Biden Admin Weeds Out White House Stoners

This article is somewhat confusing, or perhaps I have not had enough coffee yet.

It seems to indicated that the Biden Admin promised staffers that they would be flexible regarding past marijuana use, but after the affected staffers completed background check forms revealing past marijuana use, even in states where it is legal according to state law, many were asked to resign.

My guess is that the real story is that the incompetent Biden Admin made unclear, unwritten promises that they could not keep, and the stoners had trouble understanding how the system really works, with some being let go due to excessive or habitual use that they considered personally to be "limited", or perhaps being dishonest about the level of prior use. You can just imagine the low-IQ woke cast of characters who are trying to be employees of the Executive Branch these days.

"'The policies were never explained, the threshold for what was excusable and what was inexcusable was never explained,' the staffer said. "

The press was all over Jared Kushner's security clearance challenges. I wonder how many folks with a Hunter Biden type of record are trying to work at the White House.

So Kameltoe and Hunter aren't allowed in the WH anymore?

If you're stupid enough to volunteer that you smoke a little weed then you deserve to get fired.

Bingo. Employers don't want to hear that you are loaded on grass , particularly in writing when the applicant is applying for a gig in someplace like the WH.

The insurance company doesn't want to pay the claim if you get wasted on some bad ganja trip in the Oval Office and accidentally fall on the Red Nuclear button.

I'm surprised that modern young people couldn't figure this out for themselves. There is a reason that neither Cheech nor Chong were ever appointed to high office by previous libs.
There are things you just don't admit.

Like when your Dr asks you how much you drink or if there is a gun in your house
If you're stupid enough to volunteer that you smoke a little weed then you deserve to get fired.

If you're stupid enough to lie to the FBI about this, you deserve to be fired. Just ask General Flynn what happens when you lie to the FBI.
If they aren't making you piss in a cup then even the Feebs won't be able to prove anything

That's exactly the attitude that got these fools fired in the first place. Those who do not learn from their mistakes, are condemned to repeat them.
no they got fired because they were stupid and admitted they smoked weed voluntarily

The people who got fired weren't the ones who admitted to smoking weed. They're the ones who lied about it and their FBI security investigation revealled they were lying.

Biden administration removes dozens of staffers from White House who admitted to using cannabis in states where it's legal despite telling them they would NOT be punished

No it did not. The removed FIVE staffers:

They have been told to resign or they will be fired. All the same, you were wrong. They admitted to use.

You didn't even read the article did you?

No, I didn't read your article. I WATCHED THE FUCKING PRESS CONFERENCE, YOU DOLT!!!

the only way the feebs would know if anyone smoked weed was to have them piss in a cup

Which enumerated power would give Congress the right to ban alcohol or marijuana?
Well the feds gave up on alcohol with the repeal of prohibition, and the commerce clause probably gives them the ability to declare drugs as part of schedule I, which controls the sale of the drugs.

Why, if the government had the authority to ban alcohol using the commerce clause, did they go to the trouble of two constitutional amendments?

There are those (perhaps you?) that believe the commerce clause give Congress complete power to regulate any thing that is traded, not just trade between the states and trade with other nations or tribes. That's a made up interpretation, made up, unconstitutionally, by the Supreme Court. There was most definitely no such intent when the Constitution was written.

And one of the best modern analyses is David Fortes' paper:

And another:

No; the Commerce Clause does not give the Government the authority to regulate drugs.

The fact that drugs are bought and sold internationally and interstate says you're wrong.

If I were to grow pot in my own yard and not trade it or sell it, then it's not covered by the commerce clause.

I agree, but the Supreme Court doesn't. Also we're not talking about people that are growing their own, are we?

The only real solution is to remove Pot from Schedule I and let the States figure it out. At that point use isn't a federal issue when it comes to security clearances.

Drug use will always be a concern on security clearances, just like alcoholism is.

Alcoholism is more akin to drug abuse, not drug use. Plenty of people can and do use pot recreationally only.

Both can cause impairment and affect judgment. Tell the class where the cutoff is between recreational and habitual use.

So only straight edge people can be 100% trusted?

Caffeine can cause impairment and affect judgement, guess one cup of coffee a day makes you unemployable?

The cutoff is if you can use it without impacting your day to day life. I got plenty of friends who toke daily who lead perfectly normal and productive lives. Same as a person who has a scotch after work or before bed.

Sorry, I think people charged with the security of this nation should be held to a higher standard than Bill or Jenny down the block. Drug and alcohol use tends to increase when peoples jobs increase their stress levels.

Sorry, but I think enforcing teetotaling as a requirement for federal office or employment is overboard.

You don't like it, I get it. But others do and can function just fine while using them in moderation.

The others are the very ones I don't want entrusted with our nations secrets or foreign policy. They can work a job where it won't matter much if they FU.

That eliminates most of the population. You don't want impaired people working on machinery or operating vehicles more than you don't want them implementing policy.

So you don't mind impaired people making policy? Think about that. You must really love the policies set by xiden, a perfect example of an impaired person making policy.

I'd rather have "impaired" competent people doing it than straight edge lefty assholes doing it.

Sorry, but the sitcom "one puff makes you a druggie" bullshit doesn't work for me.

In what world does "impaired" and "competent" go together? Also I never said one puff makes you a druggie.

With pot you are only impaired if you are toking while working.

The only real solution is to remove Pot from Schedule I and let the States figure it out. At that point use isn't a federal issue when it comes to security clearances.

Drug use will always be a concern on security clearances, just like alcoholism is.

Alcoholism is more akin to drug abuse, not drug use. Plenty of people can and do use pot recreationally only.

Both can cause impairment and affect judgment. Tell the class where the cutoff is between recreational and habitual use.

Caffeine can cause impairment and affect judgement, guess one cup of coffee a day makes you unemployable?

The cutoff is if you can use it without impacting your day to day life. I got plenty of friends who toke daily who lead perfectly normal and productive lives. Same as a person who has a scotch after work or before bed.

Sorry, I think people charged with the security of this nation should be held to a higher standard than Bill or Jenny down the block. Drug and alcohol use tends to increase when peoples jobs increase their stress levels.

Sorry, but I think enforcing teetotaling as a requirement for federal office or employment is overboard.

You don't like it, I get it. But others do and can function just fine while using them in moderation.

The others are the very ones I don't want entrusted with our nations secrets or foreign policy. They can work a job where it won't matter much if they FU.

That eliminates most of the population. You don't want impaired people working on machinery or operating vehicles more than you don't want them implementing policy.

So you don't mind impaired people making policy? Think about that. You must really love the policies set by xiden, a perfect example of an impaired person making policy.

Your assumption that people in policy decision making jobs are smoking at work or during work hours. As a person who has used weed regularly for the past 20 years, I didn't ever go to work after smoking, or attempt to close transactions "under the influence".

This wrong headed notion that weed smokers are all "Cheech and Chong" type stoners, should remember that both Cheech and Chong have had very successful 50+ years careers in show business, as well as successful business interests outside of their stand-up comedy, recordings, song writing, voice-over roles, acting, singing, and dancing, that have earned both of them millions of dollars. Cheech is worth $30 million, and Chong $20 million. These "lazy stoners" could be retired, smoking weed by the pool but they're both still working. Tommy Chong appeared on Dancing With The Stars a few seasons back.

Smoking pot isn't like drinking. It isn't addictive, nor does it poison the body, or destroy your organs. One ounce - 28 grams of high quality pot lasts me 5 weeks. That's less than 1 gram per day - about 3/4 of a joint. It relieves my arthritis pain, providing me with more range of movement, letting me be more active and productive, and it relieves my insomnia, allowing me to sleep through the night, most nights.

Noted Hollywood "stoners", Brad Pitt and Matthew McConaughey are both acting, producing, running charities, raising families, doing commercials, winning Oscars, and are worth $300 million and $150 million each.

When you start listing the names of hardest working, and richest people people in the world, a surprisingly large number of smart, successful, and rich people, smoke pot.

ROFLMFAO, and I wouldn't trust anyone of the lot to decide if this country goes to war or not.

BTW the CDC doesn't agree that pot smoking isn't harmful to the body or isn't addictive.

The CDC is also all over the place on COVID things.

They've been looking at marijuana use a lot longer than covid. And they cite studies done by others in the link.

For every study that makes pot out to be the devil's weed, there are others that say it is no more harmful than tobacco.

I'd rather have "impaired" competent people doing it than straight edge lefty assholes doing it.

Sorry, but the sitcom "one puff makes you a druggie" bullshit doesn't work for me.

In what world does "impaired" and "competent" go together? Also I never said one puff makes you a druggie.

Yeah, that what they say. Yet it takes THC longer to clear the system than any other illegal drug. Explain that.

Your assumption that people in policy decision making jobs are smoking at work or during work hours. As a person who has used weed regularly for the past 20 years, I didn't ever go to work after smoking, or attempt to close transactions "under the influence".

This wrong headed notion that weed smokers are all "Cheech and Chong" type stoners, should remember that both Cheech and Chong have had very successful 50+ years careers in show business, as well as successful business interests outside of their stand-up comedy, recordings, song writing, voice-over roles, acting, singing, and dancing, that have earned both of them millions of dollars. Cheech is worth $30 million, and Chong $20 million. These "lazy stoners" could be retired, smoking weed by the pool but they're both still working. Tommy Chong appeared on Dancing With The Stars a few seasons back.

Smoking pot isn't like drinking. It isn't addictive, nor does it poison the body, or destroy your organs. One ounce - 28 grams of high quality pot lasts me 5 weeks. That's less than 1 gram per day - about 3/4 of a joint. It relieves my arthritis pain, providing me with more range of movement, letting me be more active and productive, and it relieves my insomnia, allowing me to sleep through the night, most nights.

Noted Hollywood "stoners", Brad Pitt and Matthew McConaughey are both acting, producing, running charities, raising families, doing commercials, winning Oscars, and are worth $300 million and $150 million each.

When you start listing the names of hardest working, and richest people people in the world, a surprisingly large number of smart, successful, and rich people, smoke pot.

ROFLMFAO, and I wouldn't trust anyone of the lot to decide if this country goes to war or not.

BTW the CDC doesn't agree that pot smoking isn't harmful to the body or isn't addictive.

They've been looking at marijuana use a lot longer than covid. And they cite studies done by others in the link.

For every study that makes pot out to be the devil's weed, there are others that say it is no more harmful than tobacco.

So you're admitting pot is harmful and pot smokers should be penalized like tobacco users on life and health policies, right?

Yeah, that what they say. Yet it takes THC longer to clear the system than any other illegal drug. Explain that.

Trace levels remaining detectable for use testing isn't the same as psycho-active THC levels being in the bloodstream. It's a complex organic molecule that seems to linger in trace amounts for relatively long periods of time. The body does remove it though rather quickly when it's at active levels.

So you're admitting pot is harmful and pot smokers should be penalized like tobacco users on life and health policies, right?

I think SMOKING anything is harmful, but since most pot people vape if they use frequently, they aren't smoking.

I should have been clearer about the issues with tobacco being due to combustion, not to being tobacco.

Trace levels remaining detectable for use testing isn't the same as psycho-active THC levels being in the bloodstream. It's a complex organic molecule that seems to linger in trace amounts for relatively long periods of time. The body does remove it though rather quickly when it's at active levels.

The metabolites of cocaine clears in 48 hrs, THC take 30 days, that means psychoactive levels remain higher longer. And if a person reups every day, it's like taking meds every day, levels will remain higher. You're smart enough to know this, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I think SMOKING anything is harmful, but since most pot people vape if they use frequently, they aren't smoking.

I should have been clearer about the issues with tobacco being due to combustion, not to being tobacco.

If most vape, why do I see all the bud in pot stores on the news? But you didn't answer my question.

The metabolites of cocaine clears in 48 hrs, THC take 30 days, that means psychoactive levels remain higher longer. And if a person reups every day, it's like taking meds every day, levels will remain higher. You're smart enough to know this, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I can live with that.

If most vape, why do I see all the bud in pot stores on the news? But you didn't answer my question.

originally vaping wasn't with a pen, it was with a device that heated the pot in shredded form below the point of combustion but above the point of THC vaporizing.

I think tobacco users who switch to vaping shouldn't be penalized at all, the issue was always combustion products.

originally vaping wasn't with a pen, it was with a device that heated the pot in shredded form below the point of combustion but above the point of THC vaporizing.

I think tobacco users who switch to vaping shouldn't be penalized at all, the issue was always combustion products.

Actually vaping caused me more problems than smoking, the added moisture fosters higher bacterial and fungal levels in the respiratory system. A lot of young people have had major fungal infections in their lungs.

Actually vaping caused me more problems than smoking, the added moisture fosters higher bacterial and fungal levels in the respiratory system. A lot of young people have had major fungal infections in their lungs.

Usually those are cheap knockoff vapes using crap solutions. The really high end units (at least for pot) are designed to work with your own materials, and proper storage of the base material removes most of the moisture issues, which eliminates the fungal growth issues. They don't run on "wet" base materials like the solution units these days.

Nothing is 100% safe, but vaping was what they came up with when people were asked to come up with a "better" cigarette.

Milk, cheese, processed meats, butter, etc all leave cholesterol which causes all sorts of health problems..........

Forum List

Back