Biden can't even unify his own party, Democrats admit they don't have the votes to pass their agenda in the Senate, no Green New Deal, no DC statehood

This is how it's supposed to work. Now lets hope he doesn't issue EO's after EO's and if he really believes something should be done take the argument to the people and convince them to elect those who would do that.

With his strong public approval, the President should become more ambitious.
We’re fast approaching President Biden’s 100th day in office and already Congress has passed a massive $1.9 trillion coronavirus aid package; helped usher in Biden’s history-making Cabinet picks; and approved a measure in the House that would give undocumented immigrants, including those currently with temporary protections under the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, a pathway to citizenship.

Maybe the popularly-elected President should next vow to build a "big, beautiful wall!" and make "Mexico!" pay for it, or to repeal 'ObamaCare' and replace it "immediately!" with "something terrific!" that "covers everybody!" at "less cost!"

it's over! it's fucking over!

Imagine that. The President's Party is allowed to disagree with him!! What a concept!
Most things Progs do has an agenda. They just make it look like what you say. So they get the meat and potatoes done.

excerpt:

Some House Democrats are searching for workarounds that could keep their loftiest hopes alive, even on voting rights. Members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus made the case to Biden on Tuesday for passing immigration reforms with a simple majority in the Senate — rather than risking another big letdown with bipartisan talks. (White House press secretary Jen Psaki swatted down the idea the following day.)

That frustration is unlikely to abate. Nearly 100 days into Biden’s tenure, many House Democrats — who’ve already spent two years since they took back the majority watching the Senate squash their priorities — are getting impatient.

“Look, for four years, we complained that bills went to the Senate and died and went to Mitch McConnell’s graveyard. We can't have these really good bills die in the Senate under Democratic control,” Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) said. “Our colleagues in the Senate need to figure out a way.”

Now lets hope he doesn't issue EO's after EO's
He is already at around 65 EOs so i wouldnt put much hope in that...

Since his initial EO's many of which overturned Trump's EO's I dont recall him issuing very many.
Less than half are reversals. His EO rate is unprecedented.
Biden's executive orders: View the list (cnn.com)

6 since February and none creating some new law or regulation.

Since his initial EO's many of which overturned Trump's EO's I dont recall him issuing very many.

Obviously the number and the unprecedented level part doesnt turn on that light bulb in that head of yours.
Oh well. Continue wishing. Good day.

Obviously the number and the unprecedented level part doesnt turn on that light bulb in that head of yours.
Oh well. Continue wishing. Good day.

6 since the initial bunch since February and none of those were consequential. I disagree with EO's to create or get around laws which is what I initially said. Creating a "commission" is something EO's were intended for.

it's over! it's fucking over!
The President's popularism has Republicans in a tizzy.

As Biden approaches 100th day in office, Republicans admit difficulties in attacking his agenda
  • As President Biden nears his 100th day in office, he has positive favorability ratings from voters.
    • Republicans are struggling to counter Biden's robust policy agenda.
    • Biden's push to raise corporate taxes to fund his infrastructure bill garners the support of voters.
    • President Joe Biden has befuddled Republicans in Washington, DC.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.07.09 AM.png
BEFUDDLED

He successfully pushed through his $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill despite the objections of every congressional Republican, arguing that the broadly popular legislation had sizable support among GOP voters.
As someone who has endeared himself to Amtrak, Biden has long been a proponent of strengthening the country's infrastructure, which has resulted in a proposed $2 trillion piece of legislation that would invest in everything from roads and bridges to broadband and public school upgrades.​
Republicans have attacked that worldview, arguing that unified Democratic control of government has resulted in too much liberalism, with Biden's governance being painted as a liability.​
However, nearly 100 days into Biden's first term, most voters seem to hold the opposite view and the GOP has been almost powerless to stop him.
Biden is getting good marks from the American public
Over the past few days, several major national polls have shown Biden with positive approval ratings.
The most recent Pew Research Center poll showed Biden with a 59% job approval rating - 39% of respondents disapproved of his performance.​
The latest Morning Consult/Politico poll had Biden with a 60% job approval rating, while only 37% viewed his performance unfavorably.​
Quinnipiac released a poll on Wednesday that also showed Biden in positive territory with a 48% approval rating, while 42% disapproved.​

The Covid-19 relief and infrastructure bills are plenty for the first 2 years. The American people will know which party cares about their welfare.

The public is very aware of voter repression by the Repugs, and of the way the filibuster is used to make sure that no legislation get done.

Expect the Dems to increase their Senate majority significantly in 2022. Then Manchin won't be able to save the filibuster.

Once the filibuster is gone, the Dems agenda will be back on track.

The Covid-19 relief and infrastructure bills are plenty for the first 2 years. The American people will know which party cares about their welfare.

The public is very aware of voter repression by the Repugs, and of the way the filibuster is used to make sure that no legislation get done.

Expect the Dems to increase their Senate majority significantly in 2022. Then Manchin won't be able to save the filibuster.

You federal supremacists make me sick to my stomach.

From the OP link:

With infrastructure and voting rights bills proving difficult enough to get to the president’s desk, Democrats are putting long-held progressive priorities like a 51st state, Supreme Court expansion and a $15 minimum wage on the proverbial back burner while they focus on what’s actually achievable.

After a Trump era that emboldened its left flank to push ambitious plans, the party’s legislative agenda is gliding down from loftiness to pragmatism.

This is political reality. Either the Democratic Party is going to pass what it can for a legislative accomplishment or get bogged down in quixotic idealism.

You federal supremacists make me sick to my stomach.

Thanks! You just made my day!!!! :p

Forum List

Back