Cause there's a red, under my bed
And there's a little yellow man in my head
And there's a true blue inside of me
That keeps stoppin me, touchin ya, watchin ya, lovin ya

Paranoia, the destroyer.

CBS is pretty harsh to Obama.
But the others... Could be.

Sent from my iPhone using no lube, maximizing the butt hurt in right wingers

Most members of the mainstream media seem to have a liberal idealogy that makes it easy for them to agree with liberal positions. It allows them to validate their beliefs.

In addition to family relations, we've seen many members of the media go to work for the Obama Administration. Not a surprise by any means...

Dear CK: Once I found out this game was going on locally in Houston, I already learned my lesson not to trust the media any more.

The Chronicle actually hired a high ranking official from the City as a consultant, so they were paying them.

All the reporters who planned or printed anything adverse regarding the politics in Freedmen's Town disappeared.

I am surprised I got my letters published at all, so someone on the editorial board was okay sticking to Centrist and Constitutional statements and even went out of the way to help edit them to stay on point.

You can't trust the politicians and financiers playing the games buying everything out.

But you can find people at the bottom trying to make things work without getting in trouble.

Look up James O'Keefe getting run out of NY for exposing too much adversarial info through Project Veritas. Also John Cusack and the Freedom of the Press Foundation is trying to post regular fundraising drives for independent media and political watch groups. We can win the battle by connecting and supporting independent media and organizing across party lines. If we get too partisan and get weak divided from each other, that's where the divide and conquer tactic can be used to scatter the efforts and waste the resources we have.

staying universal and inclusive helps stabilize and unify so issues can be safely addressed.

CBS is pretty harsh to Obama.
But the others... Could be.

Sent from my iPhone using no lube, maximizing the butt hurt in right wingers

CBS is what? Harsh? CBS is the network that tried to promote forged documents in order to give democrats the upper hand in Bush's 2nd term. Dan Rather should be sharing a cell with Charlie Manson but he still gets about 10k for a speech to the true believers. CBS hasn't changed it's spots. It is still an arm of the democrat party.

Is it paranoia when they really are coming after you!

Trying to understand the media and the people that populate it isn't that difficult once you think about it.

Who wants to become a 'journalist'?

You? Not me. Not ever. But you know people who do, don't you? Think about them for a minute.

What's it take to be a Journalist?

Well, if you go to East Iowa State Community College and get an AA in Journalism, you'll be lucky to land a job in the Farmers Weekly writing about the new strain of swine in Europe and the Wheat Harvest.

If you want to make the 'Big Time' you have to go to an elite University. Like Columbia. Or Penn. Or Yale, Harvard..... Schools that cost more per year than a new BMW.

Then, when you graduate (with a $250,000 College debt) you're lucky to get a job as an unpaid intern at Salon Magazine.

Maybe in a year or so, you can get on as cub reporter or a copy assistant at around $30k a year.

A problem with that is, rent in the Big Apple averages more than you make. Not a lot left over for food or clothes or electricity.

So who can afford this type of extravagant expense for so little reward?

Think about it.

A good read from a good mind (not mine) in my series on trying to understand the dimocrap mind...

Ace of Spades HQ

major snippage<<<And this all goes hand in hand with my own Great Big Idea, that liberalism is largely, by subconscious design, a machine of class-differentiation for those aspiring to be part of an upper class to count themselves as part of that upper class, even if (especially if!) their credentials for belonging to that class are otherwise slim.

And this effect pushes liberalism, not conservatism. It's true that, hypothetically, a system could have developed wherein conservative thought was defined as the ideology of the elite, and then aspirational would-be memebers of that elite would ape conservative modes of thought rather than liberal.

But it didn't work out that way. Because people tend not to see elites of most professions in everyday life, or at least aren't usually exposed to the political beliefs of those elites. Doctors, as a group, tend to be conservative (or more conservative than most professions -- far more conservative than lawyers, for example), but your average patient doesn't get to hear all of his doctor's opinions on politics. The doctor pretty much sticks to his area of expertise.

But people do hear all about the politics and preferences of one profession-- the media, of course, which is on television 24/7/365 and has to put out a lot of content. And so they do, offering, in tv shows, films, and newscasts, all of their ideas (they need to churn out content, after all) -- and the media's ideas tend to be liberal.

If people typically heard the beliefs of other inarguable elites, perhaps there wouldn't be this bias in people's minds that liberalism represents the beliefs of the smart set. If people heard what engineers had to say, if engineers were on Letterman as much as Brian Friggin' Williams, perhaps their subconscious notion of the "elite" way of looking at things would change. But they don't hear from engineers. They just hear from David Letterman, Brian Williams, Tom Brokaw, and other, um, non-elites who just happen to be paid a king's ransom and be on tv all the frickin' time because that's their job, to fill up the space between commercials. Even when other elites are featured on tv -- they tend to be ones expressing the same ideas as the media. Al Gore gets on Letterman to talk up global warming, but Freeman Dyson -- an actual brilliant scientist -- doesn't get to say that he thinks global warming is overstated, half-baked, most-likely-wrong poppycock. Science popularizer Carl Sagan is on every network to talk about his "Nuclear Winter" theory, but father of the hydrogen bomb Edward Teller doesn't get to say that's all a bunch of well-meaning made-up political "science."

>>>snip

New Topics

Forum List

Back