiplier of less than one is explained by another Macroeconomic concept called the Paradox of Thrift. Inevitably, some of those tax savings are saved. In this infrastructure bill every single dollar is going to be spent. A dollar goes to build a road. Wages are paid to workers, supplies are purchased, and those dollars will cascade through the economy. It is almost a given that the multiplier will be greater than one.

That reality, combined with the historical low cost of servicing government debt, make this decision an easy one. Honestly, it should have been done years ago. It is not a right or left issue, a Republican or Democrat issue. It is damn common sense, and basic Macroeconomics.

Now, I am clearly not impressed with a bunch of jackasses on a messageboard, whose knowledge of Macroeconomics is essentially non-existent, proven several times within this very thread. Like the ignorant costs are always passed on statement, which is actually Microeconomics. There are seventy economists, most of them active professors, supporting my position. I challenge any of you yahoos to trot out ONE economist ranked in the world's top 100 that supports your position.
And im not impressed with 70 economists (out of god knows how many) who probably have the same bias you do!!!!

We won't agree. Many economists don't agree.

I was against Trumps spending and im against this. It's reckless. Period.

The question I always ask people like you, that I never get an honest, straight forward answer for is.......What happens if you are wrong?

It's simple. You say its someone else fault and the taxpayers get a nice reach around from the politicians that fucked things up.

Im not an economist but I have good fucking sense. Anyone who doesn't understand that this is just another way for crooked ass politicians to line their own pockets and give money to their donors and lobbyists is a fucking idiot.

I don't have to be an economist to understand that politicians fucking lie and screw the tax payer on a very regular basis. BOTH SIDES DO IT. Its too bad economists who tout their education and toot their own horn can't see or admit that.

I will leave you to debate this with those of a higher intellect than myself.

Thanks for the conversation.

I fail to see where money magically appears out of thin air.
Taking money from Americans under the threat of force is not ‘free money’.
It's called taxation. Grownups know all about it.

It's the foundation of civilization and democracy

Forum List

Back