Biden Admin. to combat extreme heat

1632189705091.png

Where's the part about the pushing getting rid of home AC units? I wanted to send it to someone.

Heat waves kill people—and climate change is making it much, much worse

A recent study found that more than a third of all heat deaths worldwide can be pinned on climate change. Parts of the U.S. are feeling the danger now.

There is no question we are experiencing more frequent and more extreme heat events around the world and in places not normally subject to high temperatures. You can argue until the cows come home about whether this is “normal” or “climate change” but that doesn’t alter the fact it is occurring, large numbers of people are dying from it, and agriculture and ecosystems are impacted. So are you just going to sit there playing your fiddle and pretend it isn’t happening or use human ingenuity to come up with solutions? Sometimes, fairly low tech idea like planting trees and painting roofs white can have significant effect. Trees in urban areas can do quite well and offer a lot of benefits.

A recent study found that more than a third of all heat deaths worldwide can be pinned on climate change. Parts of the U.S. are feeling the danger now.

There is no question we are experiencing more frequent and more extreme heat events around the world and in places not normally subject to high temperatures. You can argue until the cows come home about whether this is “normal” or “climate change” but that doesn’t alter the fact it is occurring, large numbers of people are dying from it, and agriculture and ecosystems are impacted. So are you just going to sit there playing your fiddle and pretend it isn’t happening or use human ingenuity to come up with solutions? Sometimes, fairly low tech idea like planting trees and painting roofs white can have significant effect. Trees in urban areas can do quite well and offer a lot of benefits.

You found a recent study. Look at youuuuuuuuuuuu!

5000 dollar per tree in downtown Chicago sound about right?

First thing they're going to do is what they do already. What they meant to say is they'll revisit standards and probably won't do a real thing differently.

Second they're going to use man-caused global warming, climate changing, 12 years to live, carbon producing fuels to provide air conditioning to those on welfare.

Third they're going to look into planting trees where there's no space for them to level the playing field favor blacks and Hispanics due the "Island effect"

Fourth they're going to capture data that's already captured.

Ok, so what would you rather they do?

5000 dollar per tree in downtown Chicago sound about right?
And? It’s the sort of thing you can residents, groups and schools behind to donate, fundraise and plant. It is something concrete and immediate….easier to get support for than the more complex solutions.

excalibur
Well I live down here in Florida and I'll protect my AC with a shotgun. LOL
I tend to agree with Crepitus on this. If anyone is proposing this it is fringe. AC is what allowed the south to really grow, bring in business etc. When I visit my Mom in NC, I admit I am wimpy about the humidity and heat!

Slowly, slowly, like putting a frog into room temperature water and then slowly turning up the heat. That is what the leftoids are doing to people/sheeple. They saw how well it worked with COVID.
Actually that's what's happening to the whole world thanks to climate change.

Coyote
You're right about the heat.

I lived in NC for ten years and their Summers are just like Florida's. Damned hot an humid. I'm wondering how folks lived in the south before AC. Good Lord.

Energy prices are sky rocketing and winter is coming on and poor people might freeze to death if they can't afford heating oil but the backwards Biden administration pretends to address "extreme heat" that doesn't exist. No surprises here.

Forum List

Back