BET co-founder Robert Johnson: 'Black people laugh at White people' who topple statues

Billiejeens

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2019
Black Entertainment Television co-founder and billionaire philanthropist Robert Johnson said Wednesday that “Black people laugh at White people” who topple statues in the name of racial justice.

During an appearance on Fox News, Mr. Johnson ripped the vandals who are defacing and tearing down statues of the Founding Fathers and Confederate generals across the country as a protest against systemic racism in the wake of the police-custody death of George Floyd.

“Look, the people who are basically tearing down statues, trying to make a statement are basically borderline anarchists, the way I look at it,” Mr. Johnson said. “They really have no agenda other than the idea we’re going to topple a statue. It’s not going to close the wealth gap. It’s not going to give a kid whose parents can’t afford college money to go to college. It’s not going to close the labor gap between what White workers are paid and what Black workers are paid. And it’s not going to take people off welfare or food stamps.”

BJ's Pull quote

“Black people, in my opinion, Black people laugh at White people who do this the same way we laugh at White people who say we got to take off the TV shows,” he continued. “White Americans seem to think that if they just do sort of emotionally or drastic things that Black people are going to say, ‘Oh my God, White people love us because they took down a statue of Stonewall Jackson.’ Frankly, Black people don’t give a damn. It falls into that, an attempt by White Americans to assuage guilt by doing things that make them feel good.”

Agreed. Assuaging their acute White Guilt isn't helping anything. In fact, stupid band-aids like this only makes things worse, because they give the racists and enablers of racism a handy excuse to (a) get themselves and each other even MORE fired up, and (b) change the subject to something comparatively trivial and blame the protesters for it.

Band aids don't work on cancer. This problem is much bigger than some statues, and we're taking our eye off the fucking ball.

Last edited:
Black Entertainment Television co-founder and billionaire philanthropist Robert Johnson said Wednesday that “Black people laugh at White people” who topple statues in the name of racial justice.

During an appearance on Fox News, Mr. Johnson ripped the vandals who are defacing and tearing down statues of the Founding Fathers and Confederate generals across the country as a protest against systemic racism in the wake of the police-custody death of George Floyd.

“Look, the people who are basically tearing down statues, trying to make a statement are basically borderline anarchists, the way I look at it,” Mr. Johnson said. “They really have no agenda other than the idea we’re going to topple a statue. It’s not going to close the wealth gap. It’s not going to give a kid whose parents can’t afford college money to go to college. It’s not going to close the labor gap between what White workers are paid and what Black workers are paid. And it’s not going to take people off welfare or food stamps.”

BJ's Pull quote

“Black people, in my opinion, Black people laugh at White people who do this the same way we laugh at White people who say we got to take off the TV shows,” he continued. “White Americans seem to think that if they just do sort of emotionally or drastic things that Black people are going to say, ‘Oh my God, White people love us because they took down a statue of Stonewall Jackson.’ Frankly, Black people don’t give a damn. It falls into that, an attempt by White Americans to assuage guilt by doing things that make them feel good.”
Yup, pretty much.....

But......when you address the wealth gap, wage gap between blacks and whites and how that gap was established in LARGE PART DUE TO INSTITUTIONAL RACISM -- the folks whining about statues coming down will really be whining about ACTUALLY ADDRESSING the real issues....

So be thankful its just statues coming down.....but change is coming...

BJ's Pull quote

Of course they do. There's nothing on the planet more ignorant than a guilt-ridden Leftist whitey being led around by a nose ring by the Democratic Party.

BJ's Pull quote

Yup, pretty much.....

But......when you address the wealth gap, wage gap between blacks and whites and how that gap was established in LARGE PART DUE TO INSTITUTIONAL RACISM -- the folks whining about statues coming down will really be whining about ACTUALLY ADDRESSING the real issues....

I know that you are Biffy Bad Ass and all, but just a heads up -
The guilt ridden white children that support you now, will be back hiding under mommies bed should the violence become a two way street.
Just so you know your real numbers and chances.
All the best to you.

BJ's Pull quote

Yup, pretty much.....

I know that you are Biffy Bad Ass and all, but just a heads up -
The guilt ridden white children that support you now, will be back hiding under mommies bed should the violence become a two way street.
Just so you know your real numbers and chances.
All the best to you.
Like I said.....change is coming.......

But thanks for letting it be known you stand against addressing the systemic issues that Robert Johnson was talking about...

Again, this is why I have zero respect for closet racists like yourself...

By the way, the fact you are a closet racist is evidence that "change is coming"

Dang!

Euro-Americans have no need to feel guilt.

Since the 1960s, they have done everything possible to make up for what some much earlier Euro-Americans had done.

It is another group that should feel guilt for the inordinate amount of senseless violent crime committed by many of its youth.

BJ's Pull quote

They should be laughed at....they are not there for the civil rights movement most of them are lost, sexually confused cuckolds or fat ugly white women who can't score a date anywhere else.

In time this will play out again when the Latino Majority erases black culture from the continent.
somewhere about 2035

JO

Agreed. Assuaging their acute White Guilt isn't helping anything. In fact, stupid band-aids like this only makes things worse, because they give the racists and enablers of racism a handy excuse to (a) get themselves and each other even MORE fired up, and (b) change the subject to something comparatively trivial and blame the protesters for it.

Band aids don't work on cancer. This problem is much bigger than some statues, and we're taking our eye off the fucking ball.
No.....what all of the looting and protesting is doing is proving that much of what the racists in the 50s and 60s were saying is 100% valid. Also, many who were against women getting the vote are turning out to be prophetic.
Much of the crime is due to blacks taking out their racist and violent tendencies on white/black victims or anyone who owns a business.....and the fact that women are too easily swayed by communists who preach populist doctrine is proving the root of the problem.

Yup, pretty much.....

No it is institutional baba momma and Darnell Daddy don't care.

Forum List

Back