What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Youtube video editor

kseeding

Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to start a youtube channel. What video editing software do you suggest I use? I am not going to do a lot of editing. Just cuts and adding music. Is there free and lightweight software? Also easy to use. Thanks in advance!

tyroneweaver

Gold Member
Reaction score
Supposedly DaVinci Resolve is the best.
i used it, but it has a steep learning curve. And then after my pc updated it wouldn't work anymore.
I;m currently using mini tool movie maker. But who knows if its the best. I use it for my rifle scope editing.
here's a slo mo I made.

HaShev

Gold Member
Reaction score
There's one that copies instead of renders, so it's super fast as long as you are saving the same vid type and compression settings as the files used. There are no filter effects, but it's good for shortening and cleaning up vids without time consuming rendering that movie editors do.
To splice out and edit you just save the sections you want then append them and save that full edited file.
The program is free and is called
Avidemux

OP
K

kseeding

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks, but what about windows movie maker?

Reaction score
Movie Maker works fine. But I use Magix Movie Studio 13 Platinum, it has the power of Vegas but at a fraction of the cost. If you decide to get this, make sure you get the Platinum version. The normal version doesn't allow advanced editing.

Free and lightweight is a tall order. Virtualdub and Windows Movie Maker are the only two I know of that aren't limited by some artificial restriction. The last time I tried VirtualDub it was just so buggy and crashed constantly. I hope it has improved over the years.

There is also Lightworks. This is professional editing software with a learning cliff to match. It is extremely expensive. However, there is a free version but it is limited to exporting 720p.

HaShev

Gold Member
Reaction score
Movie Maker works fine. But I use Magix Movie Studio 13 Platinum, it has the power of Vegas but at a fraction of the cost. If you decide to get this, make sure you get the Platinum version. The normal version doesn't allow advanced editing.

Free and lightweight is a tall order. Virtualdub and Windows Movie Maker are the only two I know of that aren't limited by some artificial restriction. The last time I tried VirtualDub it was just so buggy and crashed constantly. I hope it has improved over the years.

There is also Lightworks. This is professional editing software with a learning cliff to match. It is extremely expensive. However, there is a free version but it is limited to exporting 720p.
Yeah, you can even use Magix Music maker to do video editing and there would be the OP's simple audio edit as well.

OP
K

kseeding

Reaction score

Thanks for the detailed review. Cheers!

Darkwind

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Adobe Premeire

Reaction score
Filmora, too is a fairly good editing software, and is fairly easy to use. I know a lot of YouTubers who use it too! But again, if you potentially wanted to pursue a career in YouTubing then I'd go the extra mile and pay for your software.

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to start a youtube channel. What video editing software do you suggest I use? I am not going to do a lot of editing. Just cuts and adding music. Is there free and lightweight software? Also easy to use. Thanks in advance!
Somehow late but avidemux is the best solution for you, I guess.

Lulllaboo

Reaction score
I know a lot of programs that can be used for video editing, but many of them have so many different tools that it seems impossible to figure it out. I recently found a tutorial on how to create a glitch effect on a video. If this information can be useful to someone here, then I can share here Top 7 Free Online Glitch Effect Generators a link to an article with free glitch generators that everyone can use to create more creative multimedia content. I'm always happy to find helpful tutorials and articles with reviews of new video editing tools.

HaShev

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of programs that can be used for video editing, but many of them have so many different tools that it seems impossible to figure it out. I recently found a tutorial on how to create a glitch effect on a video. If this information can be useful to someone here, then I can share here Top 7 Free Online Glitch Effect Generators a link to an article with free glitch generators that everyone can use to create more creative multimedia content. I'm always happy to find helpful tutorials and articles with reviews of new video editing tools.
You can use Photoshop shapes patterns brushes etc to create unique shaped masks to use in video production filter through.
You can also use it to create shapes to make motion graphics for motion graphic logos intros text effects etc.
YouTube has many resource video packs for free video fx like sparks fires explosion smoke rain old film fx etc....
Certain Youtube vid channels also have many free project files for editors like Sony Vegas, saves time setting up fx and just plug in your own footages and style to already painstaking stacks of video sequence channels with preset filter settings.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List