Biden and the Dems are harming the hard-working middle class

In twenty years you'd gone from an entry level job with the government to a "low level supervisor" job with the government? Yeah...you're a real "go getter", Winger! That's the same as someone starting in the military out of a service academy as a Lt. and after twenty years making it all the way to Captain! That tells me all I need to know about how good you were at your job.
Another disadvantage of working for the government. While the private sector was booming, we were in a job freeze with promotions and benefits frozen while they downsized the workforce. You don’t get rich working for the Government
I worked with the military and after Major, they start weeding you out as you approach 20 years.
But we did have a great pension.

Last edited:
The sad reality is that the private sector has turned on its employees.

It used to be that they valued loyalty and offered wages and benefits to encourage employees to stay.
But the private sector turned to worshiping short term profits over long term prosperity. Workers became expendable and as soon as there was a lag in workload, you were released.

The private sector worships job insecurity to make workers afraid for their jobs and pits worker against worker.
With all due respect, Winger...you don't know a thing about the Private Sector! You're one more Public Sector "drone" who muddled along doing as little as you could get away with. People like you NEED the Public Sector because people like you can't survive in the Private Sector! :)

In twenty years you'd gone from an entry level job with the government to a "low level supervisor" job with the government? Yeah...you're a real "go getter", Winger! That's the same as someone starting in the military out of a service academy as a Lt. and after twenty years making it all the way to Captain! That tells me all I need to know about how good you were at your job.
Good point. In less than ten years in the private industry, I went from the assistant in my department, to a manager, to the director level - at age 31.

Another disadvantage of working for the government. While the private sector was booming, we were in a job freeze with promotions and benefits frozen while they downsized the workforce
I worked with the military and after Major, they start weeding you out as you approach 20 years.
But we did have a great pension.
A twenty year job freeze? Promotions and benefits frozen as well? Public Sector downsizing? Any other excuses for your pitiful advancement, Winger? The dog ate your homework?

Good point. In less than ten years in the private industry, I went from the assistant in my department, to a manager, to the director level - at age 31.
So what are you bitching about?
All that advancement and you have nothing to show for it?
I can see why you are so adamant that the poor don’t suffer enough to suit you
Loser

My dad was in the Fire Department. In twenty years he went from being a firefighter to being a Chief. What Winger inadvertently admitted is that he was one of the government "slackers" that was content to just put in his time!

A twenty year job freeze? Promotions and benefits frozen as well? Public Sector downsizing? Any other excuses for your pitiful advancement, Winger? The dog ate your homework?

Yup
Things are slow and steady when working for the Government

Over a career, you reach the higher levels. But it takes a while

But I do have a kick assed pension and got to double dip for six years

Yup
Things are slow and steady when working for the Government

Over a career, you reach the higher levels. But it takes a while

But I do have a kick assed pension and got to double dip for six years
Slow and steady? Dude, that's GLACIAL! You have to be a functioning moron to only advance that far in a Public Sector job! All you have to do is show up. That's you in a nut shell buddy! You're the guy who "showed up" for twenty years! You didn't reach the "higher levels"! You barely made it out of the entry levels!

Slow and steady? Dude, that's GLACIAL! You have to be a functioning moron to only advance that far in a Public Sector job! All you have to do is show up. That's you in a nut shell buddy! You're the guy who "showed up" for twenty years! You didn't reach the "higher levels"! You barely made it out of the entry levels!
I’m not being snarky…
RWer probably did not go to the club often enough, did not contribute money to the club or did not do the walks with any candidates.
That was his choice.

So what are you bitching about?
All that advancement and you have nothing to show for it?
I can see why you are so adamant that the poor don’t suffer enough to suit you
Loser
Who said I have nothing to show for it? I have a 7- figure net worth.

And do you say “you loser” to the welfare recipients who push out kid after kid they can’t afford, and live off of other people’s money? No. You are a typical lefty with upside down values who calls a successful middle-income worker a loser, and defends the people sucking off of other people’s earnings.

I’m not being snarky…
RWer probably did not go to the club often enough, did not contribute money to the club or did not do the walks with any candidates.
That was his choice.
After twenty years only making it to a low level supervisor's job means that Winger is that slightly dimwitted guy who doesn't screw up badly enough to get fired but nobody really trusts with anything important! Is that "snarky" of me to point out? :)

He likely would have been fired had he been in private. Government was considered the last resort of people who couldn’t quite cut it in the competitive world, and they were attracted to the fact they couldn’t be fired for incompetence.

After twenty years only making it to a low level supervisor's job means that Winger is that slightly dimwitted guy who doesn't screw up badly enough to get fired but nobody really trusts with anything important! Is that "snarky" of me to point out? :)
The crime of it all is that a mediocre guy is now getting six-figures from taxpayers, and will until the day he dies, whereas in private he probably would have been fired at least once.

Gets worse at the Executive Level

No matter how much responsibility you have your salary is frozen at what a Senator or Congress Member makes. Currently $174,000.
Unlike a Corporate Executive who gets a limitless salary, mega bonuses, stock options and a Golden Parachute…..Your wages and benefits have a ceiling

No snark…
I know; you can only fault the genetically challenged so much.

No matter how much responsibility you have your salary is frozen at what a Senator or Congress Member makes. Currently $174,000.
Unlike a Corporate Executive who gets a limitless salary, mega bonuses, stock options and a Golden Parachute…..Your wages and benefits have a ceiling
That’s the only place government is underpaid. The vast majority of professional and support government workers are overpaid. Bigtime. And then on top of that, they have this scam where they go to the golf course, or the swimming pool, or the movies, and claim to be working.

Congress Critters get Lulus…
They are paid overtime and make big bucks doing so.

Executive level? LOL Winger, your "ceiling" was your lack of work ethic and intelligence!

Forum List

Back