Bible sanctions schadenfreude

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
Schadenfreude is a German word meaning the pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune. The pleasure is particularly sweet if that misfortune was caused by the afflicted person’s foolishness or evil intent.

While some may feel guilty about such feelings, they are sanctioned by the Bible, as noted in Proverbs 1:24-26.

Because I have called and you refused,
have stretched out my hand and no one heeded,
and because you have ignored all my counsel
and would have none of my reproof,
I also will laugh at your calamity;
I will mock when panic strikes you

Liberals may argue that the compassion and forgiveness of Christ overrides the harsh judgements of the Old Testament, but I see the testaments as being more cyclical, with years of permissiveness followed by years of punishment, then years of quiet and docility and the cycle starting all over again.

You didn't have to give me a definition of the word Schadenfreude.

Trump presided for 4 years on "laughing at liberal tears". We all know what it is. Schadenfreude is all their party really has.

Trump presided for 4 years on "laughing at liberal tears". We all know what it is. Schadenfreude is all their party really has.

It's always about Donald Trump, isn't it?

Schadenfreude is a German word meaning the pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune. The pleasure is particularly sweet if that misfortune was caused by the afflicted person’s foolishness or evil intent.

While some may feel guilty about such feelings, they are sanctioned by the Bible, as noted in Proverbs 1:24-26.

Liberals may argue that the compassion and forgiveness of Christ overrides the harsh judgements of the Old Testament, but I see the testaments as being more cyclical, with years of permissiveness followed by years of punishment, then years of quiet and docility and the cycle starting all over again.

What a bullshit. It's funny if someone opens a door and water falls down on him and makes him wet, isn't it? What we Germans call "Schadenfreude" is what you call just simple fun. Your films are full of "Schadenfreude".

500 years before:

Last edited:

Trump's father was a sadist.. Trump also revels in the misfortune of others.

We’re in an epidemic of Schadenfreude – The Forward
Aug 31, 2020 · Worst of all is the Schadenfreude that President Trump encourages his followers to express, and even expresses himself. The examples are legion. But it’s really been amped up in his response to ...

Though personified as a woman in that passage, wisdom is not a person per se. A person is not taking pleasure in another person's misfortune.

That passage basically says, "That's what you get for doing this or doing that without me." It says Israel pays the consequences for acting without wisdom.

Schadenfreude may be a thing elsewhere in the Old Testament, but the New Testament redefines Israel, which seems devoid of the concept.

Aug 31, 2020 · Worst of all is the Schadenfreude that President Trump encourages his followers to express, and even expresses himself. The examples are legion. But it’s really been amped up in his response to ...

No way, dude. The best Schadenfreude of both the 20th and the 21st century was when Trump won. The butt-hurtedness and tears from the left were epic.

No way, dude. The best Schadenfreude of both the 20th and the 21st century was when Trump won. The butt-hurtedness and tears from the left were epic.

I'm not a dude. Trump is a loser who gloats over the misfortune of others.

[video]

I'm not a dude. Trump is a loser who gloats over the misfortune of others.

[video]

Well that's odd. President Trump never brought me any of that "misfortune" you speak of. You must be mistaken.

But I can tell you one thing: Misfortune, misery, and mediocrity will damned sure be three things that cocksucker in the White House has to offer you.

You can bet on that.

Forum List

Back